Gilmer vs.Graham

Buckeye1980

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFW, 5:00 oclock traffic, is always backed up in that area, especially on Fridays, everyone trying to get out of town, its best to get in the area before 5, again DFW 5 oclock traffic, can linger till around 7:30 to 8:00, you get caught in that and you could miss kickoff.

We pulled into Arlington on our way to eat around 4:30 and it was already bumper to bumper on 20 and in Grand Prairie on 360.

But the good thing is... Mansfield's stadium is very nice and roomy if you're running behind. Just make sure the DOD has a better outcome this week! Go Buckeyes!

:notworthy:

The only thing I can add to this thread is that A-Wylie beat graham 31-7, and as most of you know, they also beat argyle 42-21. This is a weak comparison I know, but these semi final games usually lack any substantial info.

Maybe I'll go surf around max preps

Yes, you need to do that. Actually the Argyle/Wylie score was 31-14. Wylie scored with about a minute left in that one on a very hot cramping nite when the Argyle D was spent and the game was all but over. They took it in from about the 32 on a run. The scores are very similar, and both teams improved much as the season progressed. This Graham team will be very tough to deal with. They play some good ball over there, and don't much like losing, either. Things could get ugly if Gilmer starts whooping up on em, though. I think the Buckeyes play an excellent brand of football and will eventually just be too much for the Steers to handle. The Steers will come out hitting on all cylinders, imo, and may get an early lead. But this Gilmer team has much talent and will be able to control things as the game unfolds. Graham did beat some very good teams to get here, and know how to take advantage of opportunities like any very good team does. They are well-coached and will be partially "schooled" on what to expect. They just won't be able to match the Buckeyes speed at every position, and this will eventually cause their demise.

Gilmer will run by the steers on the way to the title game, to much fire power and great coaching. I will say it again this is the best coaching job by Traylor and staff ever. No super stars to start the season and now a whole team full of super stars, that can only be done with great kids and great coaching. Lets go Bucks you are our last hope for a 3A title, keep the Buckeye machine rolling and bring another East Texas state title back to where it has been resting for ten years.

How is graham Stephenville like?

Well coached, run the spread well, QB can run and he passes very well, good defense, they are probably not as big as Stephenville, but they run they're offense really well, the Buckeyes stength of schedule, has bee off the charts, and I look for them to play really well, in this game! Good luck in BBall, does anybody know when Gilmer and the Lions scheduled game in BBall is?

Well coached, run the spread well, QB can run and he passes very well, good defense, they are probably not as big as Stephenville, but they run they're offense really well, the Buckeyes stength of schedule, has bee off the charts, and I look for them to play really well, in this game! Good luck in BBall, does anybody know when Gilmer and the Lions scheduled game in BBall is?

You're correct, Graham does run the spread well, BUT not as well as we've seen to date. You can view Graham on youtube and even though they do run the spread well, should not be a problem for the Gilmer defense. I just don't think that they'll be able to match Gilmer offensively or defensively.

Hmmmmmm,,, this is makin' me think me needs to get an atlas out,,, and see if there is some route that heads down south of Dallas,, then comes back "up" to Mansfield. Try and avoid all that traffic. This old man don't like all that bumper to bumper stuff, big trucks, and ignorant goofballs darting in and out of lanes, taking "MY LIFE" carelessly. Gotta be a better way,,, that won't take any longer to get there.

You can take Hwy 67 South off of I-20 in Duncanville, travel south through Cedar Hill to Midlothian. In Midlothian take Hwy. 287 West to Mansfield and go north on 360 to Broad St. and Vernon Newsome Stadium. This will bring you in from the south, but will avoid all the traffic from the Metroplex going south on 360. Trust me, it is a friggin nightmare!!!

You can take Hwy 67 South off of I-20 in Duncanville, travel south through Cedar Hill to Midlothian. In Midlothian take Hwy. 287 West to Mansfield and go north on 360 to Broad St. and Vernon Newsome Stadium. This will bring you in from the south, but will avoid all the traffic from the Metroplex going south on 360. Trust me, it is a friggin nightmare!!!

thanks for conftrming exacatly my dtrections on page 2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Gilmer Buckeye fan, but I have to say, our fans are silent. The stands are so quiet until we make a good play, & then it dies down. The boys need our encouragement, they need to know that we're there for them through out the whole game, not just the good plays.

I'm so ready for this Friday night, semi finals. Woohoo! Ready to see the Buckeyes pull another W & go off to Jerry World.

If you are coming out from East Texas down I-20, dont go 20 to 360. Take this route to beat traffic. Exit Great Southwest Blvd in Grand Prairie. Take a left on Great Southwest and follow that all the way down to England. Take a right on England and follow that all the way to the stadium.

I'm a huge Gilmer Buckeye fan, but I have to say, our fans are silent. The stands are so quiet until we make a good play, & then it dies down. The boys need our encouragement, they need to know that we're there for them through out the whole game, not just the good plays.

I'm so ready for this Friday night, semi finals. Woohoo! Ready to see the Buckeyes pull another W & go off to Jerry World.

There are still a LOT of those fans that don't get into the game. I make it a prerequisite, and warn anybody around me that if they don't like LOUD fans and noisemakers they need to sit somewhere else. I am there to cheer our young men. They work hard for us, and DESERVE to hear us. The last couple of games have been MUCH louder than some of the earlier games. I'm not sure where you sat, but our section was LOUD!

There are still a LOT of those fans that don't get into the game. I make it a prerequisite, and warn anybody around me that if they don't like LOUD fans and noisemakers they need to sit somewhere else. I am there to cheer our young men. They work hard for us, and DESERVE to hear us. The last couple of games have been MUCH louder than some of the earlier games. I'm not sure where you sat, but our section was LOUD!

Remember how loud we got when we played Cuero in 09? I wish we could do that again...

Remember how loud we got when we played Cuero in 09? I wish we could do that again...

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to that game because of work. Wouldn't you know I would have to miss the best game ever? I have heard from many who were able to make it that it was unreal how loud it was, and how intense that game was. A buddy of mine told me just the other night after the Henderson game that he actually had a mild heart attack at that game, and didn't realize it until the following Monday. I am ALWAYS going to be loud and proud, and I don't care what the people around me say or think. They never say anything, though....., imagine that. :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to that game because of work. Wouldn't you know I would have to miss the best game ever? I have heard from many who were able to make it that it was unreal how loud it was, and how intense that game was. A buddy of mine told me just the other night after the Henderson game that he actually had a mild heart attack at that game, and didn't realize it until the following Monday. I am ALWAYS going to be loud and proud, and I don't care what the people around me say or think. They never say anything, though....., imagine that. :)

Yeah, it was definitely the best High School game I have ever been to. Easily beats the Gilmer/Canton game back in 05. I have never seen our fans that loud, ever.