Gilmer vs.Graham

Buckeye1980

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge Gilmer Buckeye fan, but I have to say, our fans are silent. The stands are so quiet until we make a good play, & then it dies down. The boys need our encouragement, they need to know that we're there for them through out the whole game, not just the good plays.

I'm so ready for this Friday night, semi finals. Woohoo! Ready to see the Buckeyes pull another W & go off to Jerry World.

Go sit on the visitors side once. I have a couple of times to get premium seating and I actually didnt believe the gilmer crowd was that loud! It's much louder when it's coming from the other side of the field. But I agree on the Cuero game. The stands were on fire that night! Much like the jasper game.

Graham is goona Light Gilmer up like a candle stick, Gilmer dont want none I promise

Graham 41

Gilmer homedudes 12

Aww, how sweet. Madden came out with a high school version of the game. You must have slid all the sliders up to 100 for Graham and 0 for Gilmer.

Trust me, real life will by far, be totally different.

If you think that Graham is going to put up 41 points on Gilmer, you're going to be highly disappointed this Friday night.

If you REALLY think that Graham is going to win, you're DEFINITELY going to be disappointed this Friday night.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Gatesville wouldn't have made it out of our district, much less come close to beating us like they did Graham.

Looking at the stats,, it looks like Graham has scored a lot of points, and has between five and six thousand yards. It also looks like they are a balanced team on offense,, about 50% on both passing, and running the ball. 39 ppg,, and giving up 14 ppg avg. I have no idea how that translates comparatively speaking, trying to determine how they will do against the speed of East Texas teams. Their roster shows 23 kids,,, surely they have more than that, it's probably not correct. Another site shows they have 42,, that's probably more like it. It's way hard to compare us to them, so getting a read on how this game might go will really be anybody's guess.

Another site shows that Graham and Gilmer have played once before, in 1932,, and Graham won 18 - 0. Looks like we got a little "payback" to take care of huh? That was a "Regional" game in '32.

It appears their name is pretty authentic,,, considering they are named the "Steers". Sounds kinda "cowboyish" right?? Well, their kids sure do have "cowboy" names. Guess it goes with the territory. There are four boys named Hunter, one named Travis, one named Cole, a Colton, a "Spur",, a "Rowdy", two Bens, a Landon, a "Dustin", an Austin,, a Husky,,and "oooops",, how did this one get in there????? a "Fidel". It kinda sounds like all those names,,,(except Fidel) came right off the list of rodeo bull riding cowboys. Probably a bunch of tough, farm/ranch working kids. I remember us playing "Olney" back in the '60's,,, that bunch of hard nosed west texas kids kicked our hineys.

One thing we do "not" need to do is take this team lightly. This is a very big state, without doubt. And there are a lot of 3-A football teams. Not exactly sure of the total, but I think it's right around 180 teams. And I'm sorry folks,, you don't get to be one of the last 4 teams standing in Div 2, and not be a pretty doggone good football team. Besides,,, the prize is not to "get to the Semi finals." The target all along for any team is to make it to the State Championship Game. Once there,, you don't have to worry about any other team but the one that occupying the opposite side of the field. But until you make the final game,, there are other teams out there who want to do the same thing. And Graham is one of those teams. Believe you me,, they want to get there just as bad as the Buckeyes do. You just don't take anyone for granted. This bunch of younguns will have to be "just as up",, just as focused, just as fired up, and intense this week,, as we were last week,, and how we will be next week should we be lucky enough to get past Graham.

I'm hearing a lot of people on Smoaky saying Gilmer won't have any trouble making the Championship game. That we should knock off Graham without a problem. Well,, say what you want to,,, but this is one Buckeye fan, who won't count my chicks until the eggs are cracked open. I know this is a smack talkin' forum. And people say stuff like that all the time,, but sometimes an alligator mouth will overload a tadpole butt. Now if we beat Graham,, I'll be back on here tootin' the Buckeyes horns for sure. But we've come too far,, to rest on any laurels of the season up until this point. I'm hopin' we win by 30,, that way I won't have to worry about my heart playin' out on me. LOL I'll be confident about our "chances",,, because I believe in our football team. But my "predictions" of a Buckeye win, won't help our kids get there one little iota. They gotta want it,, and gotta do it themselves.

Well considering I am not even concerned with your game against EF. But anyways best of luck to you, I sure hope your coach doesn't find out you are on here posting and talking smack. Back when I was in school we had 2 players get kicked off the team for posting on here during football season, and baseball season.

Well considering I am not even concerned with your game against EF. But anyways best of luck to you, I sure hope your coach doesn't find out you are on here posting and talking smack. Back when I was in school we had 2 players get kicked off the team for posting on here during football season, and baseball season.

I just been sitting back waiting on AOB to come alive and say something about that feller,, LOL, ,,what was he even in the gilmer thread for anyway 2a and 3a dont match

Graham is goona Light Gilmer up like a candle stick, Gilmer dont want none I promise

Graham 41

Gilmer homedudes 12

Hey man glad that you can get in on the action, you and the Dukester should get along just fine, with that post you made, are you the only one of your kind! Better round up some troups, if your gonna talk, silly smack, cause you will get eat'n alive! Personally i respect your program, especially when McCoy and son was there, and looks like the new coach, has got you guys playing some good football! Better not underestimate them Buckeyes! Go invite your friends lol, to join the party!

yea tell me how it feels friday night then when this 14 yr old #10 runs all over E.F . let me know how that works out for ya

East Bernard is playing against Elyaian Fields this week. #10 for EB is Ty Slanina. I doubt this is really him. Most likely a jealous adult. And I wouldn't wanna be the one slandering a high school players name. May wanna watch your back.

There are still a LOT of those fans that don't get into the game. I make it a prerequisite, and warn anybody around me that if they don't like LOUD fans and noisemakers they need to sit somewhere else. I am there to cheer our young men. They work hard for us, and DESERVE to hear us. The last couple of games have been MUCH louder than some of the earlier games. I'm not sure where you sat, but our section was LOUD!

I get threatened on a regular basis...sometimes for being too loud

Oh Pal , Im still here but why are you calling AoB, is he the president of the butt-paste rubbin squad, or is he just a candidate for the poot powder collector

Settle down ya whipper snapper. Ya might strain somethin' cheerin' from tha bleachers at east bernards next basketball game. As fer the butt paste,, I'm sure yer more familiar with that stuff than I am,, probably ain't been long since yer mommy used it on yourself.

So why the fascination with this here thread on Gilmer/Graham? Are ya a steer wannabe,,,, just a groupie??? Why not just go study some Mathematics,, or social studies,, or Texas History. Better yet,,, go study up on the Gilmer Buckeyes, then you'll know why you should be glad it's Graham we're playin' this weekend,,, and not your idols, tha Brahmers.