Tatum Girls Basketball

CEO

A lot of talk about the Tatum boys, but the girls are having a great season. They are 12-1 (I could be wrong on the wins) with the only loss coming from Crockett this last Tuesday. In the loss by 3 points, key players did not play the entire second half due to safety reasons. The Lady Eagles has beaten 5A-Longview, 5A-Eagle Pass, 4A-Texas High, 4A-Lindale, and 3A-Carthage. The Lady Eagles will compete tomorrow at 1:15 against Carthage at the Willie College Tournament for their second tournament win of the season. Great Job Ladies, Keep up the good work.

What was the story on that game? I saw the start of the thread yesterday but then when I went back couldn't find it. Not sure if it got buried or censored.

I believe it got censored. So I don't want to get anything started on that subject. Tatum lost that game and we are moving on.

I believe it got censored. So I don't want to get anything started on that subject. Tatum lost that game and we are moving on.

Lady Eagles won over 4A Texas High and 5A Longview in the Wylie Tournament now in progress. We will see just how good the Crockett girls are as the season progresses.

Key word was SAFETY

got the story..crockett girl fouled tatum girl, tatum girl hurt on hard foul, after game crockett girl went to apologize to tatum girl she got called the b word and got pushed to the floor thats when everything went haywire.no tatum girls sat out this game for any saftey reason,that came about after the girl got pushed to the floor.

got the story..crockett girl fouled tatum girl, tatum girl hurt on hard foul, after game crockett girl went to apologize to tatum girl she got called the b word and got pushed to the floor thats when everything went haywire.no tatum girls sat out this game for any saftey reason,that came about after the girl got pushed to the floor.

Thanks for the info. This being a girl's game I assume most of the details posted of what happened is 2nd and 3rd hand info and not actually witnessed. I am sure there are other versions.

If that is what you want to believe, then go for it. The video tape tells a whole different story. But this thread is not about that game, it is about how good the Tatum girls are doing this year. They have already won two tournaments in the past 2 weeks. They go to Jacksonville on Tuesday and start District on Friday in Tatum. The real test will be over the holidays at the Tenaha Tournament. We will see what they are really made of.

Tatum did not play Marshall, they played 3A Carthage and won by 30+ points.

Score was 53 Tatum to 20 Carthage. Tatum played some tough teams to get to the Championship game. Carthage side of the bracket must have been a little easier for them to get there.

Carthage has had a tough week-end. First the football team loses then the girls get knocked out by Tatum in the Championship round and in Carthage where Carthage was holding a JV tournament, their JV team doesn't make it to Championship round which the Tatum girls won.

If that is what you want to believe, then go for it. The video tape tells a whole different story. But this thread is not about that game, it is about how good the Tatum girls are doing this year. They have already won two tournaments in the past 2 weeks. They go to Jacksonville on Tuesday and start District on Friday in Tatum. The real test will be over the holidays at the Tenaha Tournament. We will see what they are really made of.

ok show us the video if my statments are incorrect.

lost in all of this is no ones saying how crockett girls almost hung a 0 on tatum in the 4th quarter their 5 pts came with under :55 seconds left in the game.

Maxjean,

That game is over and this thread has nothing to do with Crockett. This will be the last time I will address you. If you want to talk about that game, then start your own thread. The Lady Eagles are 12-1 with their only loss to Crockett. Ya'll got the win and we hope to see you later in the playoffs to settle the score. Have a great season.

Lady Eagles lost tonite by 3 point to Jacksonville. Their record is 12-2. On a side note, in last weeks rankings the Lady Eagles dropped off the poles when they were 12-1 with wins against 2 5A schools, 2 4A schools and 3 3A schools, but Union Grove is in the same district and was ranked with 4 losses. Also they picked EF to be first in district (and they were not ranked), Tatum to the second (and not ranked) and Union Grove to be third (and ranked 15th) according to TABC. It makes no sense to me.

Lady Eagles lost tonite by 3 point to Jacksonville. Their record is 12-2. On a side note, in last weeks rankings the Lady Eagles dropped off the poles when they were 12-1 with wins against 2 5A schools, 2 4A schools and 3 3A schools, but Union Grove is in the same district and was ranked with 4 losses. Also they picked EF to be first in district (and they were not ranked), Tatum to the second (and not ranked) and Union Grove to be third (and ranked 15th) according to TABC. It makes no sense to me.

Gonna make winning district even better.

Lady Eagles beat Jefferson tonight, I think the final was 78-22. JV won also, like 54-12 or something like that.

Tatum is good but they have not faced but 1 really good team. I believe Saltillo beat them 2 years in a row at the Teneha tournament. And there are some teams Tatum won't be able to press the "WHOLE" game. Guess we will see at Teneha.

Lady Eagles beat Jefferson tonight, I think the final was 78-22. JV won also, like 54-12 or something like that.

Tatum is good but they have not faced but 1 really good team. I believe Saltillo beat them 2 years in a row at the Teneha tournament. And there are some teams Tatum won't be able to press the "WHOLE" game. Guess we will see at Teneha.

That press is relentless. Them girls are running wide open every minute of the game. Beall and Turner are tough at the 1 and 2 spots and 6'2 Starling has a good lookin jumper and plays well in the paint. There is a lot of talent on this years team. They're gonna be a tough match up for just about everybody this year.

Smith is indeed another good ball player. A lot of them were. But Smith, Turner, Beall, and Starling really stood out to me. Starling looked great to me from mid range. Only had 2 open looks from there but it sure looked smooth to me...I'm assuming she doesn't do that a lot then. Again, this was the assessment of my first time to see the Lady Eagles.

That press is relentless. Them girls are running wide open every minute of the game. Beall and Turner are tough at the 1 and 2 spots and 6'2 Starling has a good lookin jumper and plays well in the paint. There is a lot of talent on this years team. They're gonna be a tough match up for just about everybody this year.

hint......pressing teams dont like to be pressed.lol