3A Div I State Championship Stephenville vs El Campo

hollywood91

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Div I Title?

Here we are. Another highly anticipated football season winding down. In a UIL realignment year with several former 4A's dropping down to 3A, Stephenville and El Campo find themselves both playing for the title in 3A Div I in their first season in 3A. Not sure if this has ever happened where there are 2 teams in their first season in 3A that are playing in the state championship game.

Who wins? History has already been made. Who makes history again?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VIlle . El campo hasn't played a lot of hard teams and are lucky to be here. Carthage pretty much gave that one away. This game will not be close. I think Henderson is the only team that was previous 4A the year before & won State but never both teams . I could be wrong.

How has el campo not played hard teams????? El campos district was voted the toughest district in 3a along with carthages...in texasfootball magazine....if I'm not mistaken el campo has defeated 5 district champions this season.

How has el campo not played hard teams????? El campos district was voted the toughest district in 3a along with carthages...in texasfootball magazine....if I'm not mistaken el campo has defeated 5 district champions this season.

C'mon now...let's put our realistic glasses on hur

Sir it doesn't have to be twitter to type what we feel is right then pound it....you know like I know when it comes to football there will be disagreements, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong us as humans will never agree as fans

This ain't no twitter

Lol

I think it would be awesome if El Campo beat the Ville... but man, that's a steep hill to climb. Their offense will have you shaking your head. You play pass and the QB will run for 20. You play run and the QB will throw for 40. Quick release, accurate, and their receivers catch everything. And don't waste your time blitzing, because it won't get there. Very frustrating to watch as an opponent.

I can't get over how everyone doubts El Campo. Carthage fans are still talking noise....but newsflash....they will be home this Friday starting their Christmas holiday while EC is playing in the state game. It doesn't matter how we won. A win is a win last I checked. The game I watched this past Friday was a memorable one because we didn't give up!! We played with heart and determination and came out on top. It's frustrating that we don't get the respect we deserve!! We have played some great teams this year and have come out on top. HELLO WE ARE 14-0!!! We have a great QB that can run for the yards when needed. We have 3 RBS that have over 1000 yards rushing this year. And our defense hasn't allowed more then 25 points per game in the playoffs. I know Stephenville is going to be a tough game but that's what u should expect when playing the SuperBowl of hs football!! Both teams have earned their right to be here!! Good luck to both teams and to the towns that will travel to Dallas to cheer on their boys!! Can't wait!! It's going to be electric!!! GO RICEBIRDS!!!

1355094019[/url]' post='1842905']

I can't get over how everyone doubts El Campo. Carthage fans are still talking noise....but newsflash....they will be home this Friday starting their Christmas holiday while EC is playing in the state game. It doesn't matter how we won. A win is a win last I checked. The game I watched this past Friday was a memorable one because we didn't give up!! We played with heart and determination and came out on top. It's frustrating that we don't get the respect we deserve!! We have played some great teams this year and have come out on top. HELLO WE ARE 14-0!!! We have a great QB that can run for the yards when needed. We have 3 RBS that have over 1000 yards rushing this year. And our defense hasn't allowed more then 25 points per game in the playoffs. I know Stephenville is going to be a tough game but that's what u should expect when playing the SuperBowl of hs football!! Both teams have earned their right to be here!! Good luck to both teams and to the towns that will travel to Dallas to cheer on their boys!! Can't wait!! It's going to be electric!!! GO RICEBIRDS!!!

Good post Lee96!! El Campo wouldn't be 14-0 and playing for the state title if they weren't solid.

I'll say that the Ricebirds will come to play and play hard! But... If they are not strong against the pass, it will be the toughest challenge of the season for El Campo. And I'm sure they are up for the challenge. Going to be a fun fun experience this week!

Kilgore did mix it up with the pass also. Does EC have a passing game?

No they do not, they run, run, and run some more. The Ville will lite them up on the score board because they can not defend the pass. They can stop the run, but if your passing game is working and force them to pull the 9 men back out of the box then you can run on them. Carthage could not get the passing game to work, to many over thrown passes to wide open receivers or drop balls. When Carthage went to the run the Ricebirds shut it down. The Ville win going away 52 to 14. Kilgore was there state champion game.

EC is very good on offense. The Jacket D or Wardogs as we like to call them have their hands full. I do believe we will have good success offensively as well. There could be several points scored in this game.