3A Div I State Championship Stephenville vs El Campo

hollywood91

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Div I Title?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephenville wins but your gonna get #### about being a drop down like henderson did. Good luck.

Well, I understand your view on this. But it's the rules. Stephenville and El Campo didn't have a choice as La Marque, Pampa, Kilgore, Henderson, Carthage (several years back), Navasota (several years back), Brownwood... etc. You just support your team and hope they play well enought to go as far as they can. We are very fortunate that Stephenville had key players returning this season. I think it wouldn't have mattered if they were 4A or 3A this season. It's one of those teams, you know?

Well, I understand your view on this. But it's the rules. Stephenville and El Campo didn't have a choice as La Marque, Pampa, Kilgore, Henderson, Carthage (several years back), Navasota (several years back), Brownwood... etc. You just support your team and hope they play well enought to go as far as they can. We are very fortunate that Stephenville had key players returning this season. I think it wouldn't have mattered if they were 4A or 3A this season. It's one of those teams, you know?

+1 Stephenville is only playing the rules the UIL put them under....There should be no fuss whatsoever....

After watching S'Ville against Kilgore's defense, I don't see anyone slowing them down, S'Ville defense will need to stop a strong running game, but they will score enough.

I agree. Kilgore's D was on it's heals for the first time this season in the first half. A defense that had only allowed a max of 20 pts in 1 game all year and allowed a whopping 8.5 pts/game for the season. Stephenville had 35 pts at the half! Kilgore's D settled in the second half and made 3 key stops but it ended up a little too late as Stephenville had let off the gas and played a more conservative game plan. This almost came back to haunt Stephenville as Kilgore put together an almost monumental comeback.

If El Campo can not get pressure on Jones (if Kilgore couldn't, then I don't know another D that could) then Stephenville will have their way with El Campo's defense. The unknown to me is how is Stephenville's D going to perform against El Campo's rushing attack. Stephenville has done very well against rushing attacks all season. If a team has any type of a passing game, (Kilgore did), then this is where they have weaknesses... trying to defend the rush and the pass. I like Stephenville's strengths versus their weaknesses in this match up.

prediction...

Stephenville 45

El Campo 27

This matchup is eerily similar to the 2005 HP/Marshall SC game. Except this one won't be televised.

Yea that really makes no sense that it won't be televised, smh only championship being played this week and they won't show it on tv....but fssw has been horrible this year imo

No it won;t be on tv. Cause Henderson/Chapel hill and Chapel Hill/Alvarado are the first teams to play all by themselfs(week before) after years of just 5a D1/D2 and 4A D1/D2 being the only ones on tv. However their will be a webcast from fsn. (At least has been the past two years). Next year their will be 4 playoffs teams so everyone will be playing at Jerry world thus being on tv.

You can also listen online at www.kulp.com....or listen online radio at 1390

No it won;t be on tv. Cause Henderson/Chapel hill and Chapel Hill/Alvarado are the first teams to play all by themselfs(week before) after years of just 5a D1/D2 and 4A D1/D2 being the only ones on tv. However their will be a webcast from fsn. (At least has been the past two years). Next year their will be 4 playoffs teams so everyone will be playing at Jerry world thus being on tv.

Yea that really makes no sense that it won't be televised, smh only championship being played this week and they won't show it on tv....but fssw has been horrible this year imo

Last year we were wondering the same thing. Apparently someone from Chapel Hill had gotten in contact with someone at FSSW and said their not setting up all their equipment and bring in all of their crew for just one high school game

I am so pulling for you El Campo, da#m fine people in that area!! Y'all are in the same boat as East Bernard-- no respect given! As a South Texas transplant, yes they do Football extremely well here in East Texas. If you matched the $$$ being spent here on HS FB ....well..... East Texas wouldn't dominate so much IMO. Good luck!!

I am so pulling for you El Campo, da#m fine people in that area!! Y'all are in the same boat as East Bernard-- no respect given! As a South Texas transplant, yes they do Football extremely well here in East Texas. If you matched the $$$ being spent here on HS FB ....well..... East Texas wouldn't dominate so much IMO. Good luck!!

Lmao