Elysian Fields vs East Bernard

SteelJacket

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freaky, how practice go today? Tried to make it but the school board meeting lasted longer than expected!

Iys all good ya kno. We got dem jv boy doin ef thang. Lookin at da side line like da scared to snap it. An tryin to foo erbody. Den da tried to run an we shut dat down like we be doin wit ya kno big hit. Den I ran ALL over ds lil buts lol. Jes like ima do.ef. later

You in dat.negative # now cause it low neway if you think ef gonna win.lol

Look of here youngster, just because Refugio, had a bad second half and y'all won don't mean you all are unbeatable.im sure that EF, is going to give y'all all you want and then some.

I think EB is gonna be shocked Friday nite when they see these Yeller Jackets in person!..... They're fixing to find out how much heart these Jackets have!... Like I said the last 3 weeks...these boys are fixing to bring it!.... Lotta difference in these kids now from a few weeks ago!... These boys are out to prove a point!

Damn was he playing on Thursday SC? Not this year surely........hahaha

Freaky is a Sr that played on their JV!... They brought him along for the ride!...and it looks like they've been hitting their tackle dummy to hard!... Believe they done bounced his head off the turf a few too many times!!

Im not scared to let ya know who I am. If you want I'll meet ya at Starlight Donuts @ 7:30 in the morning! I'll be in a baby blue 09 Chev Step Side!

first of all its not starlight donuts stupid!!!!!

first of all its not starlight donuts stupid!!!!!

now for a fact i know you not from EB....good thing

Some actual football talk here....EB runs the slot-t, as y'all probably know by now. It's been successful since Coach Long got to EB and put it in. This was the 5th time in the last 7 years that EB has gotten to the 3rd round. There is a difference this year though. Typically, EB isn't very big and has some speed, but this years team is big, fast, athletic across the board. The other difference is in the past it was slot-t run the football, when we got to the 3rd round and someone slowed it down, we were in bad shape. The passing game basically was throw it up and hope for the best. EB will pass if need be, or if EF puts 8-10 in the box they can throw it. #14 has a very good arm and plays qb in 7 on 7, he will rotate with #10 at qb.#10 can throw it just fine also. #10's speed is legit, so when he's split out wide or in the slot and goes in motion it attracts alot of attention. There have been games they send him in motion and all the LB's and secondary keys in on him and a running play to one of the other backs is wide open. I mentioned it on my initial post here, we have 7-8 backs that can run the football. Last week the 5th-6th backs were getting carries before it was out of reach.

The reason for #10's lack of yards, carries, etc....he's a great decoy. There were games where he would get 6-7 touches but it would be enough. #40, #3, #32 are the primary ball carriers and all bring something to the table. Very unselfish team, pretty much every skill player on the roster has contributed at some point. On defense EB put their best athletes out there. This is the first year that I remember having 5-6 guys going primarily one way. The MLB's are a Jr. and Soph that seem to be getting better. EB can play and is better playing man coverage in the secondary. As far as the schedule, this is probably the weakest district we've had in a long time. The 2 games that most were looking forward to was Hempstead (non-district) who went to the Div 1 title game last year. They were ranked 4th in the state when they came to East Bernard. It was a wet night but EB cruised 44-8. Much like the Refugio game EB seems to get stronger as the game goes along. I would like to see the avg. per carry from last week minus #10, it was 4-6 yds a carry in the 2nd half. Both lines dominated and got stronger as the game went on. My concern this week, is EF has been behind and lost games, so don't think they'll panic if they get behind. Refugio was done once they were down 14.

So what is the deal with Elysian Fields? I know in '07 or '08, EB lost to Refugio in Regional, then they were upset by Rice Cons. and EF ran Rice off the field in Waco. Know y'all have a good playoff history also, looks like the qb is good and makes alot of plays. Appears EF throws it for the most part, does EF run the spread? Defense? Just curious, It's impressive to lose to Arp and Hughes Springs the way EF did and come back to beat both in back to weeks. EF may be peaking at the right time.

good post jk4404....teams can peak at the right time and how the came back and be both arp and hs was impressive

Some actual football talk here....EB runs the slot-t, as y'all probably know by now. It's been successful since Coach Long got to EB and put it in. This was the 5th time in the last 7 years that EB has gotten to the 3rd round. There is a difference this year though. Typically, EB isn't very big and has some speed, but this years team is big, fast, athletic across the board. The other difference is in the past it was slot-t run the football, when we got to the 3rd round and someone slowed it down, we were in bad shape. The passing game basically was throw it up and hope for the best. EB will pass if need be, or if EF puts 8-10 in the box they can throw it. #14 has a very good arm and plays qb in 7 on 7, he will rotate with #10 at qb.#10 can throw it just fine also. #10's speed is legit, so when he's split out wide or in the slot and goes in motion it attracts alot of attention. There have been games they send him in motion and all the LB's and secondary keys in on him and a running play to one of the other backs is wide open. I mentioned it on my initial post here, we have 7-8 backs that can run the football. Last week the 5th-6th backs were getting carries before it was out of reach.

The reason for #10's lack of yards, carries, etc....he's a great decoy. There were games where he would get 6-7 touches but it would be enough. #40, #3, #32 are the primary ball carriers and all bring something to the table. Very unselfish team, pretty much every skill player on the roster has contributed at some point. On defense EB put their best athletes out there. This is the first year that I remember having 5-6 guys going primarily one way. The MLB's are a Jr. and Soph that seem to be getting better. EB can play and is better playing man coverage in the secondary. As far as the schedule, this is probably the weakest district we've had in a long time. The 2 games that most were looking forward to was Hempstead (non-district) who went to the Div 1 title game last year. They were ranked 4th in the state when they came to East Bernard. It was a wet night but EB cruised 44-8. Much like the Refugio game EB seems to get stronger as the game goes along. I would like to see the avg. per carry from last week minus #10, it was 4-6 yds a carry in the 2nd half. Both lines dominated and got stronger as the game went on. My concern this week, is EF has been behind and lost games, so don't think they'll panic if they get behind. Refugio was done once they were down 14.

So what is the deal with Elysian Fields? I know in '07 or '08, EB lost to Refugio in Regional, then they were upset by Rice Cons. and EF ran Rice off the field in Waco. Know y'all have a good playoff history also, looks like the qb is good and makes alot of plays. Appears EF throws it for the most part, does EF run the spread? Defense? Just curious, It's impressive to lose to Arp and Hughes Springs the way EF did and come back to beat both in back to weeks. EF may be peaking at the right time.

Good post. EF runs the spread for the most part. Our Defense is adjusted to what kind of offense we're playing, we run a 3-4, 4-3, 4-4 mostly. In our first Arp game there was a rain delay due to hurricane Issac, it was cold and wet and we played badly. In first HS game our QB rolled his ankle before the game, it slowed him way down. HS rolled right over our defense, coaches have made personnel changes and greatly improved our defense. We have only allowed 56 pts in the last three playoff games, to teams averaging over 40 pts per game. You can see by our stats posted earlier that we run a little more than we pass. EF has comeback from being down as much as 21 pts. they won't panic being down, HS had us down 14 last week. EF had 20 returning starters back from last year, many 3 yr starters, some early polls ranked us as high as #4 to about #13, that dropped after the loses...lol. This team is loaded with talent, they have been underperforming, they are now starting to play like they are capable.

Good post. EF runs the spread for the most part. Our Defense is adjusted to what kind of offense we're playing, we run a 3-4, 4-3, 4-4 mostly. In our first Arp game there was a rain delay due to hurricane Issac, it was cold and wet and we played badly. In first HS game our QB rolled his ankle before the game, it slowed him way down. HS rolled right over our defense, coaches have made personnel changes and greatly improved our defense. We have only allowed 56 pts in the last three playoff games, to teams averaging over 40 pts per game. You can see by our stats posted earlier that we run a little more than we pass. EF has comeback from being down as much as 21 pts. they won't panic being down, HS had us down 14 last week. EF had 20 returning starters back from last year, many 3 yr starters, some early polls ranked us as high as #4 to about #13, that dropped after the loses...lol. This team is loaded with talent, they have been underperforming, they are now starting to play like they are capable.

Appreciate the info, that's about what I thought, knew there were problems in the 1st Hughes Springs game. Veteran team that will play hard. I was concerned EB put so much into beating Refugio that they may come out flat. Just from what I've heard and seen this week, I'm not concerned about that. I have no doubt this will be a battle, probably will be within 10-12 pts. either way. Sounds like neither team will quit, can't wait until Friday.