• Gilmer
    • Longview
    • Paul Pewitt
    • other

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they think they can beat anybody! ANYBODY!!! And they always choke in playoffs!!

Why would we not think that? For us to choke every single year, we sure must have some talent that is extremely good. Even according to you, you think we should be beating all these teams we're playing since we're choking against them.

And for the record, the only time I can remember us choking in the past 7 years, was against Guyer due to poor clock management. When else did we choke? We've lost to better teams every single year. No shame at all in it, except on here where losing any game is considering choking for whatever reason. Sorry that I don't feel to bad about losing to the State Champion or State Runner Up the past 6 years....

And this myth about Longview fans thinking the world revolves around them is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't one Lobo fan on this board that thinks that.

Why would we not think that? For us to choke every single year, we sure must have some talent that is extremely good. Even according to you, you think we should be beating all these teams we're playing since we're choking against them.

And for the record, the only time I can remember us choking in the past 7 years, was against Guyer due to poor clock management. When else did we choke? We've lost to better teams every single year. No shame at all in it, except on here where losing any game is considering choking for whatever reason. Sorry that I don't feel to bad about losing to the State Champion or State Runner Up the past 6 years....

And this myth about Longview fans thinking the world revolves around them is absolutely ridiculous. There isn't one Lobo fan on this board that thinks that.

Have you met Wolfie????? Lol

The Dallas Cowboys for about 15 years now. Not really any HS teams that I hate other than on the week we play them and really that was only hate when I was playing. But the Cowboys are just a terrible organization now and look to be so for the rest of Jerry Jones life. I hate what they represent, failure and no class. Winning without class like the University of Miami did back in the day is far more tolerable than losing without class.

I'd have to say the team I love to "dislike" the most,,, would be Cameron Yoe. For beatin' us back in 1981. I'll never forgive 'em for that. LOL

I would probably still feel that way too, except a guy posted a video of that game online and I contacted him. He was one of the Yoe players from that team and he took the time to make me a DVD and mail it to me. It was Yoe's game film, but I have a copy now. I remember Coach Waggoner saying at the beginning of that film , this would be the only time we ever watched it. I assume it is still around, but I've never seen it again.

Now with hindsight of 30 years, they put a pretty good whipping on us actually. I don't recall it that way at all but that DVD doesn't lie. LOL

It was classy of that guy to do that for me.

I would probably still feel that way too, except a guy posted a video of that game online and I contacted him. He was one of the Yoe players from that team and he took the time to make me a DVD and mail it to me. It was Yoe's game film, but I have a copy now. I remember Coach Waggoner saying at the beginning of that film , this would be the only time we ever watched it. I assume it is still around, but I've never seen it again.

Now with hindsight of 30 years, they put a pretty good whipping on us actually. I don't recall it that way at all but that DVD doesn't lie. LOL

It was classy of that guy to do that for me.

No joke,,, that really was awesome. Actually, it's kind of funny about how things work out sometimes. One of the coaches on Cameron Yoe's team that year was Steve Gaddis,,, of Longview, who coached at Spring Hill for a few years against us. We went to church with Steve and his family for several years between Longview and Hallsville. Then,, the pastor that was the team Chaplain for Cameron Yoe that year,,, wound up coming up here, and pastoring the church I was talking about. Funny how things like that happen. I'd love to see the film of that game. I bet they have a copy of it up at the field house. It'd probably make me mad all over again though. LOL

The Dallas Cowboys for about 15 years now. Not really any HS teams that I hate other than on the week we play them and really that was only hate when I was playing. But the Cowboys are just a terrible organization now and look to be so for the rest of Jerry Jones life. I hate what they represent, failure and no class. Winning without class like the University of Miami did back in the day is far more tolerable than losing without class.

I have a terrible dislike for them...it was how they treated Landry...I was through with 'em then.