Whitehouse " new direction"

thechosen1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They posted the job as head coach only, with Richard Peacock as the AD. Richard peacock is an old basketball coach, could they be going back to basketball town with bad football. I think peacock is the new direction! Thoughts?

Whitehouse administration has lost their mind. Why would they want to go in a different direction? Seems as if the direction that MacFarlin had them headed in was pretty dang good. Can someone shed some light on the direction they are wanting to head?

Don't think the head coach was the problem. They are winning more games under this coach than any in there history. I dont live there, so I dont know the whole story i'm sure.

Have you ever heard that the truth is an unwelcome visitor at a school board meeting ?

They won't get a top notch HC with the pay getting cut without the AD title. Marshall tried it, now all signs point back to hiring AD/HC. I say let it play out, but Whitehouse is losing a huge asset running that football program

Whitehouse will just become the program they where before Coach McFarlin came to town!!!

People who want to "go in a new direction" better careful what they wish for.

That street runs two ways.

For every school that is succesful and pulls this stunt and keeps being succesful I can think of four or five that go from being in the playoffs every year to being 1-9 for half a decade and two other new HC's before they stop the tailspin.

Whitehouse football is going back where it was before McFarlin got there- the toliet. Bubba Gump will be hired from the nearest oil change estabilishment -he is highly qualified since he played him some football all the way up to the freshman level several years ago. For the $7.50 an hour they will pay him for a forty hour work week, he will be highly motivated. No more fancy notions about throwing the ball. Three offensive plays are enough-all runs up the gut. No OC needed. And just get you a bunch of big old boys on defense to clog up the trenches. Don't work'em on weights or long practices during the season-they need plenty of rest for game day. Yes sir, he will bring back the good ol' days of Whitehouse football! 1-9 and 2-8 records were good enough for Grandpa, they are good enough for me!

Whitehouse football is going back where it was before McFarlin got there- the toliet. Bubba Gump will be hired from the nearest oil change estabilishment -he is highly qualified since he played him some football all the way up to the freshman level several years ago. For the $7.50 an hour they will pay him for a forty hour work week, he will be highly motivated. No more fancy notions about throwing the ball. Three offensive plays are enough-all runs up the gut. No OC needed. And just get you a bunch of big old boys on defense to clog up the trenches. Don't work'em on weights or long practices during the season-they need plenty of rest for game day. Yes sir, he will bring back the good ol' days of Whitehouse football! 1-9 and 2-8 records were good enough for Grandpa, they are good enough for me!

+1

Whitehouse I.S.D. will take applications for their new head football coach up thru January 11th.

Richard Peacock will remain as the athletic director.

Here is what was posted on the Whitehouse I.S.D. website at necessary qualifications:

SBEC Certification

10-Years Coaching Experience

3-5 Years of successful experience as head coach or coordinator at Class 3-A or above required

Submit head football coach application online or contact Richard Peacock, Athletic Director.

Application deadline is January 11, 2013.

Whitehouse has scheduled school board meetings on January 22nd and February 11th.

But I bet that the basketball program will be good.

But I bet that the basketball program will be good.

Not with Jville and cujo in their district. They have not beat jville in three years and i promise they will see defeat for many years to come. Brent Kelly is the real deal and his teams are well coached from top to bottom. The ignorance of whitehouse to get rid of their current coach shows you what the have running their program. Before he started in whitehouse the team was a joke and will return back to clown statis.

I am confused. Why will Whitehouse return to clown status? Is Coach McFarlin the only coach in the state who can win at Whitehouse? Actually I read on here all year how poorly coached Whitehouse was this year. Which one is it?

Let me clear it up. 1. There are 0 great football coaches that are willing to work for a basketball coach 2. Any great coach would be taking a pay cut without the AD title in a 1 horse town 3. Limited resources- not to many really good assistants hang around average head coaches

You don't have to clear it up for me. Peacock was the asst. sup. he isn't the basketball coach. He coached basketball 20 years ago and he was a football coach too. Sounds to me like it will be a sweet job. Football coach come in and have total control of his program and not have to mess with any AD duties. Why would someone not like that job?

Nac has a separate AD, but that has nothing to do with their football program sucking. Corsicana has as separate AD and their football program is just fine.

You don't have to clear it up for me. Peacock was the asst. sup. he isn't the basketball coach. He coached basketball 20 years ago and he was a football coach too. Sounds to me like it will be a sweet job. Football coach come in and have total control of his program and not have to mess with any AD duties. Why would someone not like that job?

Nac has a separate AD, but that has nothing to do with their football program sucking. Corsicana has as separate AD and their football program is just fine.

What do you mean by " separate AD " ? Why is the Nac football program "sucking" ?

There really bad year in and year out plus bad coaching.Even refs make fun of him. (Gotta best friend who is a ref.)

OK...now please remember 2008 when Nac beat WH before Nac began acting stupid and pulled stunts like WH is currently repeating ? You are correct...coaching matters. The three years since Nac went in a "different direction" has resulted in 4 total victories in football...so should WH be concerned ?