Kliff Kingsbury

etos10

Oh, so you are one of "Those" Aggies. One of the obnoxious idiots that think its funny to spell Tech "tceh". Like one of those idiots my little brother, who went there, graduated from there, is a proud Aggie and loves the school. But he has respect for Tech because he knows during the last decade, Leach carved his school up like a thanksgiving turkey. Spike Dykes also had quite a bit of success against A&M, probably more so than Leach in the sense Spike went against and BEAT some AWESOME Aggie teams. RC Slocum said he hated playing in Lubbock more than any place else. Leach said College Station was harder to play in than either Austin or Norman and he had a WINNING RECORD in CS.

The 2008 Tech team was good and just caught playing OU at the wrong time. Had Texas not been involved with that 3 way tie, Tech would have gone to a BCS bowl and got the Cotton Bowl because in the Big 12, just like the tie goes to the runner in Baseball, tie goes to Texas, especially against Tech and A&M.

There are a lot of good, classy Aggies out there. My brother is one of them. I can tell you clearly are not.

Very well said BlueDevil! So tired of these Aggies that are all of a sudden suggesting that since they were good this year, they have always been good and rely on ancient history to shoreup their arguements. Are they good this year, were they ok last year? Maybe even ok the year before? Yes, but they have stunk it up for a while prior to that. Not a thing to brag about. At Tech, we may not always be the best, but we know it and acknowlege it. We do not have conference championships, but our university strives to be the best in everything. We graduate alot of players (and what exactly is the purpose of college if not to graduate?)

Johnny Football needs to just sit back and chill out. When A&M wins the NC year in and year out then we will let you be so obnoxious, until then just know you look stupid with your posts.................

ok, rant over, carry on!

Go Tech, great hire in Kliff! Love him and love the excitement he is bringing to our program and our fanbase!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiring Kliff may be a big risk, but it took care of one very important thing, and that was to heal the fan base. It was fractured the second Leach was canned and then the chasm deepened when Tuberville got the job. EVERYONE is behind Kliff because of what he did as a player and what he means to Tech. My Tech Grad brother was 100 percent behind Tuberville, but was not all that excited. Now, he is beyond ecstatic and believes Kliff will lead Tech to the promised land. But with Gerald Myers rotting away somewhere in the panhandle, Craig James getting embarassed in the senate race, and his spawn Nancy no longer playing football, and most of the regents realizing how stupid they were, this helps even more. If Tech wins 6 games but plays hard and does not give up, South Plains will be much happier than going 8-5 but giving up in those 5 losses.

While I agree somewhat, I don't think it is any bigger of a risk than A&M took by hiring Sumlin.

I'm mostly talking about from an experience standpoint. Sumlin is very well liked throughout Texas and has experience at some big name schools. Kliff will have to learn a lot in a short timeframe to be successful.

Very well said BlueDevil! So tired of these Aggies that are all of a sudden suggesting that since they were good this year, they have always been good and rely on ancient history to shoreup their arguements. Are they good this year, were they ok last year? Maybe even ok the year before? Yes, but they have stunk it up for a while prior to that. Not a thing to brag about. At Tech, we may not always be the best, but we know it and acknowlege it. We do not have conference championships, but our university strives to be the best in everything. We graduate alot of players (and what exactly is the purpose of college if not to graduate?)

Johnny Football needs to just sit back and chill out. When A&M wins the NC year in and year out then we will let you be so obnoxious, until then just know you look stupid with your posts.................

ok, rant over, carry on!

Go Tech, great hire in Kliff! Love him and love the excitement he is bringing to our program and our fanbase!

I look stupid with my posts? Everything I posted was 100% fact. I'm sorry that it got you all hurt. tceh has like 2 split SWC titles and a few others from whatever conference they were in prior to the SWC.

I'm not the one who brought up the last 30 years. It was that other guy. Oh, and prior to this year? A&M had a split South title in 2010. Which is ironic because that's all tceh has ever done in their history of the entire Big XII! LOL! Yeah, Fran was bad for our program, and we all know that. But even with that, and tceh's best years ever, you STILL have no Big XII titles, no national titles, no Heisman winners, etc.

techchampionships.gif

That says it all :)!

I look stupid with my posts? Everything I posted was 100% fact. I'm sorry that it got you all hurt. tceh has like 2 split SWC titles and a few others from whatever conference they were in prior to the SWC.

I'm not the one who brought up the last 30 years. It was that other guy. Oh, and prior to this year? A&M had a split South title in 2010. Which is ironic because that's all tceh has ever done in their history of the entire Big XII! LOL! Yeah, Fran was bad for our program, and we all know that. But even with that, and tceh's best years ever, you STILL have no Big XII titles, no national titles, no Heisman winners, etc.

That says it all :)!

What a very aggie post!

A new Aggie tradition has started in the SEC... Coming close, but still falling short where it matters.

Like against Bama? Like not winning a Heisman?

What are some of ETBU's traditions? Not knowing how to count to 6? Cause you've proven that you can't do that... HAHA!!

Bragging about a split divisional title and a 3rd place divisional finish. Very Aggie of you.

I can't say that I'm TOO surprised that you didn't get why I brought those things up...

Like against Bama? Like not winning a Heisman?

What are some of ETBU's traditions? Not knowing how to count to 6? Cause you've proven that you can't do that... HAHA!!

I can't say that I'm TOO surprised that you didn't get why I brought those things up...

Good one... in your mind maybe.

Like against Bama? Winning that game bumped you from 3rd in the SEC West to 3rd in the SEC West. Win or lose that game you still sealed your fate as the 3rd best in your division. Win or lose that game you still finish 5th or 6th in the SEC. Heisman? That has nothing to do with my comment.

Again, try to degrade me for what school I chose does nothing, especially when it comes to a football program i had nothing to do with. My degree still counts for as much as yours (assuming you have one).

Good one... in your mind maybe.

Like against Bama? Winning that game bumped you from 3rd in the SEC West to 3rd in the SEC West. Win or lose that game you still sealed your fate as the 3rd best in your division. Win or lose that game you still finish 5th or 6th in the SEC. Heisman? That has nothing to do with my comment.

Again, try to degrade me for what school I chose does nothing, especially when it comes to a football program i had nothing to do with. My degree still counts for as much as yours (assuming you have one).

Never assume...that he has a degree!

So what he left IDGAF BTHO everyone

I don't like playing grammar police, but your signature line is driving me crazy.

Winning is our passion, loosing is not an option

To be defeated is to fail, we do not fail

"Losing" not loosing, and that last line is bad as well.

I do and it isn't from a tier 3 school like yours!

Texas Tech is a fine institution and will be tier 1 in the next 10 years. We haven't been open as long when compared to UT and that cult school in College Station.

For the record, Tech grads are getting hired just like yours.