Josh to the Angels?

etos10

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing a done deal, Josh to the Angels. We are in trouble now! Geez what happened to JD getting something done this off season.....................Typical Rangers, everyone else gains and keep it the same............UGH

Rangers didn't even keep it the same....they lost a lot of offense. Look at it this way, after this season we will know if Wash is really worth his salt.

If Hamilton was worried about the microscope in Arlington, I can't wait to see how he handles LA. Still, I wish him the best, except when he is facing the Astros.

As for the Rangers, I wouldn't be too worried. They have a lot of talent in the minors. While unproven, I think some of those kids will pleasantly surprise some of ya'll. The Rangers needed to get younger anyways in a few positions...

At least we know how to pitch him......................If I were him I wouldn't swing at one pitch and get on for the power. This might be REAL bad news :mellow:

low and inside. then pitch him low and inside, and one more low and inside. go sit now Josh........... :rolleyes:

well he was good for us most of the time while he was here and for that i'm grateful. i wasn't in on the negotiations so i have no clue if we got to counter or not. we made an offer and i guess he liked the angels' offer better. i hate that he went to our rival in our division and i expect him to get booed when he comes back to texas. its not like he got traded there, he chose to go there and he knows how everyone hates the angels. i can't pull for him anymore. he gets what he gets.

well he was good for us most of the time while he was here and for that i'm grateful. i wasn't in on the negotiations so i have no clue if we got to counter or not. we made an offer and i guess he liked the angels' offer better. i hate that he went to our rival in our division and i expect him to get booed when he comes back to texas. its not like he got traded there, he chose to go there and he knows how everyone hates the angels. i can't pull for him anymore. he gets what he gets.

they did not give the Rangers the opportunity to counter. one more strike against him and his loyalty to those who gave him the chance to continue playing.....................

One report said that Hamilton's team didn't give the Rangers a chance to counter. Took the money and left. No loyalty whatsover. John Daniels said Good Luuck but was dissappointed about the way it all went down.

Maybe see how you (JD) treated #10 for the last 3 years and now you know!!!!!!! JD could have handled Young better and been honest up front. That is the thing that made MY so mad. Now he wants to cry cuz Josh didn't call him back........what comes around goes around!!!!

9780312322984.jpg

Report one reporting

they did not give the Rangers the opportunity to counter. one more strike against him and his loyalty to those who gave him the chance to continue playing.....................

Amen. Josh did not want to be in Texas any more. You could tell, hell look at the effort he gave the last month of the season.

low and inside. then pitch him low and inside, and one more low and inside. go sit now Josh........... :rolleyes:

I think you mean low and away...you go low and in with him, and somebody gets a souvenir.

Still have to wrap my head around this shock...don't know just what to think yet.

So in summary.....the Rangers lost their starting catcher, starting DH, starting center fielder (who was also their best hitter), their best set-up man, and half of the rest of their bullpen all in one off season?

Hey, look at the bright side!! We signed a new bullpen catcher!

misc-you-dont-say.png

Lol, but seriously we are. And by every other team if JD and company dont make some moves. Maybe we can get rid of Ian and Elvis too? Maybe Beltre and Cruz.... hell why don't we have a fire sale??!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to trade away Cruz to be honest. He has been great for us, but I get a sense he is on the decline.

As far as Josh goes, Nolan told him that he wasn't going to wait for him. Nolan also brought up some issues he had with Josh to the media. Those kind of things, I would imagine, don't sit well with Josh.

It feels as if the Angels are trying to sign every player on the Rangers that kicked their butt the past 3 years. Let them go, but we need to recover at least some offense and some pitching.