Josh to the Angels?

etos10

I think Young leaving was best for both sides. It's no secret that Young is getting older and his skills are diminishing. Not saying every year will be like last year, but I think his best days are behind him. Instead of continuing to play Young and make the good young players sit and wait, the Rangers were able to trade Young. Now the young players will get their chance, and Young will have the opportunity to continue being an everyday player. Losing his leadership will be big, but he was going to step down eventually and somebody was going to have to step up. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Gentry or Andrus pick up where he left off...

As a fan, I know it stinks, but long-term, this is a good move for both sides. I'm sure when it is time for Young to retire, the Rangers will reach out and do a one-year contract like many teams do for franchise players that leave via trade for free agency.

Now, the Rangers get a chance to see their young players step in and play with their primes ahead of them. Houston rode Biggio, Bagwell, and Ausumus till they couldn't play anymore and their farm system aged and became worthless. The Rangers are bringing in these young players now, instead of letting them use their best years in the farm system.

I DO think you are right!! The only problem I have is some of Ranger fans have nothing good to say about Mr. Ranger as he leaves. Just like JD is gutless and now cries because his boy did him wrong by not calling him to get in an offer as the Angels did is sick!!!!!!!!!

This is my opinion-- people that trash #10 - never mind it aint worth it

homer_funny.gif

#10 was A GREAT RANGER- He did as much as anyone eles last year- everyone except Beltre had a bad year. To make fun or trash Young.....well people need to think about it.......well I guess that might be the reason...........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you can criticize Mike as much as you want, but when you start describing him ("sorry butt") like you did, that nears the despicable. All he gave, all he did, all he accomplished, all whom he mentored...

You should probably think terms over a little more before you start typing.

Wake up bro! Sports is a "what have you done lately" profession and MY lately hasn't produced. This is why casual fans don't watch baseball anymore, it's because baseball is too loyal to old guys and you can't see young guys play until they're old. Nobody but baseball purist care what MY has done in the past! All casual fans see is him hitting into DPs every other AB. And guess what brother baseball purists don't sell out stadiums! Look at the ballpark the last few years...a bunch of bandwagon fans! You may be a die hard and not care for the bandwagon fan but Nolan and JD do care because they are buying tickets and merchandise!

Wake up bro! Sports is a "what have you done lately" profession and MY lately hasn't produced. This is why casual fans don't watch baseball anymore, it's because baseball is too loyal to old guys and you can't see young guys play until they're old. Nobody but baseball purist care what MY has done in the past! All casual fans see is him hitting into DPs every other AB. And guess what brother baseball purists don't sell out stadiums! Look at the ballpark the last few years...a bunch of bandwagon fans! You may be a die hard and not care for the bandwagon fan but Nolan and JD do care because they are buying tickets and merchandise!

First you say casual fans don't watch baseball because it is to loyal to old guys, but then they- casual fans AKA bandwagon fans sell out games and buy merchandise............?

What are you trying to say here...........are you a Cub fan? Do you like to see people come and go as do the seasons? Are you calling yourself a bandwagon fan? I know of a few- just check a few posts higer!

I will take this young die hard baseball purists over anyone!!!!

- if you ever clapped and cheer for #10- need to watch

Point taken. Sad commentary on society.

First you say casual fans don't watch baseball because it is to loyal to old guys, but then they- casual fans AKA bandwagon fans sell out games and buy merchandise............?

What are you trying to say here...........are you a Cub fan? Do you like to see people come and go as do the seasons? Are you calling yourself a bandwagon fan? I know of a few- just check a few posts higer!

I will take this young die hard baseball purists over anyone!!!!

I'm actually a Braves fan but living in Texas I go to many Ranger games. Fact is MY wasn't producing and Wash wasn't going to sit him for Profar or Olt.

If you don't think we live in a results now world and have been living in one go look at how Emmitt Smith finished his career.

I'm actually a Braves fan but living in Texas I go to many Ranger games. Fact is MY wasn't producing and Wash wasn't going to sit him for Profar or Olt.

If you don't think we live in a results now world and have been living in one go look at how Emmitt Smith finished his career.

If anybody needed to sit the last month.........Josh-Cruz-Ian-Mitch-Nap-even Murph fell at the last three weeks.

Im glad Young didn't sit for Progar or Olt the last month and half. Young did have a good end when those two were brought up. Heck you can say with out Beltre and Young the last month with the pitching we would have been out of the race by 10 games!!!!!!!

I did understand your post -didn't mean to make it personal or question your fan hood...... just don't like the fact that one of the - if not THE keystone of the Rangers winning the last three years and having great times being a RANGER fan is being spit on- on his way out of the clubhouse for the last time. The Braves are a CLASS club- and I know that they would never treat Chipper that way. They would treat him with respect for what he has meant to that team.

As a fan, I find myself turning into the "What have you done for me lately" because the players are turning into " How much can you pay me".... It's about money now, not loyalty, on both sides.

Not every player is like that, but yes with players knowing that teams are signing billion dollar tv deals- it's hard not wanting a piece of the pie!

Young was mad that JD did not talk with him about his plans before coming out with it on tv. He heard from the news instead of JD- that is not the way you run a business. Period and now he is mad that hambone did not give him the time of day. Now that is funny

So in summary.....the Rangers lost their starting catcher, starting DH, starting center fielder (who was also their best hitter), their best set-up man, and half of the rest of their bullpen all in one off season?

Hey, look at the bright side!! We signed a new bullpen catcher!

Looks like Rangers may be coming a top line Farm club. Could they put Washington into a package and get any thing?

He was on the Dan Patrick Show today and had some interesting comments. He admitted that he didn't give Texas a chance to respond. His reasoning was that the Rangers had the first opportunity and let it pass by. Didn't seem to have any remorse about the move and admitted he didn't have any second thoughts about it.

A great talent....but, well, his eyes are blue, he has this sinus infection, he has a stomach virus, he might not wanna play tomorrow, etc et etc.

The Rangers made the right move here. He will tear it up for awhile in California, then he will coast & ride the pine for awhile. Thank goodness the Rangers came to their senses before they hired his father-in-law to babysit him

I understand the support he needs being a drug and alcohol abuser......but the Rangers have bent over backwards for him and that is the respect he has shown..............WOW!

The Rangers would have signed him as the season begun if he wouldnt have relap. So for the Ranges not "going first" is a cop out and mark on him ever being a great Ranger!

I think he will have a great first season with LA, just to try to prove the "haters" wrong. Then after that we will see the same ol' Josh.

Funny thing is, his body can withstand tons of Jack Daniels bottles and crack needles. But a little caffeine makes him miss 5 games during a VERY important road trip. Oh well, I wont miss him.

We still need to go after Bourn!!!!

• 2 years later...

If Hamilton was worried about the microscope in Arlington, I can't wait to see how he handles LA. Still, I wish him the best, except when he is facing the Astros.

As for the Rangers, I wouldn't be too worried. They have a lot of talent in the minors. While unproven, I think some of those kids will pleasantly surprise some of ya'll. The Rangers needed to get younger anyways in a few positions...

It looks like it turned into a train wreck : http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/02/26/josh-hamilton-los-angeles-angels-relapse-cocaine?xid=aol_home&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D620979 .