Navasota vs Gilmer i

player73

1355628834[/url]' post='1848499']

I've watched every Gilmer game this year, and to call this group Overachievers would be an understatement. Especially if you had seen them early in the year. During the Jacksonville game, I was pretty sure this team wouldn't make the playoffs. They couldn't block anyone, and their offense was going nowhere. But somehow they won that game. Then they opened district against Gladewater, and I wondered (about half way through the game)if we were even going to win our first district game. But somehow they won that game. But the team playing now is just a totally different football team. Here are the reasons why (at least some of them, and in my opinion):

1) The development of Kris Boyd. He has given Gilmer a take it to the house running back. He is fast, has good vision, and is a threat to go all the way on any play. Defenses have to game plan for him, and it's freed up Josh Walker to play more on Defense (where he is dominant).

2) The maturing of the Offensive line. This has without a doubt been the most important and biggest area of growth in this football team. The O line has improved tremendously, and Gilmer's coaching staff and players have done a great job at getting better.

3) Tanner Barr. These last few weeks, I've seen him look at his primary, see that he's covered, pull it down, move around, and find his secondary receiver. That is unbelievable growth over the course of a year. He is a threat to run and pass, and he is a leader on that team.

4) Slade Morris, Patric Finch, Jaidon Parrish. At the beginning of the season, we thought we had 3 receivers: Trey Washington, Devonderick Dixon, and Chase Tate. Turns out we have six.

5) Secondary improvement. Having Bowman and Washington as safeties has been huge. The senior leadership they provide to this team is great, and they are coaches on the field for our interchanging cornerbacks.

6) Josh Walker stepping into a role as a leader as well as a great player. A&M has a great player coming to them in 2 years.

So this team that always had potential but was young, inexperienced, and a huge question mark has now jelled into something incredibly special. And I think they will find a way to take that one more step.

Go Buckeyes.

Offensive line names:

Jackson McQueen,Dylan Adkinsonn,Dillon Sampson,Brady English,Mitch Lange

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched every Gilmer game this year, and to call this group Overachievers would be an understatement. Especially if you had seen them early in the year. During the Jacksonville game, I was pretty sure this team wouldn't make the playoffs. They couldn't block anyone, and their offense was going nowhere. But somehow they won that game. Then they opened district against Gladewater, and I wondered (about half way through the game)if we were even going to win our first district game. But somehow they won that game. But the team playing now is just a totally different football team. Here are the reasons why (at least some of them, and in my opinion):

1) The development of Kris Boyd. He has given Gilmer a take it to the house running back. He is fast, has good vision, and is a threat to go all the way on any play. Defenses have to game plan for him, and it's freed up Josh Walker to play more on Defense (where he is dominant).

2) The maturing of the Offensive line. This has without a doubt been the most important and biggest area of growth in this football team. The O line has improved tremendously, and Gilmer's coaching staff and players have done a great job at getting better.

3) Tanner Barr. These last few weeks, I've seen him look at his primary, see that he's covered, pull it down, move around, and find his secondary receiver. That is unbelievable growth over the course of a year. He is a threat to run and pass, and he is a leader on that team.

4) Slade Morris, Patric Finch, Jaidon Parrish. At the beginning of the season, we thought we had 3 receivers: Trey Washington, Devonderick Dixon, and Chase Tate. Turns out we have six.

5) Secondary improvement. Having Bowman and Washington as safeties has been huge. The senior leadership they provide to this team is great, and they are coaches on the field for our interchanging cornerbacks.

6) Josh Walker stepping into a role as a leader as well as a great player. A&M has a great player coming to them in 2 years.

So this team that always had potential but was young, inexperienced, and a huge question mark has now jelled into something incredibly special. And I think they will find a way to take that one more step.

Go Buckeyes.

Boom,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Hey man,, I always love your posts. You do a great job of covering the Buckeyes, from an analytical point of view,,, and I guess I add the "emotional" part of the team. Ever think of team writing? LOL

I think you were spot on in your thoughts here for sure,,, two of the things you mentioned really stand out in my mind. First and foremost, is the play of our offensive line. Being honest here,,,through the first four or five games,, they just weren't very good. Or at least they weren't showing it. But this just proves the worth, and talent of Kurt Traylor. He has molded them into something totally different than they were early.

That brings me to Tanner Barr. Tanner has just gotten better and better as the 2nd half of the year has progressed. A huge chunk of that improvement is the offensive line giving him more time to "find" that 2nd or 3rd reciever. Early on,, if the first guy was shut down,, Tanner was having to run for his life. Now that he's been having more time,, he's finding the guys open,,, and his passes have been more accurate. He's really improved in both of those aspects,,, and the O-line has been the single biggest part of that. Which just proves that Tanner was a much better quarterback earlier in the year,, than he was able to show.

When you add Kris to the mix midway as the line improved,, it added a totally new dimension to our game. And the team has just gotten better each week. At this point,, we're playing the best football of the season. Peaking at the right time as they say. And I've seen all the film of Navasota as well,,, and yes,, they are one beast of a team. But this bunch of kids from Gilmer doesn't know how to say die. So I'm gonna keep believing that we will somehow find a way to win Friday afternoon.

Boom,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Hey man,, I always love your posts. You do a great job of covering the Buckeyes, from an analytical point of view,,, and I guess I add the "emotional" part of the team. Ever think of team writing? LOL

I think you were spot on in your thoughts here for sure,,, two of the things you mentioned really stand out in my mind. First and foremost, is the play of our offensive line. Being honest here,,,through the first four or five games,, they just weren't very good. Or at least they weren't showing it. But this just proves the worth, and talent of Kurt Traylor. He has molded them into something totally different than they were early.

That brings me to Tanner Barr. Tanner has just gotten better and better as the 2nd half of the year has progressed. A huge chunk of that improvement is the offensive line giving him more time to "find" that 2nd or 3rd reciever. Early on,, if the first guy was shut down,, Tanner was having to run for his life. Now that he's been having more time,, he's finding the guys open,,, and his passes have been more accurate. He's really improved in both of those aspects,,, and the O-line has been the single biggest part of that. Which just proves that Tanner was a much better quarterback earlier in the year,, than he was able to show.

When you add Kris to the mix midway as the line improved,, it added a totally new dimension to our game. And the team has just gotten better each week. At this point,, we're playing the best football of the season. Peaking at the right time as they say. And I've seen all the film of Navasota as well,,, and yes,, they are one beast of a team. But this bunch of kids from Gilmer doesn't know how to say die. So I'm gonna keep believing that we will somehow find a way to win Friday afternoon.

Where can I find this film? All I've been able to find are highlights. I'd love to see an entire game.

Is Gilmer home or visitor? Tigers are home against Cameron. Asking so if we need to move over to the other side of the stadium after our game to support the Buckeyes..

Navasota, is the type team Gilmer is accustomed to playing, a good fast football team, but Gilmer has already played some really good football teams and some great athletes, Atlanta's Corian Webster, is probably a top ten runningback, Kilgore that i still beleive has the best and fastest D in 3A, and I think the Ville would agree, and I beleive if they had not turned the ball over twice, could be ordering rings right now! Henderson, very strong D, and in my opinion the best offensive player, and all around athlete, most definitely in 3A and pound for pound, the best athelete in the state! Argyle the machine, i think this is the game, we knew we were really good on offense, because Argyle's D is nothing to sneeze at, Graham the quick strike offense, held to 7 pts!, so us just getting this far, has been just an awesome ride! JT and crew, have absolutely, without the shadow of a doubt, proven they are one of the best coaching staffs in Texas, to quide this young team, as far as they have, and you can bet, they will orchestrate the master plan, that will leave Navasota, scratching their heads, and asking theirselves, "What just happened"?

Where can I find this film? All I've been able to find are highlights. I'd love to see an entire game.

That's all I've been able to find as well Bob,,, on YouTube. I've seen the highlights of about five of their games. Of course,, they "are highlights",,, so naturally they didn't show any of their worst plays. But they do look awesome in the highlights. lol Especially the LaMarque game. They made a perrinnial powerhouse in 4-A look like an average 3-A team.

Hey man,, thanks for those highlights. The only highlights I had seen was the ones Navasota had put together of their games. This one, was done by the folks at La Marque. And I have to say,, the game looked a whole lot better for LM when you saw some of their highlights as well. This one,, was longer,, and showed a lot more of the game. In Nav's film,, they made LM look kinda pitiful, and only showed "their own" great plays,,, but in reality,,, the game was a whole lot closer than I thought by watching Nav's footage.

After watching this film,,, Navasota is lucky they won this game. LM snapped two punts over the punters head,, one resulted in Nav getting the ball on about LM's 30 - 40 yeard line,, the other was in LM's endzone resulting in a Nav touchdown. Nav also intercepted a pass that the La Marque QB should never have thrown,, and recovered another fumble when LM was driving. What this film showed me is that Navasota, has a few weeknesses. Their QB is an awesome passer,, and it seems they throw more than they run for sure. He didn't appear to be as good a runner as he is a passer. #2, and #12 McGinty, WR's are both fantastic athletes,,,Monsta Browns if you will, and their RB isn't bad either. But their defense has holes that can be exploited.

Gilmer can beat this team, if we play like we did last week, or against Henderson, Argyle and Kilgore. But with the talent on Nav's team,, we just simply can not give up the football. Mistakes will hurt us, cause Nav, will take advantage of them most of the time. This will certainly not be a team like we played last Friday. This one's loaded,, but I think they can be rattled,, (no pun intended). We just need to play Buckeye football,,, and go out there and have fun.

Hey man,, thanks for those highlights. The only highlights I had seen was the ones Navasota had put together of their games. This one, was done by the folks at La Marque. And I have to say,, the game looked a whole lot better for LM when you saw some of their highlights as well. This one,, was longer,, and showed a lot more of the game. In Nav's film,, they made LM look kinda pitiful, and only showed "their own" great plays,,, but in reality,,, the game was a whole lot closer than I thought by watching Nav's footage.

After watching this film,,, Navasota is lucky they won this game. LM snapped two punts over the punters head,, one resulted in Nav getting the ball on about LM's 30 - 40 yeard line,, the other was in LM's endzone resulting in a Nav touchdown. Nav also intercepted a pass that the La Marque QB should never have thrown,, and recovered another fumble when LM was driving. What this film showed me is that Navasota, has a few weeknesses. Their QB is an awesome passer,, and it seems they throw more than they run for sure. He didn't appear to be as good a runner as he is a passer. #2, and #12 McGinty, WR's are both fantastic athletes,,,Monsta Browns if you will, and their RB isn't bad either. But their defense has holes that can be exploited.

Gilmer can beat this team, if we play like we did last week, or against Henderson, Argyle and Kilgore. But with the talent on Nav's team,, we just simply can not give up the football. Mistakes will hurt us, cause Nav, will take advantage of them most of the time. This will certainly not be a team like we played last Friday. This one's loaded,, but I think they can be rattled,, (no pun intended). We just need to play Buckeye football,,, and go out there and have fun.

The Rattlers got lucky to win that game. Oh boy here we go......... plus this thread is about this game and plus Navasota's Highlight are suppose to have THIER highlights on it. It ain't a news clip. It is NAVASOTA's highlight tape........not LM's

Played football with #12's dad............a stud, probally one of the hardest hitters ever. that team in '84 was the best D i have ever seen, played with (even college), or coached.

Gilmer is down, can you hear me ........Gilmer is done they got their last win last week ...NAVASOTA IS GOING TO DESTROY GILMER LIKE A FAT HUNGRY KID DESTROYS A CAKE

my name is Ty and I approve this message

good season gilmer but you have NOT played anybody that had any competition and speed and talent like Navasota has

your year is over BYE BYE

Biaotch please....East Bernard = Joke hahahaha

Gilmer is down, can you hear me ........Gilmer is done they got their last win last week ...NAVASOTA IS GOING TO DESTROY GILMER LIKE A FAT HUNGRY KID DESTROYS A CAKE

good season gilmer but you have NOT played anybody that had any competition and speed and talent like Navasota has

Who forgot to lock the door and let you out ???????

The last time I farted, it made more sense than what you just typed.

The Rattlers got lucky to win that game. Oh boy here we go......... plus this thread is about this game and plus Navasota's Highlight are suppose to have THIER highlights on it. It ain't a news clip. It is NAVASOTA's highlight tape........not LM's

Played football with #12's dad............a stud, probally one of the hardest hitters ever. that team in '84 was the best D i have ever seen, played with (even college), or coached.

I don't think anywhere in my post, did I say that Navasota wasn't any good. I've been touting them as the "class of 3-A" for the last 7 or 8 weeks. And here you are in the finals with us. 7 or 8 weeks ago,,, "I personally" would never have thought Gilmer would be in the finals. But here we are. And you guys can think what you wish. The Buckeyes have become a very darn good football team. Will we beat Navasota????? Who knows,,, but I promise you that we will play the Rattlers for 48 minutes and never quit. And I honestly hope Navasota keeps up the bragadocio stuff. I hope they come out on the field, struttin' and acting all cocky,, because that is exactly the thing that Gilmer likes to beat the most. We know,,,, trust me, that the Rattlers are a great high school football team. And we also know what kind of game Gilmer will have to play to beat them. But we're capable,,, and don't let it shock you too bad if it happens. Just the fact that we're here with the chance to play in the Championship game blows my skirt up,, I'm tickled to death to be there. And win or lose,,,,,we've had a blast following them to the big dance. If the Rattlers win,, trust me, they will know they've been in a game. But the Buckeyes won't be in awe of you,, and won't be afraid of you just because you've been #1 all year long. What will matter is who is #1 after Friday afternoon. If it's Navasota, we'll congratulate you. If it's us,, we won't be surprised.

And daydreamer,,,,,,, kid, go back and crawl into the hole you crawled out of. East St. Bernard would get your clock cleaned by 50 or more by either Gilmer "or" Navasota. I know you're trying to act all tuff, and cocky,,, we get it. You're just lookin' like a kid,,,, so ,,,, it ain't workin.'

Gilmer is down, can you hear me<---LOL. Didn't we hear this same song and dance last week? I see you're coming back for more crow. ........Gilmer is done they got their last win last week<---And the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that...etc, etc. ...NAVASOTA IS GOING TO DESTROY GILMER LIKE A FAT HUNGRY KID DESTROYS A CAKE<---LOL. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make it through the night.

good season gilmer but you have NOT played anybody that had any competition and speed and talent like Navasota has<---LOL. Now I wonder how many times we've heard THAT this season.

your year is over BYE BYE<---You're right, our season is over on December 22, 2012 as the Class 3A Division 2 state champions. Thanks for noticing.

Gilmer is down, can you hear me<---LOL. Didn't we hear this same song and dance last week? I see you're coming back for more crow. ........Gilmer is done they got their last win last week<---And the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that...etc, etc. ...NAVASOTA IS GOING TO DESTROY GILMER LIKE A FAT HUNGRY KID DESTROYS A CAKE<---LOL. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make it through the night.

good season gilmer but you have NOT played anybody that had any competition and speed and talent like Navasota has<---LOL. Now I wonder how many times we've heard THAT this season.

your year is over BYE BYE<---You're right, our season is over on December 22, 2012 as the Class 3A Division 2 state champions. Thanks for noticing.

daydreamer is gone he has left the country and has no computer where he is at, and may not see one for 5 years LOL