Navasota vs Gilmer i

player73

LOL. Yep, we've heard that one before. However, the ONLY one who has been able to pull that off was Prestonwood.

I seem to remember hearing the same thing in 2009. How did that work out for Navasota?

From what I remember, Gilmer was ranked #1. I do recall predictions that had Gilmer winning in a blowout... So, You are incorrect.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet it ain't better than LaFinca! rolleyes.gif

I don't remember which diner it was but it was in 1985 I think when I was there. It was one of those small mom n pop diners that everybody gathered at to shoot the bull and they served country food i think. It was good though and it was along the highway in Navasota if I remember. I used to pass through Navasota often on my way to cattle shows. my dad is a well know cattleman in TX we used to go to shows all over the nation and Canada too. I think we were on our way to show in Brenham that day. I don't go through Nava as often these days whatever team wins, it'll be a good game

Look, I ain't from no Navasota I only passed thru there a few times and ate at a diner there. Had a good chorizo and egg burrito there. I'm just sayin' Navasota is the real deal this year and they llok like they r gonna beat the Girlmer Butteyes

Hey Rottie,, I got somethin' for ya: fart1_zps3e4b67b5.png Hey, but that's ok, I'll still be there early to cheer on your Tiggers. Hope they win "in spite" of you. LOLOL

From what I remember, Gilmer was ranked #1. I do recall predictions that had Gilmer winning in a blowout... So, You are incorrect.

The same thing is happening this time, only in reverse. Most Buckeye fans knew that game wasn't going to be an easy one. What is your honest opinion in this matchup? Do you think Navasota will have much trouble with a small, slow, and weak Gilmer team?

Texas H.S. Football State Championship Weekend:

Thursday, December 20th:

Class 1-A, Division II Championship:

12:00pm (14-0) Munday vs. (10-4) Tenaha (Munday)

Class 1-A, Division I Championship:

4:00pm (13-1) Stamford vs. (12-2) Mart (Mart)

Class 2-A, Division II Championship:

8:00pm (13-1) Corsicana Mildred vs. (14-0) East Bernard (EB)

Friday, December 21st:

Class 2-A, Division I Championship:

12:00pm (12-3) Daingerfield vs. (14-0) Cameron Yoe (Daingerfield)

Class 3-A, Division II Championship:

4:00pm (14-1) Gilmer vs. (15-0) Navasota (Gilmer)

Class 4-A, Division II Championship:

(14-1) Lancaster vs. (13-2) Cedar Park ( Cedar Park)

Saturday, December 22nd:

Class 4-A, Division I:

12:00pm (13-2) Denton Guyer vs. (15-0) Georgetown (Georgetown)

Class 5-A, Division II Championship:

4:00pm (11-4) Cedar Hill vs. (15-0) Katy (Katy)

Class 5-A, Division I Championship:

(14-1) Allen vs. (15-0) Houston Lamar (Allen)

Look, I ain't from no Navasota

Ahh, so you must be from a school that Gilmer has dominated lately. It's okay, you can tell us.

I only passed thru there a few times and ate at a diner there. Had a good chorizo and egg burrito there.

I'm just sayin' Navasota is the real deal this year

Based on what? Winning a district that didn't have a pulse this year? name one team that Navasota played in district that would have made it out of 16-3A.

and they llok like they r gonna beat the Girlmer Butteyes

I'm glad you think that. Unfortunately, we've heard that so many times already this season and the only one to do it was Prestonwood. Like I stated a couple of pages ago, Gilmer has played the stronger schedule from top to bottom. Navasota is going to be in serious trouble, just like in 2009. But unlike the 2009 team, THIS Gilmer Buckeye team can run and pass. Ask Navasota about Stump Godfrey in 2009. We now have Chris Boyd AND Josh Walker just to name a few. But don't take my word for it, ask Argyle, ask Graham, ask Kilgore, ask Henderson. Heck, what am I sayin. Ask Navasota as soon as the game is over....they'll tell ya.

From what others have told Navasota all season, "Ya'll are in for a Very Rude Awakening." Put that down on paper. Remember it.. Or whatever it takes for it to sink in your head. We have heard the same thing since the start of the playoffs with China Spring- "Navasota played in a weak district, I don't think they are good as they think." Jasper, "We played WOS and Carthage close, Navasota played in a weak district." La Marque- Well, lets just say there was a lot going on online before that game. WOS- "We have the #1 defense... Ya'll haven't faced a good team like ya'll will see when Ya'll play us....

In reference to that 2009 win, congrats... You were lucky to get out of that game with the W. That 2009 team was supposed to have been our "down" year. So, again, congrats.

And, trying to compare Navasota to Argyle, Graham, Kilgore, and Henderson is like trying to compare 2009 to 2012... On Friday, you will see exacly what the rest of the state has seen..

yeah, Gilmer has a lot of depth. They have an awful lot of small linemen that are gonna get bullied around by the beasts of Navasota Gilmer is not gonna be able to execute properly when their line gets caved in and penetrated. You guys are just like Atlanta. Always taking advantage of your depth by pushing around smaller 3A schools

My friend make sure not MIA, after friday, cause those itty bitty Dlineman, are about to have a field day with them big ole boys! The Rattlers OLine, in 09 were huge and touted as the best in state, and I see nothing on your line that even resemble's those big ole Behemeths, and we ate them for lunch, with our itty bitty Dline, this years Buckeye Dline is faster, and the Nose tackle will be in your backfield all night, with your center on his butt! Dont forget to be here Sat. morning!

My friend make sure not MIA, after friday, cause those itty bitty Dlineman, are about to have a field day with them big ole boys! The Rattlers OLine, in 09 were huge and touted as the best in state, and I see nothing on your line that even resemble's those big ole Behemeths, and we ate them for lunch, with our itty bitty Dline, this years Buckeye Dline is faster, and the Nose tackle will be in your backfield all night, with your center on his butt! Dont forget to be here Sat. morning!

Hellooooo Gilmer, it's now 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what others have told Navasota all season, "Ya'll are in for a Very Rude Awakening." Put that down on paper. Remember it.. Or whatever it takes for it to sink in your head. We have heard the same thing since the start of the playoffs with China Spring- "Navasota played in a weak district, I don't think they are good as they think." Jasper, "We played WOS and Carthage close, Navasota played in a weak district." La Marque- Well, lets just say there was a lot going on online before that game. WOS- "We have the #1 defense... Ya'll haven't faced a good team like ya'll will see when Ya'll play us....

In reference to that 2009 win, congrats... You were lucky to get out of that game with the W. That 2009 team was supposed to have been our "down" year. So, again, congrats.

And, trying to compare Navasota to Argyle, Graham, Kilgore, and Henderson is like trying to compare 2009 to 2012... On Friday, you will see exacly what the rest of the state has seen..

You might wanna call some of your Nava buddies over here cuz it seems that the Gilmer boys are ganging up on the Rattlers here

Wow! Do you think we should even bother to show up? Basically, it sounds like Gilmer has absolutely NO CHANCE at beating the mighty Navasota. Suffice it to say, BOTH teams have heard the same thing over and over throughout the season, yet look where both teams are. We've beaten some good teams to get here, and so did Navasota. The best two teams in D2 are still standing. Only ONE will be crowned state champions when it's all said and done. Just saying............I think we will show up anyway, lol.

Wow! Do you think we should even bother to show up? Basically, it sounds like Gilmer has absolutely NO CHANCE at beating the mighty Navasota. Suffice it to say, BOTH teams have heard the same thing over and over throughout the season, yet look where both teams are. We've beaten some good teams to get here, and so did Navasota. The best two teams in D2 are still standing. Only ONE will be crowned state champions when it's all said and done. Just saying............I think we will show up anyway, lol.

Everyone has an opinion. You guys think that Gilmer will win and we think that Navasota will win... To top it off, neautral parties believe that Navasota is the better team.

Of course you should show up... Anything can and will happen.. But, don't get so bent when someone picks against the Mighty Buckeyes.

Dfield win or lose Im hanging around to watch this one. Has the potential to be an Instant Classic.

Good Luck Bux

Gilmer 35

NehiSoda 31

LoL

Holy Samoly,,, you're still alive. Where the heck have you been SL1KK ?? Missed seeing you on here for a couple of years now. Let me wish your Tigers the best of luck Friday too. We'll be there for at least the second half,, maybe as early as the second quarter. Bring another one back for East Texas man. Good to see you back.

Everyone has an opinion. You guys think that Gilmer will win and we think that Navasota will win... To top it off, neautral parties believe that Navasota is the better team.

Of course you should show up... Anything can and will happen.. But, don't get so bent when someone pick against the Mighty Buckeyes.

You're right. Everyone has their opinion, and I definitely don't get "bent out of shape" when theirs doesn't jibe with mine. As for the "neutral" parties, it seems that those are split a little closer to center from what I've seen. Navasota is definitely the favorite, but those people fortunate enough to have seen both play say it should be a good 'un, with some saying Gilmer will win. I'll take their word for it. I'm not being a homer when I say that I think Gilmer will win. Realistically speaking, Gilmer will have to execute, limit mistakes, and create mistakes to win. I trust our coaches to have a game plan in place that will allow just that to happen. This particular Buckeye team has gotten better and better as the season has progressed, and what has happened over the course of the season has seasoned this young team to the point they have a legitimate shot at the ultimate prize. I know that Navasota wants it just as bad as the Buckeyes, but we've been here before and know what to expect. We'll just have to see who is the better team. It could be Navasota, then again, it could be the Buckeyes.... :)

Hellooooo Gilmer, it's now 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, again, if you read the post fully, I say THIS YEARS, DLINE, IS FASTER..or do I need to point that out to you! Seriously I think you Rattlers think, this is our first Rodeo! We KNOOOOWWWWW what kind of team you have! So nothing intimadates us, if you beat us your going to earn it, every inch! You have a very good QB, Baker is a playmaker, and we know that, our itty bitty playmakers on D, are going to be after him, not for one quarter, but all 4, till the clock ticks ZERO!

Well, again, if you read the post fully, I say THIS YEARS, DLINE, IS FASTER..or do I need to point that out to you! Seriously I think you Rattlers think, this is our first Rodeo! We KNOOOOWWWWW what kind of team you have! So nothing intimadates us, if you beat us your going to earn it, every inch! You have a very good QB, Baker is a playmaker, and we know that, our itty bitty playmakers on D, are going to be after him, not for one quarter, but all 4, till the clock ticks ZERO!

Please don't be intimidated......