Navasota vs Gilmer i

player73

i see you guys putting these llong long posts on here (AOB) and i marval at your vocabullary and spell check whick i have not mastered....i will get away from football a little and tell you a story ......i hope not to ofend any body and am not always politickcorrect....years ago me and the old lady would take our little kids on a vacation maby to corpus or galvestion....while travling the kids would ask me all kinds of question and i would try to answer.....one little nice town we went thru the kids akk me how to pronounce that name....so i told them this story about that nice little town

once upon a time way back ther was a indian tribe in new mexico called the navvahoes and another tribe in missaississippi caled the coca cola indians.....some where along the line the son of the cheif of the navahos met the dauther of the cheif of the coca-colas and they fell "in luv".....but the cheifs did not want them to get married and forbade it.....well since they were "in luv" they went against their tribe wishes and got married anyway....well the tribes banded them .....but they were "in luv" so they settelled about haltway and started a tradeing post to make a living....people traveling thru liked the little place and more and more people settled there.....they wanted to get a post office but needed a name for the nice little place.....so they took the names of there tribes and messhed them togrther and called that town....NAVASOTA....after navahos and the coca-cola indians

my kids believed that for years

back to football.......BLOW OUT.......35-21....BUCKS :rolleyes: :unsure: :lol:

And all this time you've made out like you can't tell a story. LOL Great one Jackpots,,,I think you may be onto something there. Sounded plausible to me. LOL

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see you guys putting these llong long posts on here (AOB) and i marval at your vocabullary and spell check whick i have not mastered....i will get away from football a little and tell you a story ......i hope not to ofend any body and am not always politickcorrect....years ago me and the old lady would take our little kids on a vacation maby to corpus or galvestion....while travling the kids would ask me all kinds of question and i would try to answer.....one little nice town we went thru the kids akk me how to pronounce that name....so i told them this story about that nice little town

once upon a time way back ther was a indian tribe in new mexico called the navvahoes and another tribe in missaississippi caled the coca cola indians.....some where along the line the son of the cheif of the navahos met the dauther of the cheif of the coca-colas and they fell "in luv".....but the cheifs did not want them to get married and forbade it.....well since they were "in luv" they went against their tribe wishes and got married anyway....well the tribes banded them .....but they were "in luv" so they settelled about haltway and started a tradeing post to make a living....people traveling thru liked the little place and more and more people settled there.....they wanted to get a post office but needed a name for the nice little place.....so they took the names of there tribes and messhed them togrther and called that town....NAVASOTA....after navahos and the coca-cola indians

129007474210219149.jpg

LOL, that's some story :)

This thread is getting boring. LOL I'm ready for game time. City wide pep rally at the high school gym tonight. Should be a bit loud in there. LOL anyone know the time of it??

It starts at 6 PM.

On a sad note, I just read that Navasota's starting running back was in an accident and broke a leg. He is having surgery today. My prayers go out for this young man. That is tragic and sad, and feel sorry for the young man to have to miss the biggest game of his young life. God bless him.

It starts at 6 PM.

On a sad note, I just read that Navasota's starting running back was in an accident and broke a leg. He is having surgery today. My prayers go out for this young man. That is tragic and sad, and feel sorry for the young man to have to miss the biggest game of his young life. God bless him.

That is awful.

Prolly be my last post, till after the game, unless I have wifi, in the tiny town of Merkel, Texas, outside of Abilene, going to chase them Whitetails, but i will make the game! I'ts hard to make a call for me on this one, just so much hype, clouds the mind! In reality Navasota, should win this game, because that's what the norm is in Highschool football, senior laden and lead team, and just spanking everybody!,, buuttt, on the other hand you have the Buckeyes, peaking with that refuse to loose mentality, and Jeff Traylor,, so the for sure in this deal is, we are about to find out just how good both teams are! My gut tells me its a 7-14 pt game, and it could go either way! Good Luck to Navasota, and safe travels! Let's Go Buckeyes! Gut out the Win!

Haven't heard...........hope he is ok.

I believe his name is Xavier Creeks. He will be okay according to what I've read, and that is the most important part. The sad part, other than the obvious, is that he will have to miss the biggest game of the season. My prayers go out to this young man.

That is a shame. Seems like every year before Christmas something bad strikes. Monsta Brown was riding with his brother (SFA player)last Sat. and turned over their car three times..Monsta got a couple bones broken(hand)-lung punctured-concussion; is out of hospital.His brother had a concussion..Seat belts saved their lives I understand.........they were lucky..word is a tire blew out on the SUV.......

Guess what??? It's Thurs. and the games are underway at Jerryworld on Fox. Yippie ha cayeah!!! Today's action should get everybody's blood pumping for what's ahead this whole weekend. There just ain't nuttin' better than what we have here for high school playoff football in Texas, is there folks!!! And if the Navasodapops and Gilmerites have never had their teams at Texas Stadium yet to do battle in that arena......well y'all are in for a real treat. Put on your gamefaces and make it a special affair.....cuz tha's exactly what it is. It's like ESPN GAMEDAY all weekend long!!! Good luck to both teams. GO BUX!!!

Final

Gilmer 39

Navasota 38

Is this true about the Navasota RB Xavier Creeks? That he broke his leg? I hope no body would try to play a joke on here about a kid. If it is true, post something that we can look up that gives us the info. I really hope it isn't, and if it is I hope he will be fine and able to fully recover. I missed most my senior year with leg injuries. It su ck ed.

Is this true about the Navasota RB Xavier Creeks? That he broke his leg? I hope no body would try to play a joke on here about a kid. If it is true, post something that we can look up that gives us the info. I really hope it isn't, and if it is I hope he will be fine and able to fully recover. I missed most my senior year with leg injuries. It su ck ed.

Unfortunately, it is true. I would NEVER joke about something like that. Here's verification:

My link