Will John Tyler reload or rebuild ?

nick23dccomb

Who do we have coming back? How big will the offense line be next year?

Offense:

2 starters on O-Line (OG-Pulido, and OT-Tra Moore) But 2 other players on O-Line had starts this season as well (OG-Dustin Smith, OT-Ken Holmes) Oline should be about the same size as this yr. Also look for Teddy Attaway to be a starter next yr too. He was one of the 9 soph on varsity this yr.

3 skill players return too. Nick Cain (qb/wr) Jeremy Wilson (rb/wr) and Richard Gipson (wr/rb) Also Dyron McDuff was a jr that got time at RB. Rodney Bendy was a soph on varsity this yr. Next yr could be a break out yr for the 6-4 receiver.

Defense:

D-Line (Jassavia Reese-DE, and Tra Moore-DT were in the mix) Also, Im not sure of Jonathan Lewis grade, but I believe he is a junior this yr. He played some at NG/DT

LB-Starter Andrew Clark returns, and Darius Amie also had many starts. And Jaylon Reese was a Soph who saw some snaps as well

DB-Ike Warren was the nickel back who will probably start at corner next yr. and Greg Johnson got some time at Safety. Also starter Terry Ausborne will be back at Safety,

special teams:

I think both kickers are seniors this yr.

Next yr JT will have tons of holes to fill. Honestly the Def needs a overhaul. They will have the blocking, and some good skill guys. The key will be getting a QB in place and finding a big play receiver or two. I think with Bush calling plays, the Offense will be ok. They won't put up 50, but they should be able to get 28 points a game. JT JV went 9-1 with only loss to Mesquite Horn, and Freshman were like 4-4-1. (tied Lee). And freshman and JV have huge numbers.

Longview always reload, Gilmer Reloads, Lufkin Reloads, Dangerfield, Carthage,etc.... Hopefully JT has reached the reloading stage in the program.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense:

2 starters on O-Line (OG-Pulido, and OT-Tra Moore) But 2 other players on O-Line had starts this season as well (OG-Dustin Smith, OT-Ken Holmes) Oline should be about the same size as this yr. Also look for Teddy Attaway to be a starter next yr too. He was one of the 9 soph on varsity this yr.

3 skill players return too. Nick Cain (qb/wr) Jeremy Wilson (rb/wr) and Richard Gipson (wr/rb) Also Dyron McDuff was a jr that got time at RB. Rodney Bendy was a soph on varsity this yr. Next yr could be a break out yr for the 6-4 receiver.

Defense:

D-Line (Jassavia Reese-DE, and Tra Moore-DT were in the mix) Also, Im not sure of Jonathan Lewis grade, but I believe he is a junior this yr. He played some at NG/DT

LB-Starter Andrew Clark returns, and Darius Amie also had many starts. And Jaylon Reese was a Soph who saw some snaps as well

DB-Ike Warren was the nickel back who will probably start at corner next yr. and Greg Johnson got some time at Safety. Also starter Terry Ausborne will be back at Safety,

special teams:

Next yr JT will have tons of holes to fill. Honestly the Def needs a overhaul. They will have the blocking, and some good skill guys. The key will be getting a QB in place and finding a big play receiver or two. I think with Bush calling plays, the Offense will be ok. They won't put up 50, but they should be able to get 28 points a game. JT JV went 9-1 with only loss to Mesquite Horn, and Freshman were like 4-4-1. (tied Lee). And freshman and JV have huge numbers.

Longview always reload, Gilmer Reloads, Lufkin Reloads, Dangerfield, Carthage,etc.... Hopefully JT has reached the reloading stage in the program.

We need good size on the defensive line.

I think we will be ok next year. However,we have to get bigger on the defense. Really got push around on last Friday The secondary needs to cover and tackle better.You can have all the offense you want,but you have to admit that defense wins championships.

We need good size on the defensive line.

i think they will. The JV had some good size. But its not all about size. These guys need to get in the weight room. The last yr JT went to state in 2000,the D-line was not very big at all. But Coach Wilson was a coach that believed in being very physical. And that started in the weight room.

One positive note, there was 9 soph on varsity this yr, and the JV manage to go 9-1. That is a good sign of things to come.

i think they will. The JV had some good size. But its not all about size. These guys need to get in the weight room. The last yr JT went to state in 2000,the D-line was not very big at all. But Coach Wilson was a coach that believed in being very physical. And that started in the weight room.

One positive note, there was 9 soph on varsity this yr, and the JV manage to go 9-1. That is a good sign of things to come.

That's good to know.

Offense:

Defense:

special teams:

I have to say this is a very good post JTfan99 on JT's future. To piggy back on what you have posted, JT has finally gotten back to the stage where numbers are no longer an issue. BTW, Richard Gipson is senior. Anyway, JT might be more run heavy next year. JT will have plenty size on both sides of the ball thats for sure. The o-line will be bigger next year with the kids coming up from the JV. JT has a very formidable and deep SOPHMORE class and they will be very competitive. I deinitely see JT getting between 28 to 35 points a game. the key is getting the right QB out there and getting these kids in the weight room. JT has the pieces to be a very formidable 4A team next year, but they have to put it all together. Coach holmes will be very much like Wilson in regard to the weight room- very demanding. BTW, Reggie Gipson returns next year as well.

The freshman QB is a pocket passer standing at 6'2. Cain was a Sophomore on varsity.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he was a Cain too...

I've been hearing rumblings about that kid taking the keys to the offense next year as a sophomore.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he was a Cain too...

I've been hearing rumblings about that kid taking the keys to the offense next year as a sophomore.

He will be in the running come spring time. A pocket passer would add a different twist to the offense.

He will be in the running come spring time. A pocket passer would add a different twist to the offense.

He has a chance to develop some running ability out of the pocket over the next 2 years, but even with that being said, a stronger offensive line and a solid running game would be his best friend as he comes along.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was his job to lose.

Maybe they won't reload OR rebuild. Maybe they will crater.

That was in jest, but JT doesn't have the long history of Longview that spans decades. We really don't know what will happen there. Everybody thought we were just reloading here too, and look what has happened. You never really know

I have to say this is a very good post JTfan99 on JT's future. To piggy back on what you have posted, JT has finally gotten back to the stage where numbers are no longer an issue. BTW, Richard Gipson is senior. Anyway, JT might be more run heavy next year. JT will have plenty size on both sides of the ball thats for sure. The o-line will be bigger next year with the kids coming up from the JV. JT has a very formidable and deep SOPHMORE class and they will be very competitive. I deinitely see JT getting between 28 to 35 points a game. the key is getting the right QB out there and getting these kids in the weight room. JT has the pieces to be a very formidable 4A team next year, but they have to put it all together. Coach holmes will be very much like Wilson in regard to the weight room- very demanding. BTW, Reggie Gipson returns next year as well.

sorry, I meant Reggie Gipson. lol.....

Geovari McCollister was the JV QB. He had a pretty good season too. He may also be in the mix. Who knows. Nick Cain probably has a leg up because he has varsity experience. On a side note,Tommy Dyer had a great season at WR on JV too. Hopefully JT is reloading.

Coach never should have stated on the first day "get your ring size".......from the start, bad omen.

Not just the coach, but the Tyler Media bought into that too. I never like that. But I can also see the other side of it. JT was ranked in top 3 so I guess it was a championship or bust season. Lets see if its the same talk next yr. Just listening to Coach Holmes, I would imagine its always championship or bust with him. He is very confident.

Maybe the won't reload OR rebuild. Maybe they will crater.

That was in jest, but JT doesn't have the long history of Longview that spans decades. We really don't know what will happen there. Everybody thought we were just reloading here too, and look what has happened. You never really know

JT doesn't have the long history of Longview that spans decades. I'm confused. JT has 658 total wins and Longview has 653 total wins. Apparently JT does have the history that spans decades or else they wouldn't be tenth in all time wins.

JT doesn't have the long history of Longview that spans decades. I'm confused. JT has 658 total wins and Longview has 653 total wins. Apparently JT does have the history that spans decades or else they wouldn't be tenth in all time wins.

It wasn't a knock. Just a few years ago Texas High was handling JT when they were in 5A. I was alluding to the down years. The recent rise is similar to what we went through. Longview hasn't had the down years that JT, Texas High, and most others have gone through. They have dominated consistently for a long time.

I can promise you I wasn't diminishing JT's history.

It wasn't a knock. Just a few years ago Texas High was handling JT when they were in 5A. I was alluding to the down years. The recent rise is similar to what we went through. Longview hasn't had the down years that JT, Texas High, and most others have gone through. They have dominated consistently for a long time.

I can promise you I wasn't diminishing JT's history.

I know you were not diminishing JT's history. I was just stating the fact that JT had success before this nice run that they are having now. Five sub par years don't tell the whole story of JT's history. It on tells the story of five sub par years JT has had.

Longview hasn't had the down years that JT, Texas High, and most others have gone through. They have dominated consistently for a long time.

98/99/00 were definitely down years for Longview. Obviously no where close to as bad as John Tyler's little spurt there, but still we had one until the Cajuns came and saved us. We had just as few players if not less in the program that JT did a couple years ago. But yes, for most part, we've been consistent for the past 45 years.

Geovari McCollister was the JV QB. He had a pretty good season too. He may also be in the mix. Who knows. Nick Cain probably has a leg up because he has varsity experience. On a side note,Tommy Dyer had a great season at WR on JV too. Hopefully JT is reloading.

McCollister is a 6'2 - 6'3 kid also. He's a good runner and a fair passer. His passion is basketball which means he won't get much offseason work until spring training. Dyer was a good "got get the football" type receiver. He's not the 6'2 variety but he's got good speed.

Not just the coach, but the Tyler Media bought into that too. I never like that. But I can also see the other side of it. JT was ranked in top 3 so I guess it was a championship or bust season. Lets see if its the same talk next yr. Just listening to Coach Holmes, I would imagine its always championship or bust with him. He is very confident.

Many longtime fans have longed for Holmes' attitude and believes he has what it takes to build a champion.