Unions Slam Arming of Teachers

RETIREDFAN1

It is hard to believe that complete and total morons can gain leadership positions in teachers unions.....it is so nice to be in a right to work state and not have to worry about loons like these.....read some of their quotes and laugh right along with me.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/20/unions-slam-push-arm-teachers-guns/

The idea of arming teachers is astounding and disturbing

Disturbing, yes. Disturbing that we have to even think about arming our teachers to protect our children. It's not so much about arming them that disturbs me, but the reasons why. If a nut wants to harm people, they're going to find a way to do it. They may not kill as many as they'd like, but they're still going to kill. It doesn't matter if it's a gun free zone or not, whether it's a church, a school, a movie theater, a mall, or anywhere else.

We talk about the guns, but it's not the guns. There will always be crazies, but the crazies seem to be more "active". There's a reason for these killings, a reason they feel the need to shoot folks and then shoot themselves. Why are our children growing up and doing this? That is what is disturbing.

The thought that we have to have armed guards (which I realize a lot of schools do - which is very disturbing), at entrances to schools, churches, or metal detectors for malls, grocery stores, etc. is beyond disturbing.

Recently a man was killed in Upshur County by young people over a pittance of money. What would make a young 20-year old slit someone's throat and burn a person? Are we all supposed to go around carrying a gun to protect ourselves, and when the cops move in, no one knows who's the bad guys and who's the good guys? Why do we have to carry a gun to protect ourselves when we're out and about? It's not about the carry or not carry, it's the why...and it goes beyond protecting ourselves. Why are the crazies doing what they're doing?

I totally understand protecting one's property, but this is getting ridiculous. When guys used to carry guns in the back of their trucks, it wasn't per se for protection, it was "because"... because you might see a deer on the way home, or a snake, or some hogs, or simply because you owned 'em, you showed 'em off in the window of your truck. Truck drivers carried/carry 'em because of where they may have to stop at. Railroad guys carried 'em because you never knew who was going to be jumping out of a box car.

The crazies have become emboldened for some reason. There has been a breakdown of the family, religion, responsibility, morals and pride. With everything that is being slammed in our kids' faces these days...what will it look like in 20 years, 50 years? Or are we all locked and loaded when going grocery shopping, church, the mall, a movie theater, and most of all, standing guard at our schools protecting our children?

There will always be evil crazy people...something, though, is spurring them on. The "something" is what we have to determine and change, not the guns.

Oh they can be deadly but pale to what teachers should be carrying...the .45 ACP. Most ladies would have an issue handling that but the big ol bruiser men could probably do it. .357 mag not a bad choice either.

Don't guess I heard your story.

A coworker and I were shot on 10-11-2012 on the job (I bounce 2 bars/clubs with a low caliber pistol that carried 9mm shells). I was hit laterally through my stomach, a through and through while my coworker was hit through the forearm which the bullet stayed in and shattered the bone. I assume it was a. 380.

Google Club Melt Shooting in Lubbock, Texas.

Oh they can be deadly but pale to what teachers should be carrying...the .45 ACP. Most ladies would have an issue handling that but the big ol bruiser men could probably do it. .357 mag not a bad choice either.

Don't guess I heard your story.

Most women can't properly wield a. 45 acp

Read the story. That is unfortunate DLine. So this occurred only a couple months ago. Seems I recall you mentioning something about being shot in one of your posts some time before the incident on 10-11. Was there another time?

As far as I'm concerned clubs are not good places to be but beside the point. Is Melt a 51% establishment?

We were not shot in the club. We were fired in the alley. One of the guys went to his car and grabbed his piece and fired. All were under the age of 21 if I recalled (they entered the establishment through the main door while I worked the alley door).

What was crazy was that there was 20-40 people outside along with 3 bouncers and a DJ.

Melt I believe is 51% but we make a lot on sales due to food.

Factoids: obamas daughters go to a school with 11 armed guards. I go to church with armed guards. Over 1/3 of schools already have armed guards. Most deputies I know would jump at the chance to moonlight at a school, and do it cheap too. In high schools, you could teach an explorer or police academy elective with a armed peace officer and get two birds with one stone. Super One has armed guards. CNN reporter who ripped NRA guy sends his kids to school that has armed guards.

There were 5 guys that we were asking to leave. 1 during the fight went to his car and grabbed his gun and came back and fired. The detective on my case said they were 9mm shells so I'm thinking the gun may have been a. 380.

As far as the men exiting, they exited not of their own free will after one of them swung on our head bouncer who is 2nd in command after our head of security who I also train with.

• 2 weeks later...