Cowboys

Really Jerry? You think Rob Ryan was the problem?

He wasn't the only problem your are right.

Dallas was in the bottom 8 in rushing, rush defense, pass defense, and had the worst offensive line since a local 2A school that went 1 and 9 a few years back. Their play calling was repulsive. They also have some overpaid veterans that need to go. Go with youth. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks," ask trackguy 903 from White Oak. And Jerry needs to stay up in his suite. . :rolleyes:

They need a great QB to build the team around ... much like they did with Troy Aikman! Start there and move forward fresh and new!

Troy Aikman was the number one pick overall. Dallas hasnt had that pick in a long time. Alot of other teams have and didnt hit on their QB selections anyways. Is there a Troy Aikman in this years draft? Prolly not. Tony Romo is not Aikman but compare position by position the starters that Aikman had vs the starters Romo has and tell me who would start at any position from Romos team on Aikmans other than Dez for Harper. NOBODY!!! You can do it on defense too and only Ware is on the field for Aikmans defense. I think Dallas's problems are alot deeper than the QB.

Troy Aikman was the number one pick overall. Dallas hasnt had that pick in a long time. Alot of other teams have and didnt hit on their QB selections anyways. Is there a Troy Aikman in this years draft? Prolly not. Tony Romo is not Aikman but compare position by position the starters that Aikman had vs the starters Romo has and tell me who would start at any position from Romos team on Aikmans other than Dez for Harper. NOBODY!!! You can do it on defense too and only Ware is on the field for Aikmans defense. I think Dallas's problems are alot deeper than the QB.

I am a fan of the Cowboys and i honestly believe that no one on this team would b starting for the 90s Cowboys. Where would Ware be starting on defense in place of, Charles Haley, Ken Norton? I don't think so. that was one of the best defenses of all time. Alvin Harper is one of the best recievers the Cowboys have ever had. Dez has a lot to gain before he becomes anything like Harper.

You're crazy....Any coach would find a place for Demarcus Ware. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot. Alvin Harper was indeed a playmaker, Michael Irvin was the best receiver on that team though. Emmitt Smith, Jay Novacek,...Deion Sanders and Rocket Ismail for a while. Kelvin Martin, Moose Johnston...the team was loaded and as a whole....no, this team doesn't hold a candle to the 90's team and likely won't ever again but Demarcuse Ware would have a place on any team in the history of football at either OLB in a 3-4, or at DE in a 4-3. I suppose you wouldn't use Jason Witten or Jay Ratliff either.

You're crazy....Any coach would find a place for Demarcus Ware. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot. Alvin Harper was indeed a playmaker, Michael Irvin was the best receiver on that team though. Emmitt Smith, Jay Novacek,...Deion Sanders and Rocket Ismail for a while. Kelvin Martin, Moose Johnston...the team was loaded and as a whole....no, this team doesn't hold a candle to the 90's team and likely won't ever again but Demarcuse Ware would have a place on any team in the history of football at either OLB in a 3-4, or at DE in a 4-3. I suppose you wouldn't use Jason Witten or Jay Ratliff either.

I probably would not use Witten in that offense. because he can not block as well as novachek could. there's a reason the cowboys have one of the worst rushing attacks in the game. it begins up front. their offense could use a new leader also. there's a problem if he has been the starter since 07 and is still making the same mistakes that he made when first started. he is not ever gonna be what people want him to be. its gonna start with jerry giving up his role as gm and letting a coach come in that had the same mind set as jimmie. that is to win and don't take no #### from players or the owner. the cowboys have the potential to win as long as they have a better qb and possibly better coach. i honestly don't see where you would put ware at on that defense or any of the other great defenses.

As long as Jerry Jones or anyone in his family has ANY say so in personnel decisions players OR coaches it does not really matter what happens.

He may be a brilliant businessman but when it comes to managing the day to day operations and the product on the field and sidelines he is a joke. The Cowboys have gone from one of the top three professional sports franchises in the world to one of the most underachieving.

Just one more reason that I do not watch pro sports anymore. This guy is getting richer everyday off of his mediocre football team.

When you go through the number of coaches he has in the last twelve years the problem is obviously not the coaching but rather the person hiring the coaches and putting together the team.

i honestly don't see where you would put ware at on that defense or any of the other great defenses.

Ware is a freak of nature...if he doesn't lead in sacks, he's near the top every year. Any defensive coordinator in their right mind would find a place for him. You cound find a spot to put him somewhere on the field to produce his big #s. Haley, Norton, and Coakley were a great LB corp....Ware would have only helped.

I probably would not use Witten in that offense. because he can not block as well as novachek could. there's a reason the cowboys have one of the worst rushing attacks in the game. it begins up front. their offense could use a new leader also. there's a problem if he has been the starter since 07 and is still making the same mistakes that he made when first started. he is not ever gonna be what people want him to be. its gonna start with jerry giving up his role as gm and letting a coach come in that had the same mind set as jimmie. that is to win and don't take no #### from players or the owner. the cowboys have the potential to win as long as they have a better qb and possibly better coach. i honestly don't see where you would put ware at on that defense or any of the other great defenses.

But you see, that's the thing. If you give Romo the offensive line that Troy Aikman had in the early 90's, is he still the problem? Put Troy Aikman (in his prime) as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys from 2006-2012, does he lead the Cowboys to 3 Super Bowls? does he lead the Cowboys to 2 NFC East Titles? does the Cowboys even win a playoff game? Remember now, Aikman had the benefit of a great offensive line AND Emmitt Smith.

But you see, that's the thing. If you give Romo the offensive line that Troy Aikman had in the early 90's, is he still the problem? Put Troy Aikman (in his prime) as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys from 2006-2012, does he lead the Cowboys to 3 Super Bowls? does he lead the Cowboys to 2 NFC East Titles? does the Cowboys even win a playoff game? Remember now, Aikman had the benefit of a great offensive line AND Emmitt Smith.

Not even close! With the players that Dallas has with Romo, Troy Aikman would fare much worse. He was never a very mobile QB. He would have been put out injured I believe. Troy was a great QB and had much more to work with team-wise. You could forget about Super Bowls with Troy during the years 2006-2012.

I probably would not use Witten in that offense. because he can not block as well as novachek could.

Oh wow. Dude really. Novacek's biggest weakness was that he couldn't block a lick. And Alvin Harper wasn't one of the best receivers in Cowboy's history. Not even in top 10

Oh wow. Dude really. Novachek's biggest weakness was that he couldn't block a lick. And Alvin Harper wasn't one of the best receivers in Cowboy's history. Not even in top 10

i agree about harper. he was a decent #2 but that's about it. defenses focused on irvin and he usually benefitted from that. after he left dallas to go to tampa bay, he fell off the planet.

Oh wow. Dude really. Novachek's biggest weakness was that he couldn't block a lick. And Alvin Harper wasn't one of the best receivers in Cowboy's history. Not even in top 10

+1 Novacek was a converted WR. I'd put Harper at 7 behind Irvin, Pearson, Hayes, Hill, Johnson and Dupree. I'm sure I've missed someone.

Edit: LOL Novacek, so make Harper 8th

+1 Novacek was a converted WR. I'd put Harper at 7 behind Irvin, Pearson, Hayes, Hill, Johnson and Dupree. I'm sure I've missed someone.

Edit: LOL Novacek, so make Harper 8th

Oh...IMO way further down that that. Renfro, Alworth, Rentzel, Clarke and I'm sure I could keep going. I'd put TO in that group. I know he's hated, but the numbers don't lie. Even RB Preston Pearson was a better receiver than Harper. Harper's reputation centered on one 70yd slant pass against Frisco in the first Super Bowl run of the JJ era.

Oh wow. Dude really. Novacek's biggest weakness was that he couldn't block a lick. And Alvin Harper wasn't one of the best receivers in Cowboy's history. Not even in top 10

your right about Harper but i had also forgotten about the othercreceivers also. But i won't let the Novachek thing go because he was helping block some of those big d-ends when the cowboys ran the ball. Uim and the Moise were big parts to that running game. i just can't imagine if barry and emmitt had switched teams. nobody woukd have ever beat the cowboys then. I'm not saying we lost those few games because of emmitt but remember he did holdout the first couple of games in the 93 season which they lost both games.

your right about Harper but i had also forgotten about the othercreceivers also. But i won't let the Novachek thing go because he was helping block some of those big d-ends when the cowboys ran the ball. Uim and the Moise were big parts to that running game. i just can't imagine if barry and emmitt had switched teams. nobody woukd have ever beat the cowboys then. I'm not saying we lost those few games because of emmitt but remember he did holdout the first couple of games in the 93 season which they lost both games.

That is a wild assumption you have about Barry! Emmitt's success was hugely dependent on his timing with the guys blocking for him. It was not just about his speed and power or determination. His ability to hit the line when the hole was not there was uncanny. His trust that the hole would open up as he got there paid huge dividends for him. Barry on the other hand would be hitting them at a different rate and would most likely have to spin out to make his yards. They are two totally different style of runners. Never assume a player can have the same type of success from one team to another. Emmitt could just as well had made more yards behind Detroit's line instead of Barry. Same concept.

That is a wild assumption you have about Barry! Emmitt's success was hugely dependent on his timing with the guys blocking for him. It was not just about his speed and power or determination. His ability to hit the line when the hole was not there was uncanny. His trust that the hole would open up as he got there paid huge dividends for him. Barry on the other hand would be hitting them at a different rate and would most likely have to spin out to make his yards. They are two totally different style of runners. Never assume a player can have the same type of success from one team to another. Emmitt could just as well had made more yards behind Detroit's line instead of Barry. Same concept.

No I'm going on the assumption if they had switched teams. If Barry had a different line he might not have had to do what he did. He was all the Lions had in the 90s. His career yards would have been a lot more if he'd hada different offensive line. Emmitt is a great back and deserves everything he has but his oline deserves a lot of credit. They did their job and they were good at it.

I will say IMO the Cowboys would not have been as good if you switched Barry & Emmitt. Sanders was great. But he was not a "jump on my back and ride me" type like Emmitt and the Cowboys (and their OL) just wore people out in the 3rd & 4th qt. But either RB would have done great behind that line

I will say IMO the Cowboys would not have been as good if you switched Barry & Emmitt. Sanders was great. But he was not a "jump on my back and ride me" type like Emmitt and the Cowboys (and their OL) just wore people out in the 3rd & 4th qt. But either RB would have done great behind that line

true. Barry was not that type of back but his speed and agility made up for it. Emmitt is the alltime rushing king but i believe Barry retired way too early. I am not trying to say either one is better than the other. But the offensive line of the Cowboys then were the hogs of the NFL. Some of the best linemen to ever play in the NFL.

Emmit enjoyed a triple threat offense whereas every defense he faced had to stretch in order to cover Aikman, Irvin, Smith. In every game I watched that one of these three players were out due to injury (which was rare) the offense barely worked, meaning the opposing defense could key in.

Mr. Sanders did not enjoy this type of offensive scheme.

I'm not taken anything away from Mr. Smith but if he had been a Detroit Lion????