Boys District 16 4A Basketball Forum

NODAYSOFFTX

I agree totally! With Corsicana having already played WH and JAX I think they will come out against JT and give them a closer game than what people think. You brought up a good point, Corsicana knows that if they start 0-3 it will be hard to get in the playoffs. Should be a good game.

Corsi would still grab that 4th spot by virtue of beating the remaining teams in 16-4A even if they go 0-6 against the top three teams. My point was the district championship cause quite frankly 15-4A in the first round is going to be a handful for everyone in 16-4A.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corsi would still grab that 4th spot by virtue of beating the remaining teams in 16-4A even if they go 0-6 against the top three teams. My point was the district championship cause quite frankly 15-4A in the first round is going to be a handful for everyone in 16-4A.

ok i see

The main part of JT losing to corsicana was that 3 of the 3 year starters were out on college football visits so don't get to hyped up on corsicana because was no were close to full strength against them[/quote

they need to learn how to win without them. if they don't it's going to be a long season.

Gates at JVille HS open at 4:30. 9th grade game starts at 5pm. The first 550 people will be let in and then the doors will be closed. No seat saving and no holding tickets for anyone who can't get there in time. That's my understanding. The last time this happened was in January 2004 when Adrian Petersen and Palestine were in the same district as Jacksonville.

Should be a great game! Go Tribe!

Well, this game lived up to all the hype. Two great teams, electric atmosphere, incredible athletes on the floor . . . Jax was behind 4 - 5 points the whole game and then took it at the end making some key blocks and steals with their pressure. It looked like JT was a little frazzed at the end by that pressure. In the first half, JT was more physical and then Jax bowed up in the 2nd half and took it to the rack. JT was amazing at the free throw line, they just don't miss. The overflow crowd was well behaved on both sides as the JISD administrators and campus police did a great job at crowd control. I hate so many people couldn't get in but that won't happen anymore with LMC gym.

The rematch is Feb. 12 in the Lions Den. Can't wait . . . but the Tribe has WH Friday . . . another huge game.

Coriscana beat JT last Friday ONLY because 4 starters were missing on football recruiting visits -- NOT the same team without them so I don't think there is anythig to discuss there other than call it a loss in the standings. Jax's game in WH this Friday is HUGE . . . Jax, JT, and WH will all make the playoffs. The biggest thing now . . . seeding for bi-district as # 1 4A Arlington Seguin (with one loss, their only one, in district) looming for whoever comes in 3rd or 4th. Lancaster is in there as well with 6'6 Daeshon Hall. Seguin has no less than THREE D-1 recruits.