Permian pays $118K for coach, Top ET guy?

dmcnabb

he'd better win in a hurry. enough pressure coaching mojo as it is...

I agree, and Gary Gaines couldn't restore the Mojo back, he had coached back in 1986-1989 with a State Championship, but couldn't get it done from 2009-2012. I hadn't realized that Odessa Permian hadn't won a State Championship title since 1991.

according to the Tyler Newspaper, Coach Rush at JT was making somewhere close to 96k when he left JT,

http://www.etfinalscore.com/John+Tyler/171297/jt-coach-rush-bids-farewell-to-rose-city

I would assume the top guys would be in Tyler, Lufkin, Longview,and maybe Texarkana. If I had to bet,Longview aand I think Texas High coaches have the been at their schools the longest, so they probably make the most money.

King gets over $100,000 from Longview. Don't think it's quite that high but it's definitely not super far off.

Was making just over 110k in 2010.

Don't know the exact figure now..but he's banking especially since he was premoted to LISD athletic director.

Not surprised by Permian's pay. Not too many 5A coaches out there who aren't banking..even in the valley at the right programs.