Permian pays $118K for coach, Top ET guy?

dmcnabb

No one else in East Texas can beat 'em.

East Texas football overrated?

Nope, East Texas football isn't over-rated at all. Lots of ET teams have won state titles in their respective classes since 1937....just not ya'll. lol

None. He is wrong. Unless they double as the Principal or Supt.

Let's look at some numbers. Just pulling this off PineTree's website. Hope I don't offend anyone, but if you wonder why anyone goes and coaches at PineTree, this might be why. Base salary for someone with 20+ years experience is 49,000. Not much right. How about adding a 15,000 stipend for football and DC. Believe that's 64,000. Happens a lot, not everywhere I know. Lets give the same coach 20 days extra. Thats happens regularly. Thats another 5500. Now we're at 69,500. What if we add another sport, say powerlifting, 3,000 more. We now have 72,500. What about track, 3,000. That's 75,500. I can get real creative for the extra 4500. But I will leave that with the financial people. If you don't think a coordinator makes 80,000, Ive got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

What about 2a coaches in East Texas? I know what I have been told but it does not sound right. Anyone?

BRF, my Senior year at Grand Saline when we hired a new Head Football Coach that had come from Grandview, David Dubose, we hired him at 74k, and his predecessor, Greg Carpenter, made I think 75k, and this was at Grand Saline. I am sure that we pay Coach Ludlow much less since he is young, just completed his second season and is not the Athletic Director. Had we not had a Superintendent that was very chinchy with money, we could have paid for a high roller that replaced Carter Elliott when he retired. I'm guessing 2A Head guys make about 65-80k on average.

Let's look at some numbers. Just pulling this off PineTree's website. Hope I don't offend anyone, but if you wonder why anyone goes and coaches at PineTree, this might be why. Base salary for someone with 20+ years experience is 49,000. Not much right. How about adding a 15,000 stipend for football and DC. Believe that's 64,000. Happens a lot, not everywhere I know. Lets give the same coach 20 days extra. Thats happens regularly. Thats another 5500. Now we're at 69,500. What if we add another sport, say powerlifting, 3,000 more. We now have 72,500. What about track, 3,000. That's 75,500. I can get real creative for the extra 4500. But I will leave that with the financial people. If you don't think a coordinator makes 80,000, Ive got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

You said more than a few Coordinators make more than $118k and I called you on it. Who are they? PineTree's DC?