John Tyler's Tyus Bowser de-commits from OSU

Smoaky

Updated, January 29th, 9:00am---John Tyler Football Coach Ricklan Holmes just told me Bowser has decommitted from Oklahoma State. Bowser, according to Holmes, wants to play college basketball and in fact has an offer right now from Oral Roberts. Bowser would listen to the possibility of playing both football and basketball if a program would offer that option.

Smoaky

John Tyler's Tyus Bowser commits to OSU

John Tyler defensive end, Tyus Bowser, 6-3, 230, has committed to Oklahoma State.

Bowser, was recently named the All-Smoaky.com All-East Texas "Defensive Player of the Year."

Bowser finished his senior season with 59-Tackles, 26-Sacks, 2-Caused Fumbles, and he also took some snaps on offense at quarterback.

Bowser joins teammate, Fred Ross as the second commit to Oklahoma State for the Class of 2013. John Tyler has a tremendous history of stars going to Oklahoma State, including current Lions head coach Ricklan Holmes 49ers running back Kendall Hunter, former John Tyler LB Pagitte McGee, and DT Terrance Robinson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this kid play its hard to believe he could be better at basketball than football, but I wish him the best of luck with whatever he decides to do. I'm sure some College don't mind taken on him for both sports; it normally works out well for the football team. Jermicheal Finley, Kendall Wright, and Martellius Bennett. Just Saying

I watched this kid play its hard to believe he could be better at basketball than football, but I wish him the best of luck with whatever he decides to do. I'm sure some College don't mind taken on him for both sports; it normally works out well for the football team. Jermicheal Finley, Kendall Wright, and Martellius Bennett. Just Saying

Don't forget Julius Peppers and Jimmy Graham (only played 1 year of football in college)...

I believe Bowser plays basketball with a passion. He's was an excellent football player but I also believe his football numbers were just a smear of this kid's potential as an athlete. D1 Oral Roberts has offered this kid to play basketball and if his heart desires I think he should take the offer, if no one comes with a combination offer. I'm certain he will give his last breathe to the program and be happy doing it. I'm sure he won't mind playing where the coaches put him because he loves basketball. I wish him the best of luck and will always remember him showing count of his sacks in the 2012 second round playoff game. Now I turn my attention to defensive ends Jr. to be Jassavia Reese and So. to be Braylon Jones. Now these two guys are 110% football.