#2 White Oak @ # 3 Tatum

snuffy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tatum gets there way and gets to run run run, thats fine. Boyett has proven in his twenty years that you wont outrun him. Where both WO and Tatum excel is tiring their opponents down. This is going to be one exhausting game to watch. I cant wait!

Think this one goes down to the wire but I'll take WO because of the big 3 of Yancy, Anderson and Sutton. Those 3 have gone through the gauntlet together and everyone on the team knows their roles. In the first game it didn't really seem like Tatum had any go-to option down the stretch that they focused on (maybe because of Garrett being in foul trouble, but still). Tatum will need their bigs to play better and the shooter to get open more often early. Necks by 7 because of late free throws.

Best 2a game of the season so far will be Friday night. Gonna be a blast to watch with 2 very talented teams. I've gotta go with WO by 4 or 6 just because I'm hometown faithful and believe boyett will have them ready. Good chance Yancy makes a big impact this game on offense since he disappeared last showdown.

Ok, I've been told he has to play JV rest of the season. So, I'll be watching the JV game Friday. Over/Under on dunking over folks?

I know right. He will straight smash on anybody that gets in the way. I hate that he has to play JV the rest of the year. He'd be a huge boost to the varsity. Over/Under on dunkin over folks....I'll set it at 4 and I'll take the over on JV. Super Sophmore is an understatement.

Best 2a game of the season so far will be Friday night. Gonna be a blast to watch with 2 very talented teams. I've gotta go with WO by 4 or 6 just because I'm hometown faithful and believe boyett will have them ready. Good chance Yancy makes a big impact this game on offense since he disappeared last showdown.

Our boys down-low disappeared last showdown as well, Hughes and Johnson only combined for 10 points last game. Could it be that both team's post play shut down each other? If your psychic see's Yancy picking up his game then my crystal ball is tell me Hughes and Johnson will be turnin it up a bit as well.

P.S. The crystal ball is tellin me Garrett aint foulin out either.

Our boys down-low disappeared last showdown as well, Hughes and Johnson only combined for 10 points last game. Could it be that both team's post play shut down each other? If your psychic see's Yancy picking up his game then my crystal ball is tell me Hughes and Johnson will be turnin it up a bit as well.

I think they'll pick it up too, but you have to remember that Yancy isn't WO's best post scorer. I think that title belongs to #25 Nichols this season. His improvement gives the Necks a shot in any game.

Well Nichols was WOs MVP that game so out post presence didn't disappear. Y'all's guys just had trouble shooting over 6'7" cause Yancy was a force on the defensive end as always

If you guys want to believe Tatum has no chance, fine. But I can assure you that the players know they can give WO all they want and come away with a win at home. You're WO big head may not have you worried but reality has you anxious to see the outcome, lol.

If you guys want to believe Tatum has no chance, fine. But I can assure you that the players know they can give WO all they want and come away with a win at home. You're WO big head may not have you worried but reality has you anxious to see the outcome, lol.

We simply picked our team to win the same way you are. And I havn't found anyone who says it's going to be a blowout in WOs favor. Which means it could go either way we just have faith that the experience of WO will help us pull it out.

Nichols did have a good game and was the difference maker. Sutton did a good job limiting Tatums shooter touches. Tatum will need to do a better job getting him open. It will be a great atmosphere Friday. Tatum takes this one at home.

I have no doubts WO will do a better job creating opportunities but Tatum will do the same.

Both coaches are good at what they do. WO will gameplan to slow Tatum down. Tatum will gameplan to run run run.

Mama says we might just press yall alittle too, how does that sound,,,...!!!! Yalls tongues were hanging out last time lol ,,,....!!!!

When Tatum forced to run a offense they gotta get the shooter free. Didn't do that very well first time and it forced a lot of bad shot attempts. Credit defense for that.

Running a offense is the last g Tatum wants to do and it's exactly what WO wants Tatum to do. Hope the refs let them play physical.

Mama says hope they do too, we bringing 25 players,,,...!!!! lol

I figured ole' Not2Old woulda been lighting this topic up. A chance to talk about Tatum and White Oak on the same thread. Can't believe he's passin this up.

Just for you eagle, in my opinion only...White Oak point guard is the best defense point guard in East Texas, White Oak is a better outside shooting team, ball pressure and transition team. Tatum more athletic, stronger inside and the kid from Maine is a pure 3 pt shooter. Should be a great game. I pick White Oak. Even if Tatum did get lucky, they wouldn't get lucky twice, to advance to the Regional's.

Just for you eagle, in my opinion only...White Oak point guard is the best defense point guard in East Texas, White Oak is a better outside shooting team, ball pressure and transition team. Tatum more athletic, stronger inside and the kid from Maine is a pure 3 pt shooter. Should be a great game. I pick White Oak. Even if Tatum did get lucking, they wouldn't get lucking twice, to advance to the Regional's.

Mama says thanks N20 for the nice things said about our point guard, I think hes special too,,...!!!! GO NECKS LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!!!

This game is going to be a war, but I'm anxious to see how much of a war the refs let it be tomorrow night.. I hope they just let the two teams play, as a player and fan nothing is more frustrating that playing/watching a game that is being controlled by the refs. Call the major fouls but eliminate the hand checks, I know that probably goes in Tatum's favor with that statement but come on the #2 team in the state knows how to handle pressure lol. Throw skill out of the conversation right now, tomorrow night the tougher team wins.