The Next Realignment

RonSwanson

It's kind of "no news" ... The way the realignment is going to take shape is that the current 2A as it exists will essentially be renamed 3A... So while Class 3A is getting split divisions, the real question is will the new 4A get them or just allow one division and four teams?

They figured the old names were too descriptive. "Garsh," one UIL official was quoted, "by calling it 6-man we make it clear just what the hell the thing is. What an absolutely intolerable state of affairs."

Next on the agenda for the UIL will be renaming all the rounds of football playoffs, so that the first round is regional, the second round is state, and the sixth round is bi-area.

So if Tatum turns in the numbers and moves up, which I completely expect us to, well be jumping from 2A to 4A? This stuff is stupid. Just go back to the old days.....6 or 7 teams in a district...only 1, maybe 2 make the playoffs.

So if Tatum turns in the numbers and moves up, which I completely expect us to, well be jumping from 2A to 4A? This stuff is stupid. Just go back to the old days.....6 or 7 teams in a district...only 1, maybe 2 make the playoffs.

Doubtful.... Tatum will be in the new 3A.

I heard Obamacare is the reason for this big mess. It was hidden text in the Health Care plan...

Here's what will happen:

-Every district will have 6 or 7 teams.

-Everybody will make the playoffs regardless of the outcome of district.

-Jerry will host all Bi-District games at cowboy stadium

-Powerlifting will become apart of the UIL

-Willie Hargett will get the coaching job at Marshall and/or Whitehouse

I heard Obamacare is the reason for this big mess. It was hidden text in the Health Care plan...

Here's what will happen:

-Every district will have 6 or 7 teams.

-Everybody will make the playoffs regardless of the outcome of district.

-Jerry will host all Bi-District games at cowboy stadium

-Powerlifting will become apart of the UIL

-Willie Hargett will get the coaching job at Marshall and/or Whitehouse

I agree with your first point

Next year, 5A goes to 6A, 4A to 5A, 3A to 4A.....& 6-man to 1A. The vote by 3A supt. has not been announced yet but more than likely, 4A (old 3A) will be split into Large & Small like 2A is now...the split will be Gilmer enrollment plus 1 & that team will be the smallest Large School...this will allow us to continue with the annual butt whooping of Tatum that we so sorely miss.