Texas High vs Arkansas High 2013 ! (Football)

eagles66

While there was speculation that this historic rivalry would not be played in 2013 due to scheduling conflicts, the information proved to be incorrect.

The rivalry will indeed continue on Friday, September 6th at Arkansas High. While the Tigers have dominated the game in recent years, it remains a huge rival game in Texarkana USA

The Tigers will release their complete 2013 football schedule soon.

This rivalry is dead. Arkansas side of T-town is on life support. Almost the entire Texarkana growth is on the Texas side. Ark High just doesn't have the caliber of athlete that Texas High has. No where close. Ledford is a great coach. Ark people are down on him and its a shame. Anybody with any fb since can look on the field and tell it ain't X's and O's. It's Jimmy and Joe's. Glad to hear the rivalry is still gonna be continued.

to have a rivalry the game must occasionally have a different winner. When is the last time Ark high won the game. THS will continue to win. Mark it down. I totally agree with you about Ark high losing students. They are shrinking and Trinity, GC, And Fouke are growing. Just the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Barry did good. Record should improve. Kennadale is the only non-cistrict team on the schedule with a winning record. Tigers will be 4-1 headed to district. Other 4 teams have combined record of 13-29

if he's not 4-1 heading into district the seat should be pretty warm

if he's not 4-1 heading into district the seat should be pretty warm

Your correct. I remember not to long ago when T-high couldn't get anyone at any classification to play them non dist. Had to play Bentonville, Ohio school, Evangel, etc. Maybe coach Nortan can get the Tigers back.

I'm happy the LE game is back on the schedule. I'm not predicting a win. I just like to see the local teams play.

Kennedale handled us pretty easy last year, and Tyler Lee got their only win against us. I wouldn't be writing that 4-1 prediction in ink...but I do believe we will be improved. 4-1 is not unrealistic, but I'll wait & see how things develop

I'm happy the LE game is back on the schedule. I'm not predicting a win. I just like to see the local teams play.

Kennedale handled us pretty easy last year, and Tyler Lee got their only win against us. I wouldn't be writing that 4-1 prediction in ink...but I do believe we will be improved. 4-1 is not unrealistic, but I'll wait & see how things develop

Make that two of us that are glad L-E is back on the Tiger schedule. The game being played at Grim should give Texas High a boost.

Ark High

L-E

Kennadale

Natchitoches Central

Tyler Lee

Where will these games be played ?

Based on last year, the Ark High game will be at Ark. High, the L-E game will be at Grim (they did not play last year) the Kennendale game at Royse City and I have no idea on the Natchitoches Central game.

In district the Tigers will go to MP, Pine Tree, and Marshall. They will have Hallsville and S. Springs at home.

That seat will NEVER be warm enough.. No chance THS ever gets rid of Norton.. He will be there until he decides different

You are correct. And thats the way it probably should be. I feel like they underachieve most years. However they have a very hardworking staff. Just can't seem to get the football program back to where it was when Nortan 1st took over.

Natchitoches Central game will be played at Grim from what is being told.

Where will these games be played ?

Based on last year, the Ark High game will be at Ark. High, the L-E game will be at Grim (they did not play last year) the Kennendale game at Royse City and I have no idea on the Natchitoches Central game.

In district the Tigers will go to MP, Pine Tree, and Marshall. They will have Hallsville and S. Springs at home.

Thanks for report on the location of the Natchitoches Central game.

That should give the Tigers 5 home games - L-E, Tyler Lee, Natchitoches Central, S. Springs and Hallsville

Road games - MP, PT, Marshall and Ark. High

Neutral - Kennandale @ Royse City

This is just me but Texas high should always play LE and Arkie just saying....

LE game should be only played at Grim, even if LE is the home team. Their stadium can not handle the game on the visitor's side. I am not sure that I would say LE & Texas High should always play.

Personally I think LE and Arkansas would be a better annual matchup given the school sizes.

Make that two of us that are glad L-E is back on the Tiger schedule. The game being played at Grim should give Texas High a boost.

The fact Texas High has 2,000 students and L-E has 725 is a pretty big boost. THS will have 300 kids out for football in top four grades. L-E usually has around 100.