Who know's the 21 game U.I.L. rule .......?

If I am not mistaken, back in the 80's, the Longview girls could not play a warm up game because they would have exceeded the maximum games allowed for a season. Then I believe you could not exceed a certain total which also would have taken into account playoff games. Correct me someone if I am in error.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of bashing going on here. Obviously, a scheduling mistake was made by the girls basketball coach at Tatum. they have been punished according to the rules. It could have hurt badly if their season had been any less successful. Now here's my issue...this obviously is a case of oversight rather than an attempt to cheat, but many people on here seem to enjoy this happening. Don't get your enjoyment from bad things happening to others.

A lot of bashing going on here. Obviously, a scheduling mistake was made by the girls basketball coach at Tatum. they have been punished according to the rules. It could have hurt badly if their season had been any less successful. Now here's my issue...this obviously is a case of oversight rather than an attempt to cheat, but many people on here seem to enjoy this happening. Don't get your enjoyment from bad things happening to others.

When you are a winner and on top those on the bottom are always looking for reasons to bash.

Try to comprehend eagle, thats not what I said. I mean we could "have tea." And we can settle our difference's like men do, not like "eagles' do.

You didn't say have tea.

Soooo, men that have differences on a message board meet to have tea? That what you're telling me?

You need help.

If I am not mistaken, back in the 80's, the Longview girls could not play a warm up game because they would have exceeded the maximum games allowed for a season. Then I believe you could not exceed a certain total which also would have taken into account playoff games. Correct me someone if I am in error.

I have talked with some other coaches and they agree, Yes there may have been a mis-schedule, but they went ahead and played the game giving them 22 games and then Friday night played Diboll thus giving them 23...now I am not a math expert as some of the Tatum fans, but that is 2 over their allocated games. Now I doubt that is ok by U.I.L. rules. maybe eaglestaff and his buds thinks it is ok, but I will find out for sure Monday.

And yes that did happen to Longview.

A couple years back, Texas High scheduled too many games and forfeited their last game of the season. The game was NOT played. Why have a rule limiting the number of games and then ignore it without repercussions? I believe the reason for the limits is to reduce time out of classroom. Not trying to dog Tatum, but I would think it would make you in eligible for post season.

It could be argued Tatum had an unfair advantage playing the game.

With the UIL cutting schedules back for next season I had to take out two games with teams that I have been playing for years just to make sure that I stayed within the rules and allowed a spot for a warm-up game at the end if needed.

I'm trying to understand something here. If Tatum had to forfeit because they violated the maximum games allowed rule how we're they able to go ahead and play it anyway (with a forfeit) and then play a warm-up game on top of that?

UIL and all their wisdom said "warm up" games don't count toward game count..

Same with a tie-breaker game. If ND wouldn't of got lucky against EF then Tatum would of played EF again last Friday instead of Diboll..

Wow , how arrogant you are Eaglehatched " If ND wouldnt of got luck against EF". ND should of won in EF the first game , lost by ten without their star playing for 2 qrts and terrible officiating. But however you have to spin it to make you Tatum fans feel better for scheduling to many games.

Wow , how arrogant you are Eaglehatched " If ND wouldnt of got luck against EF". ND should of won in EF the first game , lost by ten without their star playing for 2 qrts and terrible officiating. But however you have to spin it to make you Tatum fans feel better for scheduling to many games.

ND would of beat EF the first time but blah blah blah...

Why would Tatum fans feel bad about scheduling to many games? Makes no sense...

Coach felt bad, really bad but she happy happy happy when ND got lucky and it was announced over PA that EF lost.

Watch out bball, eagleboy will exploit his power as "staff moderator" and ban you, if if you talk against " mightier then thou Tatum." They are the only school that the U.I.L. rules DON'T apply to, lol.

Watch out bball, eagleboy will exploit his power as "staff moderator" and ban you, if if you talk against " mightier then thou Tatum." They are the only school that the U.I.L. rules DON'T apply to, lol.

If that were the case they wouldn't of had to forfeit game against EF..

Weak whacko

no talking about your repeated use of "they wouldn't of had" and i'm not a moderator or staff just go get a life eagleborn ur driving me nuts with your high handedness don't bother banning me i'll leave on my own,.

It's North ..South on here. "Grandbirdie what ever do you mean, eagle is Mr Bent and you, me and bball are Orey Main." If we were to call him names, we would be banned". He definitely has the "little big man" syndrome, lol.