Teams I'd like to know about

stevosev7

Paris is 6-2-2, but outside of the opening tournament at Kilgore (played well but finished 0-1-2) and last week at Frisco Centennial (1-0 loss), they've have a light pre-district schedule. District 19 should be a 2-team battle again between Paris and Sulphur Springs. Paris beat North Lamar, 5-0, in Kings Classic 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard much about them otherwise.

Paris has a strong junior class with capable finishers and a solid defense and goalkeeping. I think they lost a little bit in midfield from last year's sectional finalists but they're still dangerous. They've played just 3 times in the past 3 weeks so they're a bit rusty. If they get on a roll in district, they certainly don't lack confidence going against Dallas Metroplex teams in their playoff bracket.

The only one of those I know about is MP. Not as stellar a team as last year, but solid. From what I've seen, discipline is still a huge problem for this team, though.

All of the smoaky experts last year at this time said MP was not that good. The panel even had a poll that didnt even have them ranked in the top 10 in east texas. This year so far MP is undefeated and smoaky experts are saying they are not as good. Every year a smoaky expert says MP lacks discipline but MP always seems to win a lot of playoff games which is very hard to do on a consistant basis. Teams that lack discipline simply dont win on a consistant basis. The point Im getting at is is an obvious one I think? Time will tell what ALL teams will accomplish as the season plays out and smoaky experts have nothing to do with how it plays out. If I was betting my farm I would put it on that Mayfield will have MP ready for the playoffs and whoever gets a result against them will be a great team as well and will be making a deep run themselves.

All of the smoaky experts last year at this time said MP was not that good. The panel even had a poll that didnt even have them ranked in the top 10 in east texas. This year so far MP is undefeated and smoaky experts are saying they are not as good. Every year a smoaky expert says MP lacks discipline but MP always seems to win a lot of playoff games which is very hard to do on a consistant basis. Teams that lack discipline simply dont win on a consistant basis. The point Im getting at is is an obvious one I think? Time will tell what ALL teams will accomplish as the season plays out and smoaky experts have nothing to do with how it plays out. If I was betting my farm I would put it on that Mayfield will have MP ready for the playoffs and whoever gets a result against them will be a great team as well and will be making a deep run themselves.

I'm a big fan of this post. My thoughts on their "discipline" is this:

MP always has a few kids who may need attitude adjustments. I'm not sure there's any disputing that. However, once those kids are on the field, the way they move/control the ball and keep possession epitimizes discipline. Again, I haven't seen much of them this season, but that's pretty much how it's been in past seasons.

How did MP do in their matches last week? I don't put much stock in records, but what is their record at this point? Just curious.

I agree with NoLies and Stevo. Who cares what discipline problems exist at the beginning...its how well a team comes together at the end of the regular season and playoffs that indicate their true level of talent and potential. They have been the most consistent winning team in ET over the last 10 years and yes they will be a force in March-April!

Kilgore, Pine Tree, Jacksonville and Lindale close on their heels for consist, competitive winning programs. (5a schools not included)

MP beat Lindale 2-1 in both teams final tune-up before district. MP is very good and always will be very good as long as the steady flow of kids keep coming into the program. Very little doubt from what i've seen that MP is the best team in east texas.

I think it wouldn't be that good of a game. From what I have seen and been told Jacksonville isn't the Jacksonville of past years. Don't get me wrong they are still good, but other teams have closed the gaps due to injuries and grades. I could be wrong, but hey it is just an opinion right.

I think it wouldn't be that good of a game. From what I have seen and been told Jacksonville isn't the Jacksonville of past years. Don't get me wrong they are still good, but other teams have closed the gaps due to injuries and grades. I could be wrong, but hey it is just an opinion right.

When was Jacksonville ever a powerhouse at soccer? What gap would you guys be talking about? They have always been about par with everyone else

Jacksonville are missing two key starters from what i have heard . They are getting them back at the second round of district im pretty sure they will start dominating the district after them two starters come back in the lineup.

An i agree MP is the best team in east texas but they are beatable

• 1 month later...

Jacksonville are missing two key starters from what i have heard . They are getting them back at the second round of district im pretty sure they will start dominating the district after them two starters come back in the lineup.

An i agree MP is the best team in east texas but they are beatable

Everyone is beatable at some point, right? That's what makes the playoffs so exciting! Good luck to ALL ET teams competing in post season games!!!!