chapel hill alumni,standout basketball and football player tragically murdered

Chill5000

I was finally enjoying a little down time and playing a round of golf when my son, Craig sent me a text about Chris Mass being killed.

I am sick to my stomach and horribly saddened by this news.

Senseless.

My prayers to his family.

I interviewed Chris Mass over the years when he was a multi-sport star at Chapel Hill. I remember when he would come to Wagstaff Gym to watch TJC basketball, and what I'll always remember about Chris Mass was his infectious smile that would light up a room.

R.I.P. Chris Mass.

David Smoak

Chris was not only a talented athlete, but a great young man. He was a pleasure to cover all four years of high school when I was at the newspaper.

He was a joy to watch on the basketball court. My heart broke for him when he was injured in the second half of the state semifinals in 2007, but nothing like it's broken now.

Rest in peace, Chris.

Saw him take over a tournament in Wo when he was a freshman and the next three years. I was just talking about him last night at the game as being one of the best ive seen play in the past 20 years. Senseless loss of life!

Its funny you say that me and my buddy were watching chapel hill friday night snd started talking about chris and how he completely took over a game by himself. Rip my brother