29-4A Boys

Coach951

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16-0????

No class at all! That's ridiculous. I've been on both sides of that before. If the coach told them to pass 7 times or only score with header then fine. Otherwise no need for that!!!!

First of all he played his JV against a varsity team. Dont know what else he could have done. Get better.

Who cares what he played against him. There is no need to beat a team 16-0 in soccer. I agree if you get beat 16-0 you need to get better, but it's a jv team. Do you understand what jv means? means you aren't good enough for varsity. So how is it fair that a jv team plays a varsity team.

First of all he played his JV against a varsity team. Dont know what else he could have done. Get better.

Gonna add a little to this post. MP varsity never touched the field. JV1 starters played until the score was 4 to 0. Jv 1 Subs finished the 1st half. JV 2 Starters played about 15 minutes of the 2nd half And jv 2 subs finished the game. Alot of these kids hardly ever get to play and they work really hard. I dont know what else could have been done for LE. The kids that played for MP deserve to get to play when possible dont they? Before you call someone classless it might be good to know the story!

Like I said it was just my opinion. I do agree that all kids should have the opportunity to play and get better....why else would you be involved in a sport. Now you said, "The kids that played for MP deserve to get to play when possible dont they?..... I agree, but whose fault is it for not scheduling games for them to play? We could go at this all day. Like I said it is just my opinion, and I feel that a team that does this loses a lot of respect.

Like I said it was just my opinion. I do agree that all kids should have the opportunity to play and get better....why else would you be involved in a sport. Now you said, "The kids that played for MP deserve to get to play when possible dont they?..... I agree, but whose fault is it for not scheduling games for them to play? We could go at this all day. Like I said it is just my opinion, and I feel that a team that does this loses a lot of respect.

When people post things about other programs even if it is their opinion they should be careful what they say because most people take alot of pride in their programs and are offended when negative things are said about their program. I would never post negative things about another program espicially when I dont know the story about what the post is about. I guess this is just my opinion.

I don't care about the story.... I don't care if you beat my team, l.e's team, or whoever 16-0. The fact is that's a little much. Congratulations on your teams win, and I wish y'all the best of luck.

Yeah your right. Maybe MP should bring cookie cakes and tropheys to the game and hand them out for all the players on both teams to get. They played Mt Pleasants JV against a Varsity team. Who PG just beat 9-0 might i add.... when you have a top team like MP playing teams like that in that district the only argument you can make is that MP is to good for that district and need to be moved. Other than that there really is no avoiding it. Was he suppose to just play possession the entire game. Have you ever seen a team do that to another team? Its humiliating.

Liberty Eylau is one of the best attitudes on the field. They have our players' respect, because they don't quit, and play hard and with good sporot and attitude to the whistle. I know it's tough for them, but if you see how they handle it, they are more mature than most in how they handle it. KUDOS!

THS and PG was a Girl's match last night, The Lady Hawks won in PK's 4-2 after a scoreless match and OTs.

PG lost a heartbreaker to Pittsburg, 3-2.

I am pleased to see the progress the Hawks are making, playing in the Longview and Pine Tree tournaments showed us that even though we did not win in many of those matches, we were not bracket filler, we were a lot more competitive aginst the stronger teams like Kilgore, Red Oak, and Pine Tree.

Lady Hawks beating THS Lady Tigers in their house, and THS having defeated Mt. Pleasant ladies (I heard 1-0), show once again a tight race for the top spot.

I assume you know Mt Pleasant's schedule, then?

They actually had a non-district match against Wylie last night, so that they could "play".

I understand your "feel good" attitude towards the losing team in such situations, but it is not MP's fault on geographic proximity of the 2 teams.

It is what it is.

You have a powerful 4A Soccer school playing a weaker 3A school not known for soccer, things will get ugly. Fact of life.

Unless you were at the match, and were witness to how the events transpired, you cannot make other than an uniformed general opinion comment.

If you see them play, you can tell if they are trying to run it up, or if they are mocking the team by playing keep-away.

My opinion, is that you have some sub-varsity players trying their hardest to play well, so that coach Mayfield will geive them a look for the future.

I would not expect them to NOT give their best effort, it's not fair to them.

As for actually putting the ball into the net tthat many times, so be it.

If you have seen teams run the other around in circles, it is just as humiliating, it just doesn't show up on the scoreboard, so don't think you are protecting them by coming to defend their honor with respect to score. It feels just as bad.

It's no one's fault and I'll tell you why. Because Mt. Pleasant usually has 4x as many kids go out for soccer than most schools in the area. In other words, there's a reason they have a JV1 and a JV2. Most teams just have a JV, some teams only have a varsity. It's kinda like a few years back when MP fielded like 28 kids on a 4A football team and played Texas high who rolled with 60 kids...

I assume you know Mt Pleasant's schedule, then?

They actually had a non-district match against Wylie last night, so that they could "play".

I understand your "feel good" attitude towards the losing team in such situations, but it is not MP's fault on geographic proximity of the 2 teams.

It is what it is.

You have a powerful 4A Soccer school playing a weaker 3A school not known for soccer, things will get ugly. Fact of life.

Unless you were at the match, and were witness to how the events transpired, you cannot make other than an uniformed general opinion comment.

If you see them play, you can tell if they are trying to run it up, or if they are mocking the team by playing keep-away.

My opinion, is that you have some sub-varsity players trying their hardest to play well, so that coach Mayfield will geive them a look for the future.

I would not expect them to NOT give their best effort, it's not fair to them.

As for actually putting the ball into the net tthat many times, so be it.

If you have seen teams run the other around in circles, it is just as humiliating, it just doesn't show up on the scoreboard, so don't think you are protecting them by coming to defend their honor with respect to score. It feels just as bad.

Btw, MP beat Wylie 2-1. Wylie is the #3 ranked team in the DFW area. Very Proud of the Tigers.

I don't think so.

After having seen Pitt at least twice playing against us, and twice more in Pine tree, then Mt. Pleasant last week, Mt Pleasant seems the crisper of the two sides.

They have more depth, and their team shape and passing is on par with their better years.

Both teams love to shoot the ball from 30 yds out, so keepers have to be on their toes at all times.

I'm going to throw a score out there, 3-1 MP wins.