Top Posters In This Topic

After half of District

Mount Pleasant 15

Pittsburg 12

Texas High 9

Pleasant Grove 6

Atlanta 3

Liberty Eylau 0

Texas High is a lot stronger than their record shows.

1-0 losses to both MP and Pitt!

The new coach has stepped right in, and has filled the shoes right away.

If grades had affected any team lately, I do believe spring break will allow them the next three as playable.

Could be an interesting 2nd half.

Yeah your right. Maybe MP should bring cookie cakes and tropheys to the game and hand them out for all the players on both teams to get. They played Mt Pleasants JV against a Varsity team. Who PG just beat 9-0 might i add.... when you have a top team like MP playing teams like that in that district the only argument you can make is that MP is to good for that district and need to be moved. Other than that there really is no avoiding it. Was he suppose to just play possession the entire game. Have you ever seen a team do that to another team? Its humiliating.

If 3A soccer is coming, then they will only face Texas High next year.

Pitt, PG, LE, and Atlanta will not be playing schools with 2-3 times their enrollment.

This would open the door for Mt Pleasant to be in a more challenging District.

Pittsburg scored early on a great play nice goal from the left side, but PG held them off the rest of the way defensively.

There were three young men doing the referee duties, and I was really impressed with the management of the game.

It was physical, but controlled, and not much complaining about their job.

I thought it was a great job by that young crew.

Pitt played a good clean, hard game. I think we gave them all they wanted, just came up short the goal.

Good trip out of town.

I have not heard the LE MP result, but will assume, since the board is not blowing up, that MP won.

This puts the order so far:

Mount Pleasant

Pittsburg

Texas High

Pleasant grove

Atlanta

Liberty Eylau.

PG travels to Atlanta, and Pitt travels to THS soon for the last real chances at changing the standings and order before THS and PG face off the last match on the 22nd.

Looking at the standings and goal differential, if my facts are correct, the standings are pretty much set.

PG vs Atlanta. if Atlanta wins at home, they split, and PG has the goal differential.

If PG wins at Home vs THS, then they split, and THS has the goal differential.

Atlanta would need to win out to get in the playoffs, which would require PG to lose to (Atlanta ) & THS, AND Atlanta would have to defeat Mt. Pleasant.

1: Mt Pleasant

2: Pittsburg

3: Texas High

4: Pleasant Grove

5: Atlanta

6: Liberty Eylau

So if what I have gathered is accurate:

Mount Pleasant plays winner of Pine Tree / Whitehouse

Pittsburg faces off against Kilgore / Athens

Texas High Texarkana gets Lindale / Marshall

Pleasant Grove has John Tyler / Hallsville

Could not agree more, Bordertown. It would be nice if, instead of granting a bye to districts with a corresponding "ghost district", the UIL would instead grant byes to various #1 seeds from districts. Logistically, that could be a nightmare, but just about anything seems more palatable than LE girls getting drubbed 8/9-0 in a 2nd round playoff match.

The UIL would not even have to work hard at it. There are enough among us who could come up with viable and sensical brackets, that all their "committee" would have to do is approve whichever one made the most cents.(sic)