9-2ADI Football (2013)

Eagleborn

I really think the only way y'all will beat Troup is by passing the ball, a lot. Their run defense is good. They let Lakin break a couple long ones but held the run game in check for the most part against WO.

Last year Harmony didn't have any problems running the ball. I know a couple of the linebackers graduated, are the new guys much better? They didn't like the 210 lb & 200 lb backs coming at them.

I think you will be surprised. Weren't you predicting a Jefferson win.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the only way y'all will beat Troup is by passing the ball, a lot. Their run defense is good. They let Lakin break a couple long ones but held the run game in check for the most part against WO.

Lakin had 137 yards on 13 carries, don't quiet qualify that as keeping it in check. I agrees troups weakness comes in the secondary.

Last year Harmony didn't have any problems running the ball. I know a couple of the linebackers graduated, are the new guys much better? They didn't like the 210 lb & 200 lb backs coming at them.

I think you will be surprised. Weren't you predicting a Jefferson win.

Yes, but I have to say, from the first scrimmage against DF until they played y'all, they didn't get any better. Jefferson's defense looked pretty darn good against DF. I assumed they had gotten better and they didn't. It almost looked like they got worse defensively. They had opportunities to stop y'all's run game and just missed tackles. I don't know what's going in with Jefferson. I'm actually going to stick with my original prediction and say I don't know who will win. Losing Lynch really hurt Troup, I mean the QB touches the ball every single play and it don't help losing him on defense. This is truly a toss up for me.

Lakin had 137 yards on 13 carries, don't quiet qualify that as keeping it in check. I agrees troups weakness comes in the secondary.

I read it was 117 yards, and when considering that Lakin slipped loose 2 times and had almost 100 on just those 2 runs, then yes, WOs run game was held in check. So according to you, Lakin had about 37 yards on 11 carries, see what I'm getting at?

MaxPreps 2A Division 1 State Rankings (10/27/13)

District 9

2. Tatum

5. White Oak

30. Troup

34. Harmony

65. Jefferson

90. Sabine

District 10

3. Newton

16. Kirbyville

26. East Chambers

41. Kountze

57. Anahuac

73. Woodville

92. Hardin

102.Warren

It's looking like it will be a 3-way tie for 2nd place in District 10. East Chambers, Kountze, and Kirbyville look to finish District at 5-2. Kirbyville beat EC by 10, EC beat Kountze by 6 and Kountze plays Kirbyville this week. Between those three, EC is at negative 4.

I have EC at 3 and Kountze at 4 when the whistle blows in 2 weeks. Kirbyville did get a couple injured Friday night and that could foul up my prediction

it won't matter cause that means the world ended

[/quote

That's what happened 2 years ago. You were no where to be found. You and all of your WO buddies were on here predicting Harmony was going to kick your ###. You have revisionist history brother. The world didn't end in 2011. Lol

What were saying anyway is will harmony be able to run the ball on troup and I think the answer is no. I think troup should be too fast for them to run all over them

I believe Harmony will be able to run all night on Troup. I was very impressed with the Soph qb, I'd say open it up and good things will happen!

I might get a hotel and just kick it the whole weekend.

+1