3A Split Division Passes

FarmerFran

Chapel Hill will be 4A. They got some big groups coming up.

We will all be 4A...now CH ,may move to 5A...we will have to get used to the new numbering...East Texas seems to be growing...Pitt may be over the number & be in Div 1...heck, we are so close.

We will all be 4A...now CH ,may move to 5A...we will have to get used to the new numbering...East Texas seems to be growing...Pitt may be over the number & be in Div 1...heck, we are so close.

Yea bob. That's what I said yesterday a little after 10am.

The 2a split has been good for us in football I wish they could do it for all sports and the districts could all be the same. I know it is because travel on Tuesday night in basketball baseball and volleyball etc. But if the could it would be better for competition and just overall non confusion. Like well that team is in our football district but they aren't in our basketball district etc

I agree

Wait... so if all of the classes are being renamed up one level.... then 3A in 2014 is what today's 2A is right? So it really isn't a change? 2A already does the split... The teams that are currently 3A won't be affected because they will be 4A...

Or am I wrong?

Wait... so if all of the classes are being renamed up one level.... then 3A in 2014 is what today's 2A is right? So it really isn't a change? 2A already does the split... The teams that are currently 3A won't be affected because they will be 4A...

Or am I wrong?

Wrong...the UIL rules say 3A because the change to 4A does not take effect until the start of the 2014 School Year

Would Tatum have the enrollment to move up?

I see Gilmer going with atl and pg someone has to be in their district and Gilmer, Pitt and Sp Hill are the closest. If Tatum has the numbers they will be in there if not Gladewater will be this would be the most logical scenario, but logic and UIL don,t Ghaw.

The current numbers are:

5A - 245 schools
4A - 250 schools
3A - 190 schools

I really believe with 3A being split into two divisions, that you will see that number bump up to around
225 schools. Taking the bottom 36 schools in the current 4A and moving them down to achieve that number would have the top number in 3A at around 1300. So I think the top of 3A(future 4A) will be 1250-1300.

That would make the following
numbers fit the UIL's goal of having a 2.0 ratio top to bottom since they won't
compete against each other for state championships.

3A division 2: 450 to 875

3A diviision 1: 876 to 1300

The current numbers are:

5A - 245 schools

4A - 250 schools

3A - 190 schools

I really believe with 3A being split into two divisions, that you will see that number bump up to around

225 schools. Taking the bottom 36 schools in the current 4A and moving them down to achieve that number would have the top number in 3A at around 1300. So I think the top of 3A(future 4A) will be 1250-1300.

That would make the following

numbers fit the UIL's goal of having a 2.0 ratio top to bottom since they won't

compete against each other for state championships.

3A division 1: 450 to 875

3A diviision 2: 876 to 1300

Good stuff...

But I'd swap the two divisions. D1 is big school, D2 small school.

That's the way it is now with 1A and 2A.