13-14 Alignments...

lionsfan

I don't think there will be any change next year for soccer. Believe we have the same districts next year. Hope I am wrong though because we are excited about 3A soccer!! Be nice to make the playing field a lot more even. Some of these 4A schools will have to work a little harder to make the playoffs. LOL

I believe we don't have 3A soccer till Jan 2015

That's what I believe will happen to. Just have always hoped they might move a few things up for next year, since the realignment was only for 1 year instead of 2. But yes...looking forward to 3A soccer for sure...we will lose 5 of the 7 teams in our current district when that happens ;)

I still don't understand how they're going to add a 6A conference in other sports, but a 3A in soccer. In other words, if current 3A schools are going to bump up to 4A (like most models that I'm hearing), who's going to be left? Or, could you be 4A in football but 3A in soccer? Doesn't make sense to me. We've been used to the opposite case.

Anyway, everything I've read says the soccer realignment won't happen until 14-16. It shouldn't have to be that way since there's obviously no correlation between conference designations in sports like soccer, swimming, and (I think) team tennis.

All alignments except football are one year alignments. This is the same every alignment. Any changes in this year's alignment would only reflect any schools that have either opened or have added soccer.

In 2014-2015, there will be a separate 3A state championship and 3A districts. 4A districts can expect their soccer district to be in alignment with the other sports more or less.

It's all just a Name.

whatever the classification is called is not relevant.

It's the enrollment divisions based on numbers that are being redifined.

No matter what they call it, the highest divisio of enrollment has to be called something, and also the lowest.

If they chose to subdivide, or separate, then renaming is just that.

What is important, is separating the groups into equitable competition.

I won't care what division they call it, as long as it's more similar enrollments, and still feasable for travel.

It could be a problem potentially. There are some 2A schools that have a club team that may not be able to compete in the new 4A/3A as they will remain classified as 2A. I would like to see the UIL open up the new 4A to all schools below 5A. I believe it is how Arkansas has allowed all schools to participate. I know Teneha would like it that way.