Breaking News: Randy McFarlin takes DC job at T.K. Gorman...

Smoaky

Thursday, 28th February 2013 - 8:47AM Breaking News: T.K. Gorman to hire Randy McFarlin as D.C.

Former Whitehouse and Daingerfield High

School Head Football Coach Randy McFarlin will be introduced later today

as the defensive coordinator at Bishop T.K. Gorman High School.

McFarlin, who will be introduced to the students this afternoon told

David Smoak, "I can just do what I love to do, coach football, and I

have always loved the defensive side of the ball." McFarlin continued,

"Some of my favorite days in coaching were as defensive coordinator at

Mount Pleasant High School, coaching, scheming an opponent and watching

the kids get to the football."

McFarlin's contract at Whitehouse was not renewed after nine years as

the AD/Head Coach, and his overall record as a head coach at both

Whitehouse and Daingerfield is 119-61, including a state championship

game appearance while at Daingerfield in 1998 (lost to Newton).

T.K. Gorman Director of Athletics, Jeff Smith told Smoak, "This is

something we've been working on since before Christmas, but Coach

McFarlin wasn't quite ready to make a decision, but he pulled the

trigger this week and we are extremely excited.

T.K. Gorman head football coach Coby Gipson told Smoak, "I am so excited

this worked out, I am pumped that we could get a great coach with so

much experience to work with my staff and impact these

student-athletes." Gipson added, "This is a great day for T.K. Gorman

football."

David Smoak

Son is looking elsewhere. He was told they don't want him back.

Probably a good idea for both the admin as well as the son to part ways. Just my opinion. Probably could cause some issues from both sides! I guess now you know what direction they were wanting to go in Whitehouse now.

Probably a good idea for both the admin as well as the son to part ways. Just my opinion. Probably could cause some issues from both sides! I guess now you know what direction they were wanting to go in Whitehouse now.

Because his father was the victim of backstabbing, does this make the son a backstabber ? Or does the sight of the son remind some people in WH of what they have done ?

Because his father was the victim of backstabbing, does this make the son a backstabber ? Or does the sight of the son remind some people in WH of what they have done ?

Let the people do their job. If you don't like it, use your voting right or go to the board meetings. If you don't live in the district, then it's not your problem. Randy & Craig will be fine. Whitehouse will be fine. Life goes on, changes happen. It's the way of the world.

I don't know anything about the backstabbing but Whitehouse Admin and board did what happens throughout the state every year and did not renew a coach because apparently they didn't feel he was right for their district. ? Are you real close to the situation or even maybe part of the problem?

I don't know anything about the backstabbing but Whitehouse Admin and board did what happens throughout the state every year and did not renew a coach because apparently they didn't feel he was right for their district. ? Are you real close to the situation or even maybe part of the problem?

Truth hurt ?

1st Randy, now his son. If you take it back to Randys father in Fannin county who traded horses with the man I am named after you can blame me. The truth will seek its own level. The rest does not count.

1st Randy, now his son. If you take it back to Randys father in Fannin county who traded horses with the man I am named after you can blame me. The truth will seek its own level. The rest does not count.

Huh? If you take it back to the lady at the corner of 8th and 9th who traded pears for apples who's great great nephew who's dad I was named after you can blame.... What the #### am I saying. It doesn't count anyway!

Thanks for the reference to the Tapps by-laws. While these, I believe, are only by-laws for voluntarily compliance, are there any examples of enforcement of these by-laws?

Yes.

The point of me posting is to show that TAPPS does not allow recruiting. The UIL has recruiting issues as well (Yates, Kimball, AAA Academy, and others) I am not going to put kids names on here or schools who have not been allowed to have their transfers play.

Both associations try to keep a level playing field, but when you have coaches who will look for ways to cheat then that is not completely the associations fault, but the fault of the coaches not following rules.