Breaking News: Randy McFarlin takes DC job at T.K. Gorman...

Smoaky

I agree that more than the schools listed recruit. I really was giving an example of how TAPPS isnt the only one to recruit. Most people just associate those schools. Like I said it is in the rules, the TAPPS and UIL associations work to keep a fair playing field, but if you have coaches or DEC that are willing to find loop holes then it will be a problem. That is also why I put "and others"

I am not saying every TAPPS school is clean or that every UIL school is cheating.

I was simply answering the question that was brought about about proof of rules for TAPPS.

Yes.

The point of me posting is to show that TAPPS does not allow recruiting. The UIL has recruiting issues as well (Yates, Kimball, AAA Academy, and others) I am not going to put kids names on here or schools who have not been allowed to have their transfers play.

Both associations try to keep a level playing field, but when you have coaches who will look for ways to cheat then that is not completely the associations fault, bu.mayt the fault of the coaches not following rules.

We may agree except as for the cure. Some coaches will cheat with recruitment and doping etc unless there is some enforcement action by the associations and/or schools. The collective willingness to look the other way is the problem. Honest coaches who are unwilling to cheat or be a part of cheating are forced out of the profession. So, who do you want around the kids, a cheater or someone who teaches them to work hard and win fair? If you select " win fair", then also put the blame on the school and the association giving lip service only to the rules.

We may agree except as for the cure. Some coaches will cheat with recruitment and doping etc unless there is some enforcement action by the associations and/or schools. The collective willingness to look the other way is the problem. Honest coaches who are unwilling to cheat or be a part of cheating are forced out of the profession. So, who do you want around the kids, a cheater or someone who teaches them to work hard and win fair? If you select " win fair", then also put the blame on the school and the association giving lip service only to the rules.

I think we agree completely. I don't feel that I am arguing. The only reason I posted was to show that TAPPS doesn't allow recruiting. They don't and there have been example of the rules being enforced.

I think we agree completely. I don't feel that I am arguing. The only reason I posted was to show that TAPPS doesn't allow recruiting. They don't and there have been example of the rules being enforced.

Any idea(s) on how to eliminate the cheating ?

In reference to you saying Yates recruits: I'm pretty sure you'd have to include the entire Houston ISD schools in there as well if you are going to call them out. Houston has an "Open Enrollment" policy where kids can apply to and potentially go to any vanguard or magnet schools that they choose.

agree... is this not why its so tough for the bigger schools to get through the Dallas and Houston schools?!

I have a question. Not a McFarland hater. Just wondering due to all of the talk about how he was shafted by WHISD on here and in the local media. If he was a great coach, then why wasn't he picked up by another program? Was it because he decided to just coast into retirement? Or was it due to some behind the scenes issue that is legit? Or was he blackballed by the WH sup.? It just seems strange to me that he didn't get another head job. Henderson comes to mind for me. It is close enough that he would not have to relocate, per se. I know the Marshall people were wanting him as well. This all seems a little weird. A coach with his credentials ending up as a DC at a small private school? Unless of course, he is just coasting into retirement. Which I completely understand.

Best of luck to WHISD and to Coach McFarland in the future.