The Bible Miniseries on History Channel

RETIREDFAN1

I watched it, but was disappointed that they skipped around so much, and left important parts of the stories they told completely out. I'll continue to watch it, though. I'm saving it on my DVR just in case I miss some of it due to other things I have to do.

I did notice a few errors, but there were a few things that didn't sound familiar that I looked up in the Bible while watching it and found them to be true, that I had forgotten. What were some of the errors you noticed Colmes? The only thing I can remember off hand other than stuff being left out for time sake, was when God told Moses to go back to Egypt, he wasn't so happy to go as they showed him to be, he actually didn't want to go... plus I thought the Ninja Angels was a little much... lol

I did notice a few errors, but there were a few things that didn't sound familiar that I looked up in the Bible while watching it and found them to be true, that I had forgotten. What were some of the errors you noticed Colmes? The only thing I can remember off hand other than stuff being left out for time sake, was when God told Moses to go back to Egypt, he wasn't so happy to go as they showed him to be, he actually didn't want to go... plus I thought the Ninja Angels was a little much... lol

Where do I begin??? :lol:..... Sodom was NOT the only city destroyed....Abraham did NOT question God when he was told to sacrifice Isaac.....Sarah did NOT chase them down into the mountain....The rendering of Moses exit from Egypt after he killed the Egyptian was totally incorrect....Moses did NOT live alone in the desert, he married and had kids.....and my main one: WHERE WAS THE PILLAR OF FIRE???? There were so many more :)

Looks like even the "media" noticed......

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/just-how-unbiblical-is-the-bible/

From the article:

"Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald held little back in his criticism, noting, “With the pace of a music video, the characterizations of a comic book and the political-correctness quotient of a Berkeley vegetarian commune – laughably, the destruction of Sodom is depicted without the faintest hint of the sexual peccadillo that takes its name from the city – this production makes Cecil B. DeMille look like a sober theologian.”

Yea I noticed those too, I didn't care for the guy who played Abraham. I thought Moses character did a little better... Another one, They didn't show Noah sending out the raven and dove

Yeah...there were too many to keep track of.....I think its a good exercise to watch it and try to catch all the inaccuracies.... :)