Boys District 19-4A Standings

SamsArmy

Sulphur Springs 6-0

Paris 5-1

SSHS won first meeting vs. Paris, 3-2, with goal in closing minutes. The two schools meet again March 18 at Paris to probably decide the championship. SSHS finishes the season on March 22 at North Lamar, and Paris plays Princeton at a site TBA.

I don't know the exact situation among the other 3 schools, but I believe North Lamar has clinched a playoff spot. I can't find any results between Princeton-Greenville in their first match, but Princeton hosts Greenville on March 18. I think the winner is in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

At the halfway point, it's

• Paris 12 points (3-0-2)
  • Princeton 9 points (2-1-2)
  • Sulphur Springs 9 points (2-1-2)
  • North Lamar 9 points (3-2)
  • Greenville 6 points (2-3)
  • Bonham 0 points (0-5)

Paris had a bad week with just 1 goal scored in regulation vs. Sulphur Springs and Princeton (Cats had been averaging 4-plus goals per match). They beat SSHS in a shootout, then lost to Princeton in shootout. North Lamar, meanwhile, upset SSHS to climb into the 3-way tie for 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Paris has the offense going again after that bad week. Cats beat Sulphur Springs, 4-0, Tuesday to clinch the boys title. it looks like SSHS will finish 2nd and Princeton 3rd.

Paris (21-3-1) has not allowed a goal in regulation in 20 games this season. Unfortunately, realignment will come a year too late for a very talented senior group.

There's lots of bodies left in the program, but they'll be young. The top 2 defenders return, but there will be a big dropoff in finishing skills. I'm very curious how the new soccer alignment will look. Volleyball was officially announced last week. Hopefully, the remaining sports are announced soon.

I think the seeds for this district are settled now:

Boys: 1. Paris, 2. Sulphur Springs, 3. Princeton, 4. North Lamar

Girls: 1: Princeton, 2. Sulphur Springs, 3. North Lamar, 4. Paris

This district is paired with 20-4A for bi-district (Carrollton schools, The Colony, Little Elm, Highland Park). Survivors get the Frisco schools for round 2. Always a tough task.