19-2A Baseball

topher805

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these two teams being in the same district, along with two pretty salty ball clubs in Garrison and Groveton, will help the Elks and Blue Devils in their playoff runs. Both CH and Elkhart will be better than any team they play up to the third and fourth rounds, IMO.

A lot of good baseball in Region III...I think 19-2A and 22-2A are the top two districts overall, but I wouldn't sell a lot of these other teams short. White Oak, Troy, Teague, and Troup will all have a big say in how the playoffs shake out. Probably the deepest Region this year, but Region II and Region IV should have some interesting matchups.

Scenario #1:

CH beats Elkhart---Elkhart & CH play for 1st & 2nd place spots.

Garrison beats Woden and loses to Groveton---Groveton & Garrison play for 3rd place spot.

Scenario #2:

Elkhart beats CH---Elkhart claims 1st place spot. CH finishes up 9-3.

Garrison beats Woden & Groveton. Garrison finishes up 9-3.

CH & Garrison play for 2nd & 3rd place spots.

Scenario #3:

Garrison loses to Woden & Groveton.

Groveton earns 3rd place spot.

Gotta love baseball....too many If's, when's, why's, how's, woulda's, coulda's and shoulda's.

With their win Saturday, Central Heights has clinched at least a share of the district title. An Elkhart loss on Thursday to Crockett would give the Blue Devils the outright title.

Standings:
*Central Heights 10-2

*Elkhart 9-2

Garrison 8-3
Groveton 7-4
Crockett 4-7
Woden 1-10
Westwood 0-11

* - Clinched Playoff Berth

3-19:
Central Heights 4 - Elkhart 1
Groveton 12 - Crockett 3
Garrison def. Woden

3-25/26:
Crockett @ Elkhart
Garrison @ Groveton
Westwood @ Woden

I saw Elkhart is playing in Sunnydale this weekend. Does that mean they are the #1 in district.

Not sure. I haven't heard from Coach Adair about that. I do know that late in the season they like to play a lot of non-district games against some good competition. They played Mildred a couple of weeks ago.

Last year they played Franklin and Palestine before district even ended. Added warm up games against Lindale and Douglass before the playoffs started

CH won the coin toss and will have the 1st round bye. It looks like Elkhart will either play Hemphill or Kirbyville in the first round-depending on the outcomes of tonight's game(s). Also, Elkhart does play Sunnyvale Friday night as a warm-up game, in Van I believe.

Here's the latest as I understand it: Elkhart plays their last District game tonight at home vs. Crockett. They had talked about playing Sunnyvale in Van tomorrow night, but that has been changed. They will now play Dodd City in Sunnyvale tomorrow night. If this changes, I will update asap. Topher may have talked to Adair today and have more details...