2015 football prospects in ET

franksnbeans

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I heard all of last year that he was a sophomore, but I didn't look into it. That's your job, lol. I guess I was wrong. They should have brought him up a year sooner to the varsity in my opinion. He has a lot of natural abilities that could've helped us in '11.

he was on the varsity roster as a soph just wasn't utilized.

Everyone is pretty much aware of the two main players within Longview's 2015 class..QB Dezmond Chumley 6' 188(also a baseball standout) and RB JaMycal Hasty 5'9 184(Had a solid showing at the Houston Nike Sparq Combine back in February)

Others/Honorable Mentions

LG Broderick Washington 6'3 285

LB Jaylon Jackson 6' 200(Had 30 tackles as a backup role..attended the North Texas NLA combine two weeks ago.)

FB/LB Marquies Hunter 5'11 233(Would've probably been on varsity this year had it not been so much depth..did so well on the JV coaches aren't sure were to play him coming into the spring. Wouldn't mind seeing him at LB or FB.)

TE Antonio Carter 6'2 174(Drawing comparisons to former TE standout Adrian Reese..plus Longview has been sending TE's to the next level basically every year)

2016 class is shaping up to be a good one as well..headlined by QB Cameron Castleberry 5'11 161 and WR Jon Sorey 5'11 165(attended the Nike Sparq Combine in LA this past weekend..also has clocked an 11.4 100 on the track). Another name is Tim Clay..OL who's already 6'5 360.

I added Washington and Jackson. Of the four you mentioned, those two are likely to make the most impact this year for the Lobos.

LE rb Donelle Hoof 5'6 190 the kid is solid and has 4.5 speed he started the last three games of his soph year and had over 300 rushing yards. LE had two other kids Jarrion Anderson and Dale Williamson but they moved to t-high look out for them

I added Hoof.

This is a definite homer pick for me but; PG has 3 players from last year's JV team that should help out a bunch.

Connor Lemmerhirt- 6'0 170 lbs, Safety & Wideout. Moved up to V late in the season & picked one off in his first series on D. Also, one heck of a kicker/punter.

Hunter Hatfield- 5'10 185 lbs, LB & QB. Had over 1700 yds from scrimmage, 21 tds. On Defense he had over 80 tackles and about a dozen of them were for a loss.

Jacob Snodgrass- about 6'0 and around 240. Incredible hitter on both sides of the ball & clogs gaps really well.

LE rb Donelle Hoof 5'6 190 the kid is solid and has 4.5 speed he started the last three games of his soph year and had over 300 rushing yards. LE had two other kids Jarrion Anderson and Dale Williamson but they moved to t-high look out for them

Was this kid #22 on the JV team last year? If so, he single handedly put a whipping on the JV. I am thinking he had over 200yds and at least 3 scores.

Was this kid #22 on the JV team last year? If so, he single handedly put a whipping on the JV. I am thinking he had over 200yds and at least 3 scores.

Yes thats him they also have another rb in thier class whos solid

I added Washington and Jackson. Of the four you mentioned, those two are likely to make the most impact this year for the Lobos.

I added Hoof.

Cool!

Some Homer picks....

Chandler Eiland...Canton started QB as a sophomore.

Chase McDermott...sophomore 2 way starter WR and DB for Brookhill..2nd team and 1st team all district.

Blake Maddox LB..sophomore 2-way starter for Brookhill..2nd team all district.

As for JT is concern, the 2015 class is going to be a good group. JT's JV went 9-1 last year with a group of kids made up of 95% sophmores. The best 10 were on the varsity. Here is quick list of 2015 players:

Nick Cain(qb/wr)

Rodney Bendy(6'4 wr, 180lbs)

Isaac Warren(6'2 db/wr 180lbs)

Kendal holmes(ol)

Jassavia Reese(6'4 DE)

Jaylon Reese(6'3 LB)

Jeremy wilson(rb/wr; 4.4 speed)

Geovari McCallister(6'4 QB)

There are more 2015 players, but here are some 2016 that defintely have potential:

Bryson Gipson(rb/wr, 4.4 speed; 10.9 in 100)

Braylon Jones(DE; kid has possibilities)

Donald hampton(OL)

Jordan Devers(WR)

Patrick Williams(WR)

JT is going to be the 4A team at the top of ET for awhile if they keep working and focus.

As for JT is concern, the 2015 class is going to be a good group. JT's JV went 9-1 last year with a group of kids made up of 95% sophmores. The best 10 were on the varsity. Here is quick list of 2015 players:

Nick Cain(qb/wr)

Rodney Bendy(6'4 wr, 180lbs)

Isaac Warren(6'2 db/wr 180lbs)

Kendal holmes(ol)

Jassavia Reese(6'4 DE)

Jaylon Reese(6'3 LB)

Jeremy wilson(rb/wr; 4.4 speed)

Geovari McCallister(6'4 QB)

There are more 2015 players, but here are some 2016 that defintely have potential:

Bryson Gipson(rb/wr, 4.4 speed; 10.9 in 100)

Braylon Jones(DE; kid has possibilities)

Donald hampton(OL)

Jordan Devers(WR)

Patrick Williams(WR)

JT is going to be the 4A team at the top of ET for awhile if they keep working and focus.

Those are good ones

Van Has a few

Wyatt Santos 6'2 1/2 300lbs OL/DL (Strongest Kid in School Right Now )

Layton Myers 5'10 175lbs CB

Andrew Platter 6'0 180lbs WR

Is that Dalton's little brother?

Some Homer picks....

Chandler Eiland...Canton started QB as a sophomore.

Chase McDermott...sophomore 2 way starter WR and DB for Brookhill..2nd team and 1st team all district.

Blake Maddox LB..sophomore 2-way starter for Brookhill..2nd team all district.

I agree with these. McDermott especially.

2 more Tatum Eagles

Martin Williams 6'3" WR - moved from Tatum to Lufkin, now back in Tatum

Devon Boyd 5'10"/175lbs ATH - 1st team All-District OLB and TSWA All-State Honorable Mention

Been hearing about Williams for years. He's got to be like 28 years old. lol

Juwan Banks RB/LB Tyler Lee.... Started out on Varsity behind Laquintas Wallace and Marcus White, then I noticed Coach Piske moved him back to JV. you can actually see some of his JV footage online(google or youtube). Teddy Matlock DE, played Varsity as well as a Sophomore.