2013 Jr/Sr mini camps/showcases coming to East Texas

vonerick

I was hoping someone would put something together like this, I am having trouble gathering this information and really need some help if anyone has info on any college camp in the state. Can't find up to date schedules for summer of 2013 college camps, a lot of them are still posting 2012 schedules. Any help would be appreciated!

Tyler Mean Green Camp $40.00 (TJC)

June 11th

3-7pm

grades 9th -12th

Tyler Junior College, Football Practice Field

1400 S. Palmer Ave, Tyler

Texas State - TJC, 5pm on June 6th

University of North Texas - TJC on June 11th

University of HOuston - TJC on June 26th

Dav watch SFA web site they normally have a lineman camp in July that i have been told is good.

I don't know if they have one that is associated with the school only, as in prospect camp. The Offensive and Defensive Lineman Camp that we went to before is no longer there, 2011 was the last year for it. It was put on by Kenny Ferro, and Pete Jenkins and they have another at Nichols State in Louisiana. They still have the one in LA., but not SFA, they told me SFA didn't want them on the practice field during the summer and the stadium turf was too hot in July, wish they'd have it somewhere else in East Texas, great camp!

I don't know if they have one that is associated with the school only, as in prospect camp. The Offensive and Defensive Lineman Camp that we went to before is no longer there, 2011 was the last year for it. It was put on by Kenny Ferro, and Pete Jenkins and they have another at Nichols State in Louisiana. They still have the one in LA., but not SFA, they told me SFA didn't want them on the practice field during the summer and the stadium turf was too hot in July, wish they'd have it somewhere else in East Texas, great camp!

Excellent camp. My brother went his freshman year and it helped a lot. Learned more there than any other camp he attended throughout high school.

Excellent camp. My brother went his freshman year and it helped a lot. Learned more there than any other camp he attended throughout high school.

Awesome camp, work the mess out of them, film work at night from Pete Jenkins and Kenny Ferro is priceless, and according to my son they had the best and most food of any camp ever!

Texas State - TJC, 5pm on June 6th

University of North Texas - TJC on June 11th

University of HOuston - TJC on June 26th

The Texas State Camp has not been set, I called their office today. They have set the date for the East Texas camp for June 12th, but have not decided on location. The North Texas Camp is confirmed for June 11th from 3pm till 7pm. The University of Houston Camp is on June 26th, registration at 2 pm, camp is from 3 pm to 5:30 pm.

The Texas State Camp has not been set, I called their office today. They have set the date for the East Texas camp for June 12th, but have not decided on location. The North Texas Camp is confirmed for June 11th from 3pm till 7pm. The University of Houston Camp is on June 26th, registration at 2 pm, camp is from 3 pm to 5:30 pm.

Other than north texas does anyone know the cost of the other camps?

Any truth to a recent NCAA rule change that disallows colleges from having camps off their campuses? If this new rule is true, their will be no camps in East Texas other than SFA's in Nac. Can someone shed light on this new rule.

Any truth to a recent NCAA rule change that disallows colleges from having camps off their campuses? If this new rule is true, their will be no camps in East Texas other than SFA's in Nac. Can someone shed light on this new rule.

I know that several have posted information on their websites about their camps in East Texas this summer.

I am wondering.....do Texas H.S. Coaches let their "good" players go off to other states and do the "padded" camps?.....seems to me they are putting their kids at risk of getting hurt....I know my son was wanting to go to a "padded" camp and his Hd. coach said "I would "prefer" you NOT GO to a "padded" camp.....seems to me...it would give them a leg up on 2-a-days...especially late in the summer.....I know some states don't have athletic period and full teams go to "CAMP"....to get an "edge"....@$250 a pop...SOMEBODY IS GETTING AHEAD!!!!

I am wondering.....do Texas H.S. Coaches let their "good" players go off to other states and do the "padded" camps?.....seems to me they are putting their kids at risk of getting hurt....I know my son was wanting to go to a "padded" camp and his Hd. coach said "I would "prefer" you NOT GO to a "padded" camp.....seems to me...it would give them a leg up on 2-a-days...especially late in the summer.....I know some states don't have athletic period and full teams go to "CAMP"....to get an "edge"....@$250 a pop...SOMEBODY IS GETTING AHEAD!!!!

I haven't been to a full pad camp with my son who is a lineman, but we have went to several that used shoulder pads and helmets, and several that was just helmets. Regardless of if they have pads or not during their one on one drills they get pretty rough, full pad rough sometime. I can understand why his coach would "Prefer" that he not go to a padded camp, but he may be actually safer if he did. Most of the camps we have went to do alot of technique work, which is just rep after rep, muscle memory stuff. The 1 on 1 drills are generally the only time they purposely have contact, speaking from a lineman standpoint. If its a multiday camp of any quality at all thats a pretty good deal compared to most that we have been to, our cheapest multiday camp with room and board was about $350 a couple of years ago. Try adding up a $800 camp, a weeks worth of motels and eating out, and an 2,400 mile road trip across country, and you'll get an idea of our typical summer vacation...aka football camp, lol! But I wouldn't want it any other way as long as he's getting something from it.

Haven't heard about the rule of not allowing in-state colleges hold camp off thier campus. But a couple years ago the NCAA stop allowing colleges to hold camp out of their own state. OSU had to stop holding a camp in Kilgore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Texas State Camp will be at Kilgore High School on June 12th. Cost is $50 to pre-register, $55 walk up. Regisration is at 4pm, camp is from 5-8pm.

Here's the link: http://www.txstatebobcats.com/sports/2011/3/30/FB_0330114436.aspx?id=265