14-4A Baseball and Softball Scores and Standings

Mavchamp

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sulphur Springs beat Mount Pleasant 3-2 in both games, Pine Tree beat Texas High 8-2 in baseball, and although it's never good to assume, I'm going to do so in thinking Texas High girls beat Pine Tree.

Softball

Hallsville 6-1; Sulphur Springs 5-2; Texas High 5-2; Marshall 3-4; Mount Pleasant 2-5; Pine Tree 0-7

Sulphur Springs and Texas High duke it out for second place on Friday, while Marshall hosts a huge game against Mount Pleasant.

Baseball

Hallsville 5-1; Pine Tree 4-2; Sulphur Springs 3-3; Mount Pleasant 3-3; Texas High 2-4; Marshall 1-5

First place on the line Friday night with Pine Tree traveling to Hallsville, while Texas High and Marshall try to stay alive with games against Sulphur Springs and Mount Pleasant, respectively.

Think this is correct!

With 2 games left:

Pine Tree 6-2

MP 5-3

Sulphur Springs 5-3

Hallsville 5-3

Texas High 2-6

Marshall 1-7

T High and Marshall are eliminated

Now its a race for seeding.....this gonna be great!

District championship still up for grabs....anything can happen!

Softball- Tuesday

Hallsville beat SS 9-2

Marshall beat PT 10-3

Tex High beat MP

Standings heading into the Regular Season Finale Friday

Hallsville 8-1

Texarkana 7-2

Sulphur Springs 5-4

Marshall 4-5

Mt. Pleasant 3-6

Pine Tree 0-9

The playoff race is coming down to the finale. Hallsville can clinch the district title with a win over MP Friday night. However, if the Lady Tigers can pull off an upset it could open the door for Texarkana to sneak into a tie for the top spot. A MP loss to Hallsville woud eliminate them, clinching the #4 spot for Marshall, who will be facing Texas High. Marshall has a one game lead over MP heading into the finale. MP would need an upset over Hallsville and a Marshall loss to Texas High to force a tie and a playoff. They split with the Lady Mavs in their series. Sulpur Springs can clinch the #3 spot with a win over PT, who has been eliminated.

Baseball

Pine Tree 6-2, 18-10
MP 5-3, 15-9
Sulphur Springs 5-3, 15-7-1
Hallsville 5-3, 21-5
Texas High 2-6, 14-11
Marshall 1-7, 8-18

This race is a log-jam, so let's simplify it. Marshall and Texas High's game on Friday is meaningless (so to speak) as both have already been eliminated from the post season race.

PT has a paper-thin one game lead over MP, SS, and Hallsville. This means the remaining two games are huge as each team could finish anywhere from being district champs....to being in fourh place if they slip up.

MP Vs. Hallsville- This is a big game. The Tigers out-dueled the Bobcats 1-0 in their first meeting. The winner of this game will be looking to eithe keep pace with PT, or possibly pull in to a tie for first place if SS can pull out a win over the Pirates. The loser of this game will fall out of contention for the district title. However, will still advance to the playoffs.

SS Vs. PT- Also another big game. SS won the first matchup by holding on to a wild 7-6 win. After leading 7-1 after 2 innings the Pirates made things interesting by pulling within a run. A SS win would pull the Wildcats into a tie for first with the Pirates, but they would hold a tie breaker over PT with the sweep. A PT win would keep them all alone in first place headed into the finale on Tuesday.

Two great races.....several huge games on Friday for the men and the ladies. Head out and support them. They deserve it.

This is a good district! with a few exceptions every game has been close. I think overall the teams are evenly matched. MP has pitched well and played good defense. The bats have off and on. If they can get the sticks going, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Five of the six teams in the district have winning records. And even struggling Marshall has been in just about every game. There have been very few blowouts in this district.

I think there's a lot of talent in the district...... and all in all the teams are all pretty close. The standings prove that.

And your point is what? Errors is what has killed this team and eventually caused games to be given away. That has no relevance on whether non district is easy.

When a sentence ends with a question it's usually not making a point! But since you want me to make a point. 1. You have more losses in district than in preseason. 2. Great teams don't beat themselves they get beat by better teams 3. Take more ground balls and fly balls and fix the error problems!! 4. Great teams start getting to their peak the last several district games.

When a sentence ends with a question it's usually not making a point! But since you want me to make a point. 1. You have more losses in district than in preseason. 2. Great teams don't beat themselves they get beat by better teams 3. Take more ground balls and fly balls and fix the error problems!! 4. Great teams start getting to their peak the last several district games.

Wow. Man got told. Lol.

Are we calling out Hallsville now children? Grow up! I sense a little bit of animosity from some of the people on this post. They have the same record as two other teams in district, are a meager game out of first place and are playing a team they lost to by a whopping 1-0 margin in their first meeting. This is a good district, but will it shake off the ghosts of 14-4A playoff pasts in other sports? We'll see. Bud, when did he ever say they were a great team? Did I miss this post? No. 1 Correct (simple math), No. 2 Even the greatest of teams beat themselves on certain nights (don't kid yourself). No. 3 I'm guessing Hallsville coaches don't spend enough time on ground balls and fly balls, b/c if they did, there would be absolutely no errors, and I guess you're saying PT earned every single run it got in its 9-7 win b/c it was simply better than Hallsville (again, don't kid yourself), 4. It might be true about great teams, but again unless I missed it (and I apologize right now if I did), I didn't see anyone on here saying they're great.

The rematch between Hallsville and MP will be a great game. The last game was marked by good pitching and good defense. The only run was scored on a wild pitch. MP left 6 runners in scoring position. Hallsville stranded a few runners as well. MP threw their number 2 guy last time out and he pitched very well. concerning errors....they are part of the game...overcoming them is the key. At this stage of the season it's not the physical errors (booting a ground ball, etc.) that will kill you it's the mental errors (not hitting the cutoff man, throwing to the wrong base, missing a sign,etc.) Those mental errors are the ones that drive coaches nuts!

This is a good district with good teams.