16-3A baseball

z2t4

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the tie breaker "if" there was a tie for District title?

Play a game or a coin flip is my guess for seeding.

Most coaches would want to play but some coaches might look ahead in playoff brackets and see who to avoid.

They had 12 hits against Bullard Tuesday night. Had 8 against SH Friday and 7 in the loss to Gilmer.

I know that doesn't seem like a bunch, but they've outscored the Lady Lions during the second round of district play. The Lady Lions are averaging 5.2 runs per game while the boys are averaging 6.3.

we should prolly put some of our softball players on the baseball team since they seem like the only ones that know how to hit a ball...tisk tisk

Gilmer beat Bullard, 2-1, with a walk off, 2 run single in the bottom of the 7th! Great game by both teams. Was 0-0 until the 5th I think when Bullard scored to go up 1-0. Gilmer had one hit going into the 7th, then loaded the bases with a hit and some walks, before winning it 2-1 to claim the District Championship and a Round 1 bye.

Not sure the last time Gilmer won a District Championship in baseball or the last time in football and baseball in the same year. Great memories for this senior class.

Congratulations to Coach Henry and the Buckeye players and coaches!

Gilmer beat Bullard, 2-1, with a walk off, 2 run single in the bottom of the 7th! Great game by both teams. Was 0-0 until the 5th I think when Bullard scored to go up 1-0. Gilmer had one hit going into the 7th, then loaded the bases with a hit and some walks, before winning it 2-1 to claim the District Championship and a Round 1 bye.

Not sure the last time Gilmer won a District Championship in baseball or the last time in football and baseball in the same year. Great memories for this senior class.

Congratulations to Coach Henry and the Buckeye players and coaches!

Congrats to a great effort...proud of you Bux...add District Track Championship & a perfect District Play in basketball...WOW!!!