United State v Costa Rica

bordertown

Did not watch the game, but what I saw in the highlights - the game should have been postphoned in fairness to the importance of the game. While the national teams may or may not have wanted to play, the referee should have called the match. It appeared the players were being put at a high risk of injury.

wahhh.....so it was snowing a little....real men play a real sport IN THE SNOW every REAL football season..... :P

Online I watch matches in Germany, The Netherlands, France, Italy,, etc. all the time played in the snow by some of these guys or guys just like them...professional soccer players.

I don't think you can blame this on the ref. This was not a match of high school or college kids, but of professionals who do this for a living. He (the ref) deferred to their professional experience and wishes to continue. Hhs4sho is right...Costa Rica lost and the coach is crying about it.

Another reason not to postpone was trying to reschedule a date where some of these guys didn't have conflicts with their club teams around the world. The W.C. qualifiers are scheduled months, if not years in advance.