Kilgore vs Wakeland regional semi final.

sugarpepa

Wakeland's coach was pathetic. He need nothing but cut down the officials the entire game. I sat on the home side (Kilgore fan, oops) and after every whistle he'd walk towards the linesman and tell him to be a man etc.

Wakeland was a solid team and for the entire second half dominated possession but seemed to just fall apart inside Kilgore's 20. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Kilgore using 5 defenders for much of the second.

I didn't see any sense of urgency from Wakeland at any point. There was a time under 3 minutes they had 4 defenders back with Kilgore's lone forward as they were on the attack.

Worst of all, Wakeland took a cheap shot of Kilgore's keeper and he was down for a while, moved the goal posts back about a foot. The Wakeland fans (mostly HS kids) erupt in cheering after the Wakeland player was carded. Still, Kilgore did well to keep their cool. They played calm like they knew they were going to win the entire game, despite all the talk about them being such under dogs.

The 1-0 win marked Kilgore's 17th shutout of the season in 28 games, very impressive.

I just get so sick of the soccer elitism if that is a word that comes out of the dfw area like we don't belong and I know the sports reporters in the area give us no respect what so ever! 4 years IN A ROW we have crashed there party and before this year mount pleasant was there for 3 of them so you had 2 east teams in the regional tournament and the travel required for us is a burden for us as well. I think the refs have finally started to show us respect its about time the teams did to. Of course we are from Podunk high school what do we know! Sorry for the ramble!

Lets not act like Kilgore hasn't received its share of "helpful" officiating in the playoffs. Their toughest playoff game so far comes to mind as a great example

My comment is in reference to the post made about Wakeland's coach griping at the refs all the time.

Lets not act like Kilgore hasn't received its share of "helpful" officiating in the playoffs. Their toughest playoff game so far comes to mind as a great example

My comment is in reference to the post made about Wakeland's coach griping at the refs all the time.

I don't know what you're even trying to say. Do you really think those Dallas officials are going to show a little team from ETX any love? Idc what the coaches views on the officials were, but he needs to set a positive example to his kids on sportsmanship. Questioning the linesman's manhood is not the way to do that..

I was not talking about the Dallas officials. I was specifically referring to one of Kilgore's earlier playoff games that I watched in East Texas, against another East Texas team.

I don't know what the Wakeland coach was saying or what he was upset about. I am not condoning any words that were used or any actions that took place. I was just saying that the post about him getting upset at the officiating during game is why I commented on the thread.

Don't forget lindale played in the regional finals also in 09

Why is that important?????

Mount Pleasant, Kilgore, and Palestine have made it to state. Maybe forgeting a few. Are you telling us Lindale's shortcomings?

I don't know what you're even trying to say. Do you really think those Dallas officials are going to show a little team from ETX any love? Idc what the coaches views on the officials were, but he needs to set a positive example to his kids on sportsmanship. Questioning the linesman's manhood is not the way to do that..

dallas officials are not used at the Region 2 Tournament. Officials from other regions are sent to a different region to ref these games. Example for those who dont follow is region 1 refs doing region 3 games while region 3 refs do region 1 games.

No injuries hurt lindale. I am looking at officiating being consist ant .if u card one then u card the other for doing same thing. Not just talk to them. At the end of a game a foul is still a foul .Taking a kid down from behind is still a big foul whether it changes a game or not. I watched a coach get a red card this year and had never received a red in his career.Just because this kid wanted to throw some power around.

I really hope the officiating gets better in the future to come .Some of the refs are on a power trip right now and being very one sided in a lot of games I have seen.

Have you ever tried it?

Just asking.

Your comments seem to have bias of a non-ref.

Not knowing individual situations, it is hard to validate or deny your allegations, but usually when people generalize, there is a tendancy to look from one side, and having sat in many matches in many roles, it usually involves the sode that did not win.

I have seen matches where both sides were livid with officiating, those may have merit.

Not saying they all are 100% correct, but they are only human.

We do well to remember that.

Yes I have tried it for many years . Nit biased at all was just there watching a game and many games. The one in perticular the coach is a very good friend of mine and know how he conducts himself.

Good to know. Lots of people haven't seen games from all sides. Makes for a whole different outlook.

I know I would be a much better coach after having stood in the center.

Or at least different...

Have you ever tried it?

Just asking.

Your comments seem to have bias of a non-ref.

Not knowing individual situations, it is hard to validate or deny your allegations, but usually when people generalize, there is a tendancy to look from one side, and having sat in many matches in many roles, it usually involves the sode that did not win.

I have seen matches where both sides were livid with officiating, those may have merit.

Not saying they all are 100% correct, but they are only human.

We do well to remember that.

When you talk about teams and players there are some that are more dedicated than others and that usually translates to their teams being better than other teams. The same goes for refs, some are more dedicated to their craft with the way they train and study the game. Not knocking anybody who refs because they are all needed but just as the better teams play in the regional and state tournaments the refs who are the best should be there as well. Just by looking at the physical traits of some of the refs it is very obvious that some that ref these games are not the highest level refs there are. And yes I am saying that refs need to be in really good to great shape to be the best. The source of the problem is how the refs are selected to do these games. The UIL contacts a chapter and the assigner or people in charge of that chapter pick the refs. Often times choosing themselves or whoever they like the best or who they feel is the best. In my opinion the UIL needs to figure out a better way and the quality of the officiating in theses games is the base for my argument.

I agree

When you talk about teams and players there are some that are more dedicated than others and that usually translates to their teams being better than other teams. The same goes for refs, some are more dedicated to their craft with the way they train and study the game. Not knocking anybody who refs because they are all needed but just as the better teams play in the regional and state tournaments the refs who are the best should be there as well. Just by looking at the physical traits of some of the refs it is very obvious that some that ref these games are not the highest level refs there are. And yes I am saying that refs need to be in really good to great shape to be the best. The source of the problem is how the refs are selected to do these games. The UIL contacts a chapter and the assigner or people in charge of that chapter pick the refs. Often times choosing themselves or whoever they like the best or who they feel is the best. In my opinion the UIL needs to figure out a better way and the quality of the officiating in theses games is the base for my argument.

I agree with your concept.

I myself, have limited my participation in recent years to the level of soccer for which I am physically capable of giving my best game. Law Five does not just require my knowledge of the LOTG, but that I be able to keep up with the level of physical ability of the match.

Sadly, I have let myself go, and also sustained some injuries that do not allow me to keep up with the teens and their fast pace.

Even more sad, is the lack of those who are able to do so, and still willing to put up with us fans. (yea, I'm a vocal one, too).

The numbers are such that sometimes we are left with a dual, or with willing people who are more in my generation than the players' age range. Game film shows position suffers from this lack of speed and endurance. Add onto it, any perceived egos and or attitudes, and I can see what Taz meant.

I need to get my assets back in shape!