1A, Region 3 Softball

Maverick1673

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill ride or die with Joaquin. Huge fan of Jordan Welch. Great kid and catcher. She works very hard and can smack the ball. I hear good things about Alto. I think Joaquin can make it to see em.

Greezy, do you know where/when the Joaquin vs Mt Enterprise game(s) will be played?

I heard monday in joaquin at 7. But I need confirmation.

Three Horse Race....

Harleton, Avery, or Beckville

Harleton down from 2A, Avery went to Regional Semifinals last year and only graduated 1, & Beckville has a Run Scoring Machine

I believe Alto brought back a lot from a successful team last year. Grapeland lost just two players from last year and the bulk of this team were sophomores when the Sandiettes were State Runner-Up. If they can get their pitching to hold up, they can be there in the end.

Avery is strong. Slocum beat Grapeland twice this season and has to be the favorite behind high-scoring Beckville?

Slocum has been hit and miss this year. They beat Grapeland 1-0 in Grapeland and won 8-2 in Slocum. Grapeland was without five starters during that game due to Regional Golf.

Slocum has a very good pitcher, but they don't have a high scoring offense to keep up. It is going to take a very good team to beat Beckville.

No doubt, nobody has the as player close to Lindsey, or the depth and confidence of Beckville. It's a formality and a race for 2nd place.

Taylor is amazing. Still think J. Welch is on her level. Her play behind the plate is elite.

Guys this region is loaded.

Honestly Im just a cheerleader at this point and thats ok. Only gotten to go to 2 games all year and both times it was Joaquin/Beckville. I feel like when Joaquin is "on", they have a chance.

Dude quit crying and getting butt hurt because im speaking the truth. So im guessing your only counting the over throws and missed ground balls. What about all the catchable balls in the outfield that shoupd have been caught in the harleton game. The three in left field, two in right field and tje couple right behind the infield. Lastnight game was just as bad. I got my facts from somebody that keeps her on books and I know there correct.

Why I was not at the game lastnighg was because I choose to speak up for a kid thats been working her butt off all year and the coach has not giving her a chance at all. Because she is not the coaches bestfriend and gets put on varsity no matter what. I could keep going but im going to stop now.

WELL!! Sounds like J needs to be writing for a publication where his opinions and objections might be read with a little respect. I will state this so it is easy to understand my take on Yuga SB. In the last few yrs I have come to know the Cayuga sb coach very well. We have spent many hours talking athletics, kids, life and our spiritual convictions and beliefs. I KNOW HER VERY WELL. She will not, can not, play "friends" over better athletes. I haven't seen many coaches in my many years of coaching,and watching other coaches, who would jeopardize the team by playing a "FAVORITE"!!! She is one of my best friends, probably my best friend. She treats the kids with love, discipline and respect. From experience: the hardest thing for an athlete to handle is when a family member is constantly Complaing, berating, criticizing their coach. Coaches coach and Fans need to fan. Even when the fan is family.

WELL!! Sounds like J needs to be writing for a publication where his opinions and objections might be read with a little respect. I will state this so it is easy to understand my take on Yuga SB. In the last few yrs I have come to know the Cayuga sb coach very well. We have spent many hours talking athletics, kids, life and our spiritual convictions and beliefs. I KNOW HER VERY WELL. She will not, can not, play "friends" over better athletes. I haven't seen many coaches in my many years of coaching,and watching other coaches, who would jeopardize the team by playing a "FAVORITE"!!! She is one of my best friends, probably my best friend. She treats the kids with love, discipline and respect. From experience: the hardest thing for an athlete to handle is when a family member is constantly Complaing, berating, criticizing their coach. Coaches coach and Fans need to fan. Even when the fan is family.

very good post.

1A Region III Area Finals

Lovelady vs. #4 Harleton

Game 1: Friday, May 3, 5:00 pm, Bullard HS

Game 2: Friday, May 3, 30 minutes after Game 1

Game 3 (If necessary): Saturday, May, 4, 1:30 pm, Bullard HS

Bi-District results:

Lovelady 4 - Neches 3

Harleton - Bye