1A, Region 3 Softball

Maverick1673

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grapeland possibly having to forfiet tonight's game against Avery. 13 players on roster, and five are at the State Golf Tourney, that leaves the Sandiettes with eight active players for Game 1 tonight.

Dang

Unless there is a late change, it looks like the forfeit is on...Sad that they couldn't find an alternative to avoid this situation...

apparently avery coach is a d-bag?

Yeah, I hear he has a lot of pull with the UIL, NOT!!!! That's a stupid remark all schools face these situations, UIL sets the rules and schedules. The man back the time up, guess that wasn't enough to satisfy everyone.

apparently avery coach is a d-bag?

1A Region III Area Finals

Slocum 8 - Maud 2

1A Region III Quarterfinals

Slocum vs. #4 Harleton

Time, Place, Location TBD

About the Avery coach being a d-bag, I don't see that. I wish there was more that everyone could do to keep Grapeland from giving up a free win, but it is what it is I guess. I really wish UIL would have extended the deadline, and allowed the series to be finished Monday. Grapeland girls are having to book it back tonight when their rounds didn't end until well after 6. Will have to get up and ride all the way to Tatum early.

Ignorance is Bliss sometimes... Or Golden... but anyways, I digress...

Don't judge a man you don't know, especially if you obviously do not know the whole story.

All Grapeland had to do was find one girl in the entire HS to suit up for the first pitch. You can play with 8, just have to have 9 to start!

Avery won the flip, then proceeded to change the time to 8:00pm to try to help Grapeland. Grapeland Coach agreed to the site and times!

Avery Coach did all he could without punishing his own team.

There are more than 12 girls at Grapeland HS.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow... But as I said last week... Three Horse Race

Harleton, Beckville, & Avery...

Alto would be in top four... Just my opinion!

topher805, you are hearing right. We took it pretty hard on the chin tonight from Harleton. They have a squad!!! One of the most complete teams in all phases of the game, I have seen regardless of classification. Impressive group of girls. No disrespect to our fellow district teams, Grapeland and Slocum, but girls, you will have your hands full with this bunch! Hands down my pick to win it all this year! Good luck Harleton, from this Lovelady Lion.

topher805, you are hearing right. We took it pretty hard on the chin tonight from Harleton. They have a squad!!! One of the most complete teams in all phases of the game, I have seen regardless of classification. Impressive group of girls. No disrespect to our fellow district teams, Grapeland and Slocum, but girls, you will have your hands full with this bunch! Hands down my pick to win it all this year! Good luck Harleton, from this Lovelady Lion.

Very solid!! Yuga played them in a warmup and it wasn't pretty.

Joaquin is in a very good position, flying under the radar, and few people know about the obstacles they have faced so far. getting hot and finally hitting their stride at the right time. shhhh quiet.

just swept a good team imho.

Grapeland 3- Avery 0

Grapeland 8 - Avery 2

Grapeland wins series 2-1

Regional Quarterfinals

Grapeland vs. Cayuga

nice. I'll take grapeland in this one.