Elkhart vs Sabine, Friday and Saturday, TBD

Guest troup7on7

No sense in playing these games then. Elkhart12 done called. Oh wait a minute these are teenagers and anything can happen. Not predicting just saying cockiness sometimes will get you beat.

No sense in playing these games then. Elkhart12 done called. Oh wait a minute these are teenagers and anything can happen. Not predicting just saying cockiness sometimes will get you beat.

I can promise you none of the Elk's players feel cocky about this series with Sabine. After all the errors that were committed last Thursday night - and the inability to hit the ball - we certainly realize how quickly things can go south. 2A baseball has some of the best talent in UIL with athletes like Twine being drafted big DI. It's an honor to have had the success we've had and we realize we have to bring our best game in order to compete.

And to give my two cents worth on the Twine issue, I was also told that Twine told his coach he didn't want to pitch against us in game 3. I don't know if that's true or not. However, I can tell you he played short all-out. Even at the end of the game when it had become pretty obvious what the outcome was going to be, he charged the ball and made the throw running full-out and dead-on to first. He didn't let up but rather played hard to the end. Kinda hard to believe that someone with that mentality didn't want to take the mound...

Sabine, you do have our respect.

And best of luck to the Elks as they fight hard to move on.

I don't think elkhart12 means any disrespect to Sabine. That cockiness shouldn't effect the Elks since elkhart12 doesn't play for them any longer. But I'm sure the Elks appreciate the vote of confidence. Everyone (even elkhart12) knows anyone can get beat any given day. And just because Elkhart beat Sabine in the past doesn't have anything to do with The Area Round of Elks-vs-Sabine. I think the Elks get it done in 2 but they will need to bring their "A" game. Good luck!

I'll go as far as to say, run rule by the 5th inning both games! Got faith in my Elks!

I almost made the same post in the CH vs Troup thread but didn't because I figured it would stir things up. Even just picking CH in two seemed to raise an eye brow. But maybe thats what is needed considering these threads have died behind " what is best football stadium to take a leak at"...

Not 100% sure, but I don't think Elhkart has lost to Sabine in their last six meetings at least. Dukes will give Elkhart a good game in Game 1, but after that Elkhart should be in solid control. If Elkhart wins game 1, it will be a sweep. If Sabine wins game 1, it will go three games.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think Elhkart has lost to Sabine in their last six meetings at least. Dukes will give Elkhart a good game in Game 1, but after that Elkhart should be in solid control. If Elkhart wins game 1, it will be a sweep. If Sabine wins game 1, it will go three games.

Great info - thanks

Elkhart beat Sabine bad twice in district last year, but Sabine is much better than last year. Elkhart did not face Dukes last year from what I understand....

Winning district over Troup shows how much Sabine has come along. Troup was supposed to be far and away the best and Sabine has used pitching and defense to spur their run. It should be a good series to watch. It will be interesting to see if the weather has any effect on the series.

Guest troup7on7

Wow you both win one game and you already gonna match up in regional finals. Thats good to know that means i dont have to go to kilgore tomorrow.