TASCO All-State & All-Region (East Texas Kids)

Sandman

TASCO All-State & All-Region

All-State

5A Boys

GK Miguel Cabrera (12)- Longview (2nd Team)

F Luis Garcia (12)- Lufkin (HM)

4A Boys

GK Jose Cabrera (12)- Palestine (1st Team)

D Erick Robles (12)- Sulphur Springs (2nd Team)

F Tony Bravo (12)- Sulphur Springs (HM)

All-Region

5A Boys (Region II)

D Alan Flores (11)- Longview (1st)

D Tim Anderson (12)- Lufkin (1st)

F Leo Perez (11)- Longview (1st)

MF Eduardo Barron (12)- Longview (1st)

F Lumi Kaba (12)- Tyler Lee (2nd)

D George Martinez (12)- Tyler Lee (HM)

MF Giovanni Sosa (12)- Tyler Lee (HM)

4A Boys (Region II)

MF Jose Garcia (12)- Sulphur Springs (1st)

MF Riley Alvey (12)- Lindale (2nd)

4A Boys (Region III)

D Paul Webb (12)- Palestine (1st)

F Kaleb Garcia (12)- Palestine (1st)

5A Girls (Region II)

MF Moriah Phillips (12)- Lufkin (1st)

F Shelby Smitherman (12)- Lufkin (2nd)

4A Girls (Region II)

F Savannah Henderson (12)- Mabank (1st)

GK Bailey Swain (10)- Mabank (2nd)

D Vivian Duong (12)- Mabank (HM)

D Cheyenne Sepulvada (11)- Texas High (HM)

F Lacee Blakeley (12)- Hallsville (HM)

4A Girls (Region III)

D Danielle Harroff (11)- Palestine (HM)

• 11 months later...

It was a simple question for a simple mind. I guess I was wrong.

Its obvious its an organization and I was just wondering what it stood for.

I just don't understand why some ET kids are on this list but several ones that might be better aren't on here. If you think that is calling you out then you must be one of the coaches that doesn't do what you should do.

I just don't understand why some ET kids are on this list but several ones that might be better aren't on here. If you think that is calling you out then you must be one of the coaches that doesn't do what you should do.

There are a lot of politics in naming these teams. Tasco is an organization that requires payment to be a member of. Some schools will pay the fee for their coaches and some schools will not. Tasco does its best I guess to support coaches but I have heard that most coaches feel they recieve no benifits from the money that is sent and dont feel it is a good investment. A lot of coaches struggle financially and its really not fair of someone to qustion them saying what is their excuse. I know my coach always was putting his own money in the program but always put it where he felt it was needed to help the program.

I believe your question was directed at me, so I will respond.

1. The Tyler All-East Texas Team came from a pool of 27 Schools (2-5A and 25-4A). I was in theory put together by the sports department of the paper. The issue I personally had was player that was named his district's MVP was not on the list (including honorable mention). Yet other players in the district were mentioned. My primary beef was I was an all Tyler Morning News readership team, not an all East Texas team and should be presented as such. I do not expect the young man to be an All- Tyler Morning News Team, as they no do have any circulation of note in the city the young man resides.

2. The TASCO 4A Region II was selected from a 78 schools or approximately 3X as many schools coming from 13 districts including a number of North Dallas districts. In theory their are 11 field player and 7 bench players on a team. There was not one player mentioned in the list from the district I was referring to so I have can not make the same correlation. Not all MVPs are going to be All-region. And I agree the TASCO list has alot of politics.

I hope I have differentiated the two lists.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of politics in naming these teams. Tasco is an organization that requires payment to be a member of. Some schools will pay the fee for their coaches and some schools will not. Tasco does its best I guess to support coaches but I have heard that most coaches feel they recieve no benifits from the money that is sent and dont feel it is a good investment. A lot of coaches struggle financially and its really not fair of someone to qustion them saying what is their excuse. I know my coach always was putting his own money in the program but always put it where he felt it was needed to help the program.

How is it politics when coaches aren't nominating kids? I believe newspapers are cutting back so less people to cover sports stories. In return maybe coaches need to get off their rears and do a little leg work. As far as Tasco maybe have a little brainstorming to come up with the little money to join. It's all excuses for SOME coaches for not going the extra mile for their players.