Mock Realignment projections 2014

cujoforlife

Which has been more one sided...Lobos over Mavs or Lufkin over Nac ?

Lufkin-Nac. You think the beatdowns the Lobos have been giving Marshall were anything.. Lufkin has the folks down in NAC utterly hating football. Lol

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lufkin-Nac. You think the beatdowns the Lobos have been giving Marshall were anything.. Lufkin has the folks down in NAC utterly hating football. Lol

Reminds me of the meaning of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again the same way and looking for a different result.

It took a lot of digging but I found the alignment they proposed for East Texas 4A:

District 6 (4A DIV II)

Hallsville

Henderson

Jacksonville

Kilgore

Lindale

Longview Pine Tree

Mount Pleasant

Whitehouse

That's an awesome district as far as travel goes. Of course that is based on 2008 numbers. So you might drop Kilgore out of the mix. MP is the only one of that group that would have significant travel.

District 8 (4A DIV I)

Longview

Marshall

Nacogdoches

Rockwall

Rockwall-Heath

Texarkana Texas

This was a "study" done back in 2008. It was met on SDC (for just about all classes) with moans. I thought it was Rowlett schools, but it was Rockwall (which I beleive are firmly 5A now). Again...this was a 2008 study, so things have changed.

Here is the broken link for those that know how to make those work again....LOL:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/football/football_align_study.html

These are the numbers that the old coach page had posted on it:

SPLIT CONFERENCE FOOTBALL ALIGNMENT STUDY - DRAFT

This is a draft of a plan that could split football conferences into two

divisions. This is not a proposal by UIL staff, nor has it been

approved by the UIL Legislative Council.

The study of a split conference alignment plan for football is complete. This plan

divides each conference into two divisions in football. The largest half of each

conference is grouped into a division and the smaller half of the conference is divided into a separate division. The large school division has 16 districts and the smallest half of each conference has 16 districts. Approximately six to eight schools are placed into each district. The same number of schools from each district advance to the playoffs. Twelve champions would be crowned as is done currently.

Possible Advantages:

Provides more clarity and less confusion regarding who is Division I and who is

Division II.

Clearly defines divisions prior to the season rather than at the end of district play.

Creates more equity in relation to the largest and smallest school within a

division.

Eliminates two schools with the largest enrollments in the state advancing to the

playoffs in the smaller enrollment division.

Eliminates the smallest schools in a conference grouped with the largest schools

in a conference.

Possible Disadvantges:

Additional travel.

Other team sport activities could want the same division alignment.

Creates an additional group of schools that will be the smallest within a division.

Creates administrative inconvenience.

Scheduling issues could occur in multi-school districts that share stadiums.

The UIL staff presented the concept to the Legislative Council in June and October.

The Council authorized this study to provide information regarding the actual

placement of schools into districts. This draft is for study purposes only and

applies only to football.

Conference -Enrollment -Range -Number of schools

5A Division 1 -2565 and above -123

5A Division 2 -2085 - 2564 -123

4A Division 1 -1520 - 2084 -120

4A Division 2 -980 - 1519 -121

3A Division 1 -629 - 979 -89

3A Division 2 -430 - 628 -88

2A Division 1 -292 - 429 -103

2A Division 2 -200 - 291 -102

1A Division 1 -155 - 199 -82

1A Division 2 -100 - 154 -82

Not sure how that changes with 6A coming next year. Especially when the change is in name only.

How different would Longview's district look if they fell into a district 5A Div II??? Who in their district would bump up to a Div I district and who would be left???

Marshall would be on the bubble between 4A Div I and II. So they could fall in to a district with Texas High, JT and Nac.... but who else would there be??? No one else is even close to 1500 and up....maybe MP.

Then Halls, PT, WH, Jax, SS......

These numbers would have to change somewhat from 2008 to now.

MP is right at that split as well. They will b right at the 1500 mark this year with the fresh class comin in.

LoL Last year game against LP/Nac was brutal . The only reason why Nac even scored was the Ref let an obvious holding call go. ( I Got a ref that is a good friend) and he told me that they hoped to get this over with before the game.

Good one

I hear LP brings up the starting JV to let them play in a Friday night game when playing Nac...the LP starters are out of the game in the first half...or quarter ?

I hear LP brings up the starting JV to let them play in a Friday night game when playing Nac...the LP starters are out of the game in the first half...or quarter ?

Dunno. You'll have to ask Pack007 about that. (only Lufkin fan on this board that I know of)

How many of these games had the Lobos or LP agreeing to run the clock to get the game over? I know last year they run the clock at Lobo Stadium.

Not to mention, about 25 of us were sitting in the stands like idiots in the rain watching the clock run down!!

All the Mesquite 5A schools would be in the 5A DII category for your prospal. As would the Rockwall schools, atm.

As for the travel....you get use to it. Don't think Marshall has much to worry about though anytime soon.

I think he is talking about Poteet and West Mesquite.

Yea....the starters are usually out by the second quarter. Btw...I wish we could play Lv twice or find a team like North Shore or katy to play in non-district. It's a waste of time playing nacogroaches every year. A few years ago they lost to freakin Diboll. Pitiful...

Yea....the starters are usually out by the second quarter. Btw...I wish we could play Lv twice or find a team like North Shore or katy to play in non-district. It's a waste of time playing nacogroaches every year. A few years ago they lost to freakin Diboll. Pitiful...

Y'all played North Shore not too long ago didn't y'all?

Y'all played North Shore not too long ago didn't y'all?

Yea, the year we took off Nacogroaches because of the hurricane. I want to have like a two or even four year series with them. I think Lv, A&M, the skirts and NS would get us better prepared for the playoffs.

Yea, the year we took off Nacogroaches because of the hurricane. I want to have like a two or even four year series with them. I think Lv, A&M, the skirts and NS would get us better prepared for the playoffs.

Until Nac and Marshall get to where they can compete, why not drop them and Lobos and LP play the home and home series again ?

Especially since you guys barely get out of the 1 st round of the playoffs every year

Uhhh....we actually play against some good 5A competition in the first round, but I don't expect you to understand that. I hope you're not a nacogroaches fan trying to talk smack....

Until Nac and Marshall get to where they can compete, why not drop them and Lobos and LP play the home and home series again ?

The elders in both town still think it's a great rivalry and the financial reasons of course, at least in Lufkin and Nac. The Marshall and Lv series may become relevant again in the future though. (waits for Wolf) lmao..

The Marshall and Lv series may become relevant again in the future though. (waits for Wolf) lmao..

Definitely has a better chance of making a comeback than Lp/Nac BECOMING a rivalry. If I have to hear your TV guys say that Lp/Nac is the oldest "rivalry" in the state one more year...I'm going to go absolutely insane. It's not even close to the oldest.

Definitely has a better chance of making a comeback than Lp/Nac BECOMING a rivalry. If I have to hear your TV guys say that Lp/Nac is the oldest "rivalry" in the state one more year...I'm going to go absolutely insane. It's not even close to the oldest.

Lmfao

Yes ... but Nac IS the OLDEST TOWN IN TEXAS :P

If I have to hear your TV guys say that Lp/Nac is the oldest "rivalry" in the state one more year...I'm going to go absolutely insane. It's not even close to the oldest.

Welp..in some people's theories, oldest = the very best.

So without further or do..I Pick Lufkin-Nac as the best rivalry in the nation. lol