Doomer

Remove Golf from SDC?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like golf removed?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • I dont care
    • Think not

Doomer, You and many more believe golf is not a sport, but there are even more that know golf is a great sport. It can be a team sport, or an individual sport. I would love to see you try to hit a golf ball. I'm sure it would bring a smile to my face and I need that. Have a good day.

Just because someone can't do something like hit a golf ball that dosen't make it a sport. If some people can't cook, does that make it a sport? Nooooo!! If some people don't know how to operate a bulldozer, does that make it a sport? Nooooooo!! If some people don't know how to spell like doomer, does that make it a sport? Nooooooo!! Golf is something people do on their spare time like play bingo LOL :lol:

• Like 1

Just because someone can't do something like hit a golf ball that dosen't make it a sport. If some people can't cook, does that make it a sport? Nooooo!! If some people don't know how to operate a bulldozer, does that make it a sport? Nooooooo!! If some people don't know how to spell like doomer, does that make it a sport? Nooooooo!! Golf is something people do on their spare time like play bingo LOL :lol:

I have never heard anyone say golf wasn't a sport from anyone who has ever really tried playing golf. It's easy to dismiss golf as a non-sport if you don't play golf. Golf may be the greatest sport ever invented.

• 5 months later...

If you want to get rid of something ... I suggest soccer

It ranks right up there with watching paint dry and slightly less entertaining than watching a fireant mound.

Just because you don't like or understand it, don't make it so.

Soccer is to Football as Chess is to Checkers.

No time outs, constantly changing play strategy with no coach to tell you what to do, average player runs 5-6 miles in a match, no pads, and everyone uses their feet.

If Soccer is not a sport to you, you just have a closed mind.

Just because you don't like or understand it, don't make it so.

Soccer is to Football as Chess is to Checkers.

No time outs, constantly changing play strategy with no coach to tell you what to do, average player runs 5-6 miles in a match, no pads, and everyone uses their feet.

If Soccer is not a sport to you, you just have a closed mind.

Do you know why people play soccer?

So they don't have to watch it! .... BWAAAAHHHH!!!!!

• Like 2

We watch a lot of soccer at our house. Premier League Semi's tonight and tomorrow.

To each their own. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea.

I'm too old and slow to play anymore, but physically, it is a LOT more strenuous than golf.

I can still plow through 18 holes, but I would die before the first half of a soccer game was through,

and that's playing in goal.

Golf is indeed a sport, it requires a physical skill utilized in a contest for placement.

It doesn't need to be "Removed" to make room.

It's not like there is limited space on the internet.

If there is, there is a whole lot of other stuff that can be whittled down to make room for that cooking show and thread about ladies' legs.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recommend golf to any student of the art of cursing!

Your post reminded me.

Some years back, when the G'kids were about 7 & 10, we passed a golf course. Green by the road had a pond just off the left side. G'son ask, what happens if your ball goes in the water (which has happened to me a million times)? I told him, "Well, the first thing you do is say some special golf words".

Is golf a sport? I have to say yes. In a foursome one summer. We're all wearing shorts. Buddy hits a terrible shot and breaks his metal shaft club across his thigh. Broken end cut his leg wide open. Blood and carnage everywhere. I'll admit I'm not sure if that qualifies as defense or offense though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd like to see what this moron could shoot. Probably couldn't break 100 ... sort of like Obama

Anyway, I'll be off to Covington, La to defend my last year's championship in our annual family tournament next Thursday. I've won it three out of the last six years, even with a dozen or so young whipper snappers playing. We usually have about 25 or so playing. I can still break 80 most of the time at my advanced age of 63. I limped in last year with a 76 after being under par through 14 holes .... bad neck/back and all ... :P

I'd like to see what this moron could shoot. Probably couldn't break 100 ... sort of like Obama

Anyway, I'll be off to Covington, La to defend my last year's championship in our annual family tournament next Thursday. I've won it three out of the last six years, even with a dozen or so young whipper snappers playing. We usually have about 25 or so playing. I can still break 80 most of the time at my advanced age of 63. I limped in last year with a 76 after being under par through 14 holes .... bad neck/back and all ... :P

Win one for the gipper...........

• 3 weeks later...

Max Kellermann for president. Finally someone in the know who can give a definative answer! Case solved!

Glad to see you taking time from using the telephone on catfish to post something. I was worried about you (even though you don't realize golf is a sport lol).

• Like 1

Win one for the gipper...........

The gipper didn't bring his A game, double bogeyed first three holes ... ended up in 4th place out of 24 with 81 ... young whipper snapper nephews shot 75 and 76 ... nxt year will be a different story .... not an easy course .... :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...