Wyatt Santos---BEAST

Ralex75

Unless my eyesight and research skills have failed me, all you pre-season prognosticators have a GLARING omission from all your pre-season lists. No where do I see the name WYATT SANTOS listed as an All-East Texas or All-State OL selection for FIRST TEAM.

A little birdie told me that today at the ETSN combine (Top 100 players in Texas invited) Wyatt wowed by doing the following:

*won strongest athlete (24 reps of 225)

*fastest time in explosion ramp

*2nd best time in footwork

*won OL MVP

Beast. He's an absolute beast. He's so adept at delivering a PANCAKE block (google it, if you're not in the know) that IHOP is considering naming a breakfast platter after him.

Even with all the aforementioned accolades that he won today, the most impressive thing about Wyatt is that he's a GREAT kid. Great gets thrown around a lot. But it's fitting in this instance. Well-mannered kid with a blue-collar work ethic. He lets his play and physical gifts do the talking. Very popular in his community of Van.

Go back and re-tool your lists. This kid deserves to be on it. Top-flight offensive lineman.

And he's only going to be a junior next season! If he's not the #1 recruit in the state his senior year, I'll buy you all breakfast at IHOP.

Will he follow big brother Dalton to the land of beautiful blonde co-eds and the world famous 6th street, and play for the Longhorns? Lord willing!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little birdie told me that today at the ETSN combine (Top 100 players in Texas invited)

Top 100 in Texas invited? Then the folks at ETSN must be bias because everyone there were from East Texas. lol

The kid definitely solidified himself as a solid interior o-line prospect for 2015 class. I'd slow down on the number 1 prospect talk at this point, although he may be top 40 in the state. Right now, Daylon Mack holds that #1 position IMO.

Unless my eyesight and research skills have failed me, all you pre-season prognosticators have a GLARING omission from all your pre-season lists. No where do I see the name WYATT SANTOS listed as an All-East Texas or All-State OL selection for FIRST TEAM.

A little birdie told me that today at the ETSN combine (Top 100 players in Texas invited) Wyatt wowed by doing the following:

*won strongest athlete (24 reps of 225)

*fastest time in explosion ramp

*2nd best time in footwork

*won OL MVP

Beast. He's an absolute beast. He's so adept at delivering a PANCAKE block (google it, if you're not in the know) that IHOP is considering naming a breakfast platter after him.

Even with all the aforementioned accolades that he won today, the most impressive thing about Wyatt is that he's a GREAT kid. Great gets thrown around a lot. But it's fitting in this instance. Well-mannered kid with a blue-collar work ethic. He lets his play and physical gifts do the talking. Very popular in his community of Van.

Go back and re-tool your lists. This kid deserves to be on it. Top-flight offensive lineman.

And he's only going to be a junior next season! If he's not the #1 recruit in the state his senior year, I'll buy you all breakfast at IHOP.

Will he follow big brother Dalton to the land of beautiful blonde co-eds and the world famous 6th street, and play for the Longhorns? Lord willing!

Coached by the premier offensive line coach in the state of Texas, Sambo Harvey

Quote from ESPN Insider today:

A new Santos to watch

Texas linebacker Dalton Santos was once a standout 2012 player and an Under Armour All-American. Now, the recruiting world will have another Santos to follow. Little brother Wyatt Santos (Van, Texas/Van), a 2015 offensive guard, put on a show and was one of the few players to contain Mack during lineman drills.

Santos was named co-offensive lineman MVP along with Jacob Bragg (Nacogdoches, Texas/Nacogdoches), who has Kansas and Louisiana Tech offers.

Seeing the competition from Daylon and others, it was awesome, said Santos, who has early interest from Texas A&M, UTEP, SMU, North Texas, Houston and -- of course -- Texas.

Santos, a 6-foot-2, 331-pound guard, showed his blocking ability and showed excellent footwork against older competitors. He said he has been using his older brother's advice of working hard, being respectful and maintaining focus.

I think I've got a chance to do something special, he said.

2015 as a whole turned heads at this camp. 4 of the top 5 performers were 2015 guys.

Longview 2015 RB Jamycal Hasty was the overall top performer at the camp, gaining both offensive and RB MVP. That's his 2nd combine MVP this off-season after winning it at the Texas Top 100 in Desoto about a month ago. Almost won it at the Nike Training Camp in Allen a few weeks back..but he was the top performer in 15'. Watched him at Longview's spring game Friday. Not only is he a threat running the ball..but he'll line up in the slot and make a DB or two look silly.

Holds Texas Tech offer.

The kid definitely solidified himself as a solid interior o-line prospect for 2015 class. I'd slow down on the number 1 prospect talk at this point, although he may be top 40 in the state. Right now, Daylon Mack holds that #1 position IMO.

247's top 2015s... Released top 25 this morning. Only going to put ET guys up.

2. Daylon Mack

13. Larry Pryor

15. Kris Boyd

In Texas? Mack definitely is up there..but I'd give the #1 spot to Soso Jamabo at Plano West. Ask Lufkin fans about him..

He came in at #3...

Top spot went to Maea Teuhema, Keller.

247's top 2015s... Released top 25 this morning. Only going to put ET guys up.

2. Daylon Mack

13. Larry Pryor

15. Kris Boyd

He came in at #3...

Top spot went to Maea Teuhema, Keller.

Chris Warren at Rockwall is another top one.

2015 as a whole turned heads at this camp. 4 of the top 5 performers were 2015 guys.

Longview 2015 RB Jamycal Hasty was the overall top performer at the camp, gaining both offensive and RB MVP. That's his 2nd combine MVP this off-season after winning it at the Texas Top 100 in Desoto about a month ago. Almost won it at the Nike Training Camp in Allen a few weeks back..but he was the top performer in 15'. Watched him at Longview's spring game Friday. Not only is he a threat running the ball..but he'll line up in the slot and make a DB or two look silly.

Holds Texas Tech offer.

With his 40 time, he will be receiving a lot of MVP's. He's pretty small. Not sure how this translates to full contact, but he is impressive in this environment. Fast & can jump out of the gym!

With his 40 time, he will be receiving a lot of MVP's. He's pretty small. Not sure how this translates to full contact, but he is impressive in this environment. Fast & can jump out of the gym!

How small is he? Height/weight.

5'9 184 (official height and weight). That's about perfect for a RB. Bigger than what Trey Williams was for Dekaney..who now plays in the SEC.

His speed isn't the only reason he's been successful. He's got the total package. Pass protection blocking, vision, carrying, awareness etc.